HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

May 2013 BTO

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #826
Master Member

Did anyone received any letter from HDB about BTO? My mum saw a Letter from HDB under me and my wife name. Going back home to see what is it about.
I suppose its the letter to inform u how many chances u have as a first or second timer.
twinklingstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #827
Arch-Supremacy Member

I appeal 5 times already, through my MP, hdb minister and even PM. the reasons they gave for my rejection are ridiculous.
Why new citizen can apply bto and AHG grant
What about see WP MP for help
Old 17-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #828
Arch-Supremacy Member

No assests. Currently staying in a rental flat from hdb.
U nw had a roof ..y need buy..probably hdb thk u shld hv work substantial yrs b4 u apply flat from them..even they gve u grant can u buy? Dun depend on grants..its a bonus to hve
Ronaldo88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #829
Master Member

U nw had a roof ..y need buy..probably hdb thk u shld hv work substantial yrs b4 u apply flat from them..even they gve u grant can u buy? Dun depend on grants..its a bonus to hve
It is a 2 room rental flat so it is not under my name. The rental is based on income and contract is renewed every 2 years. It is not wise to stay in a rental flat forever, sooner or later I have to move on, what if my contract is not renewed by hdb, where am I gonna to stay? My sibling and I are mid 20s already and are still sharing a bedroom (Opposite gender). Hdb should recognise and provide proper aid for those who really need it. My parents have passed and my sibling and I are trying to move on and learn to be independent.

If you are in the same situation as me, what will you do?
Old 17-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #830
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is a 2 room rental flat so it is not under my name. The rental is based on income and contract is renewed every 2 years. It is not wise to stay in a rental flat forever, sooner or later I have to move on, what if my contract is not renewed by hdb, where am I gonna to stay? My sibling and I are mid 20s already and are still sharing a bedroom (Opposite gender). Hdb should recognise and provide proper aid for those who really need it. My parents have passed and my sibling and I are trying to move on and learn to be independent.

I suppose u had got 280k hdb loan with 2.8k gross..few yrs later both u n sibling will be working.compared to household income less 3k with small kids..its much tougher than u..
Old 17-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #831
Great Supremacy Member

Did anyone received any letter from HDB about BTO? My mum saw a Letter from HDB under me and my wife name. Going back home to see what is it about.
Just telling u y have applied for where larx, 1st timer got hw many chances allocated as compared to 2nd timer, and then will inform u ballot results end June..

After all u spend $10 for it.. Must give u a piece of paper..
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #832
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why ur parent do not buy direct HDB last time instead rent

Last time is cheap and our parent bought 1st HDB 3rm @18k in 80s before stayed from kampong

My another sibling bought 3rm@135k in 2002 and nt so expensive that time and she dnt work high pay job since no subsidy or grant and now need pay stamp duty unlike last time...so I think you bought ur own hdb flat will better

Why dnt get 4rm and next time sell away still have profit gain

Last edited by 3G SAINT; 17-06-2013 at 08:23 PM..
3G SAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #833
Great Supremacy Member

Last time is cheap and our parent bought 1st HDB 3rm @18k in 80s before stayed from kampong

My another sibling bought 3rm@135k in 2002 and nt so expensive that time and she dnt work high pay job since no subsidy or grant and now need pay stamp duty unlesd last time...so I think you bought ur own hdb flat will better

Same...Live in Holland V No 1 1room rental when i was born then move to Queenstown rental before my parents brought the current 3rm for about 25-28k in the late 80s..
Old 17-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #834
Master Member

My another sibling bought 3rm@135k in 2002 and nt so expensive that time and she dnt work high pay job since no subsidy or grant and now need pay stamp duty unlike last time...so I think you bought ur own hdb flat will better

my father only earns ~$1200, no cpf.. he has some ailments, so is my mother, he was forced into early retirement and my sibling and i are still schooling, how to afford a hdb flat? he did wanted to purchase a 3 room hdb 10 years ago, but by then the prices were out of reach for him... so llst continue to rent from hdb.

so now no choice.. its time for me to get my own place.. i cant rent from hdb forever...

Last edited by twinklingstars; 17-06-2013 at 09:59 PM..
Old 17-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #835
Arch-Supremacy Member

my father only earns ~$1200, no cpf.. he has some ailments, so is my mother, he was forced into early retirement and my sibling and i are still schooling, how to afford a hdb flat? he did wanted to purchase a 3 room hdb 10 years ago, but by then the prices were out of reach for him... so llst continue to rent from hdb.

so now no choice.. its time for me to get my own place.. i cant rent from hdb forever...
My father pay is $200 plus in 80s and do odd job but still bought 3rm flat@18k... and I asked why dnt bought 4rm instead

If in 10 yrs ago still cheap maybe ur dad dare nt buy hdb flat...

You can see nw pple dare to buy 600k hdb flat

Last edited by 3G SAINT; 17-06-2013 at 10:13 PM..
Old 17-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #836
Arch-Supremacy Member

My father pay is $200 plus in 80s and do odd job but still bought 3rm flat@18k... and I asked why dnt bought 4rm instead

If in 10 yrs ago still cheap maybe ur dad dare nt buy hdb flat...

You can see nw pple dare to buy 600k hdb flat
Last time people buy for family stay..nw buy is for capital gain n rental income..so they thk cfm can hve 20-30% capital gain down the road. So they r daring to hoot n
Old 17-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #837
Arch-Supremacy Member

Last time people buy for family stay..nw buy is for capital gain n rental income..so they thk cfm can hve 20-30% capital gain down the road. So they r daring to hoot n
Make sure they have money for back up if jobless or property crash
Old 17-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #838
Arch-Supremacy Member

Make sure they have money for back up if jobless or property crash
Alot thking sg property only go up n crash-immune..just tweak policies if things nt going right..
Old 17-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #839
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just telling u y have applied for where larx, 1st timer got hw many chances allocated as compared to 2nd timer, and then will inform u ballot results end June..

After all u spend $10 for it.. Must give u a piece of paper..
I also received it.. make my heart skip a beat when i saw it! Then.. chey. 2 weeks to go!!!
missangsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #840
Great Supremacy Member

I also received it.. make my heart skip a beat when i saw it! Then.. chey. 2 weeks to go!!!

If the letter to inform you of your ballot no can reach u means the online check already open anyway..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.