HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

May 2013 BTO

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #616

May i ask a noob question, why is the Sembawang BTO so low ratio, low until unbelievable... Any major issues with it? I am going for it since it is near my gf parents' house there.... Or are most ppl attracted by the sobf exercise?
I feel that they launched 3 sites together. That causes the huge delta between flat supply and application rate.
If they only launch 1 site. I believe the application rate you will see is >50% of flat supply.
lifeisfullofupndown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #617

Mi too hope it happen to Yishun BTO

Seem this may bto not many pple interested

Hope yishun bto nt many pple apply
galaxy_henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #618
d3n
High Supremacy Member

May i ask a noob question, why is the Sembawang BTO so low ratio, low until unbelievable... Any major issues with it? I am going for it since it is near my gf parents' house there.... Or are most ppl attracted by the sobf exercise?
location wise its not outstanding... i drove to see the site already. its really an empty plot of land with no amenities... need to travel out.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #619

location wise its not outstanding... i drove to see the site already. its really an empty plot of land with no amenities... need to travel out.
But HDB did mention will build some amenities in that area if i am not wrong with its own supermarket, eating house, restaurants and shops, so you can shop and enjoy a meal close to home. A child care centre, an education centre and a Residents’ Committee Centre will also be located within the development. At least that is what is written over at the hdb webpage...
BTOseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #620
Great Supremacy Member

But HDB did mention will build some amenities in that area if i am not wrong with its own supermarket, eating house, restaurants and shops, so you can shop and enjoy a meal close to home. A child care centre, an education centre and a Residents’ Committee Centre will also be located within the development. At least that is what is written over at the hdb webpage...
It would be built...Eventually...
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #621
d3n
High Supremacy Member

the stalls wun open overnight... unless a food court chain comes along to open there.

i believe initially it will be tough for ppl staying there, and confirm u need to travel out to sembawang or yishun to shop and eat.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #622
d3n
High Supremacy Member

btw, after application close, how long to know the ballot result?

i read someone here say 2-3 weeks?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #623
High Supremacy Member

the "thank you" page wrote end of july after i submit my application/$10... for SoBF tt is..

oh email oso have:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your application to buy a flat under the May 2013 Sale of Balance Flats Exercise.

You may retrieve a copy of the acknowledgment page for your application via this link:

We are currently processing all flat applications received. The ballot results will be released in end July 2013.

We wish you all the best for your flat application.

Last edited by d3fc0n; 04-06-2013 at 05:16 PM..
d3fc0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #624

the "thank you" page wrote end of july after i submit my application/$10... for SoBF tt is..

oh email oso have:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your application to buy a flat under the May 2013 Sale of Balance Flats Exercise.

You may retrieve a copy of the acknowledgment page for your application via this link:

We are currently processing all flat applications received. The ballot results will be released in end July 2013.

We wish you all the best for your flat application.

damn blardyyyy longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Old 04-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #625

It is end June 2013 for BTO....
BTOseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #626
Arch-Supremacy Member

the stalls wun open overnight... unless a food court chain comes along to open there.

i believe initially it will be tough for ppl staying there, and confirm u need to travel out to sembawang or yishun to shop and eat.
the question to those bto that have < 50% application rate... will HDB proceed the bto?
devilcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #627
d3n
High Supremacy Member

the question to those bto that have < 50% application rate... will HDB proceed the bto?
i am wondering too... if take up so low... very malu leh.. then end up all become SOBF?

will they refund the $10 if BTO never takes place?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #628
Greater Supremacy Member

i am wondering too... if take up so low... very malu leh.. then end up all become SOBF?

the word refund dont exist in hdb dictionary
ParkJinYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #629
Supremacy Member

They will build regardless of the low number of applicants. At least it never happen b4 that HDB will cancel it..
MBoI1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #630
Great Supremacy Member

Go ahead with project, wait 1/2 year later then put on sobf, mark up the pricing, limit those bto sites = profit..

Ppl who happen to be looking at north side will probably just go for it..
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.