HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

May 2013 BTO

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #646
Great Supremacy Member

FT = foreign talent?

i think my chances are 50% now... as long as the applicants dun shoot up more then 600+
Weird right to use FT here..

Actually doesnt matter hw many % is ur chance, more importantly is what no u will get..
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #647

Where got enough??

BTO - 4500 application as of now..We add in 3000 due to reapply means S$48000
SOBF - 18096 now..Add in another 3000 due to fussy minded..Total of S$210960

About 260k only, buy EC???

why the number of applicants for sembawang so low?? location is it?? people who appy sembawang confirm get one...
Old 05-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #648
Great Supremacy Member

why the number of applicants for sembawang so low?? location is it?? people who appy sembawang confirm get one...
You know sinkie..Must be near town areas(And i dont mean Orchard), must be near MRT Station..Must have gd shopping malls, supermarket, kopitiam, have different buses going different places etc etc..

And in short, they say Sembawang ish jin wulu..

My take(Too bad i prefer CCK due to work location and also near my parents) is if it goes ahead, should get it. Now nt much amenities so price lower, in future sure have and prices even for the units remaining(If the project went ahead) would be jack up..
Old 05-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #649

sembawang one still very low demand... not even 50% yet for 4 room

Hougang one most scary now... 700+ fighting over 210 units... next is JW 500+ over 238 units.
ulu ulu sembawang...lolx..having the most number of units but turned out having the least number of applicants...seems like not v well-received by in this current BTO..
ACbukitbatok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #650

I think people are waiting for government to reduce the housing by the what said 30% before commuting to get a flat and maybe that explains the low application rate.

I beg to differ. Please remember that the 30% cheaper flats will come with conditions attached, such as shorter leases or can only sell back to HDB. Most Singaporeans don't want that. They rather have a flat which they can pass on to their kids or sell it years later and profit from it so that they can upgrade to a bigger place or use the profits as retirement funds.

Also to be brutally honest, this May BTO is the least interesting BTO in recent. Take a look at last years July, Sept and Nov BTO and the flats offered. This year's Jan BTO was also quite gd. I would say the biggest reason for the poor application rate is because of the locations. Singaporeans want BTOs in good locations and they are willing to wait.

I know alot of people are waiting for July BTO.... there are more than 1400 flats offered in Bukit Merah and I can gurantee you it will be many times oversubscribed despite the prices. Ultimately its all about location.
1stlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #651
Greater Supremacy Member

You know sinkie..Must be near town areas(And i dont mean Orchard), must be near MRT Station..Must have gd shopping malls, supermarket, kopitiam, have different buses going different places etc etc..

And in short, they say Sembawang ish jin wulu..

My take(Too bad i prefer CCK due to work location and also near my parents) is if it goes ahead, should get it. Now nt much amenities so price lower, in future sure have and prices even for the units remaining(If the project went ahead) would be jack up..
pple said the same for Punggol
till today, pple still laughing at Punggol
ParkJinYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #652
Master Member

sigh i kena luff at alot of times liao.. but strangely those ppl who luff at me when i balloted for my punggol flat @ 2008 oso moving to punggol in the near future.. hmm
Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #653
Great Supremacy Member

There's only so much land in SG..
Old 05-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #654
High Supremacy Member

I beg to differ. Please remember that the 30% cheaper flats will come with conditions attached, such as shorter leases or can only sell back to HDB. Most Singaporeans don't want that. They rather have a flat which they can pass on to their kids or sell it years later and profit from it so that they can upgrade to a bigger place or use the profits as retirement funds.

Also to be brutally honest, this May BTO is the least interesting BTO in recent. Take a look at last years July, Sept and Nov BTO and the flats offered. This year's Jan BTO was also quite gd. I would say the biggest reason for the poor application rate is because of the locations. Singaporeans want BTOs in good locations and they are willing to wait.

I know alot of people are waiting for July BTO.... there are more than 1400 flats offered in Bukit Merah and I can gurantee you it will be many times oversubscribed despite the prices. Ultimately its all about location.
i think the b.merah one at least 480k for 4rm.. v interested as its near my workplace.. but its gonna strech my pocket.. so i didnt wait...
Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #655
d3n
High Supremacy Member

i think the b.merah one at least 480k for 4rm.. v interested as its near my workplace.. but its gonna strech my pocket.. so i didnt wait...
bukit merah maybe my next choice if i cannot get JW...
Old 05-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #656
Arch-Supremacy Member

FRom what I know, HDB will only go ahead with the construction if certain % of occupancy is confirmed/booked. I forgot it's 75%/85%. Because w/o $$ from these applicants, there is no way HDB is going to fork out their own $$ to main contractors to build and construct the project. Don't forget, booking fee for the unit varies from $500-$2000 which is a large sum of $$.
if u followed last few years development, few btos also didnt hit the required 70+% application rate, but they still went ahead to build it.... need to dig...

Last edited by mybigcannon; 05-06-2013 at 11:16 AM..
mybigcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #657
High Supremacy Member

bukit merah maybe my next choice if i cannot get JW...
b.merah will be mor epopular leh.. u got priority scheme there?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #658
d3n
High Supremacy Member

b.merah will be mor epopular leh.. u got priority scheme there?
no... but maybe try my luck loh haha...

else see what Sept BTO have to offer then maybe wait till then.

but still hope to get JW cos me and my gf like the area
Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #659
High Supremacy Member

no... but maybe try my luck loh haha...

else see what Sept BTO have to offer then maybe wait till then.

but still hope to get JW cos me and my gf like the area
i tink i oso will try for bmerah of this rnd cannot get a ballot or unit of my choice.. if i got ballot bt cannot find a unit i want.. does this forefiet place a 1yr ban on bto?
d3fc0n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #660

If its $480K, its already considered cheap. Look at the prices of the SOBF 4-rm flats in Bukit Merah. If you can get a unit in the July BTO for Bukit Merah its a jackpot! After MOP can sell for a fat profit and upgrade.

In Nov BTO, prices for 4-rm units in Toa Payoh Crest was $428,000 - $546,000. Many people said it was expensive.... but look at the number of applications received!
1stlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.