May 2013 Sembawang BTO

slothbal

Reaction score
Sembawang bto applicants please contribute ere!!

Share ur views

Last edited:

Jian_Liang

Reaction score
4 rm for me! application date not out yet though...
which area u think better?
read abt ppl saying abt sun direction wind direction which is so confusing!

bluez1211

Reaction score
Me applied for 4rm sbw, my Q no. sucks :eek: , not sure which stack of unit to aim for yet, anyone can advise which stack of unit won't kena sunset?

BTOseekers

Reaction score
I applied for 4 rm but still thinking which estate better, EastWave near road and mrt(Future). 403 (Best imo) only unit to face park.
EastBrook can face park and river and near bigger shopping area but abit more rowdy i assume since more ppl cos of alot 2rm and rental (No ill intention and offense intended about rental and 2rm). 483/485 (Best imo) face park and river. 567/569 for those who do want stairs near them.
EastWave face park and river and more tranquil and peaceful. 721(Best imo) and 737 are the choice unit for me.

And are these the best units per estate? I am noob just saying what i and my gf feel. And btw i got ppl saying dun take the top floor? Can i know the reason, I am pretty sure i can get most unit that i prefer as i am no.10 but spoil for choice and hard to decide since so early no. Can't see what others take....
I am think 14 or 13 (Bad luck?) or 12 floor is better?

viffer99

Reaction score
Me applied for 4rm sbw, my Q no. sucks :eek: , not sure which stack of unit to aim for yet, anyone can advise which stack of unit won't kena sunset?

I aslo applied 4rm...but i bet my nos worst then yours. :(
hahaha

slothbal

Reaction score
I applied for 4 rm but still thinking which estate better, EastWave near road and mrt(Future). 403 (Best imo) only unit to face park.
EastBrook can face park and river and near bigger shopping area but abit more rowdy i assume since more ppl cos of alot 2rm and rental (No ill intention and offense intended about rental and 2rm). 483/485 (Best imo) face park and river. 567/569 for those who do want stairs near them.
EastWave face park and river and more tranquil and peaceful. 721(Best imo) and 737 are the choice unit for me.

And are these the best units per estate? I am noob just saying what i and my gf feel. And btw i got ppl saying dun take the top floor? Can i know the reason, I am pretty sure i can get most unit that i prefer as i am no.10 but spoil for choice and hard to decide since so early no. Can't see what others take....
I am think 14 or 13 (Bad luck?) or 12 floor is better?

That's what I heard to! Top floor hot! And if roof plastering not done properly, problem of seepage. 14th Chinese say pang tang. Direct translation in Chinese - want to die. 13th floor, no no. I think unit starts fr 12 and below. Haha.

If I can have 8th floor!!! I will be over the moon!! Don't fight with me. Haha

Btw, Hi neighbors!

Last edited:

Jian_Liang

Reaction score
btw, anyone received ur appointment date?
the "may BTO" thread seems to have a few people with their dates already.

BTOseekers

Reaction score
That's what I heard to! Top floor hot! And if roof plastering not done properly, problem of seepage. 14th Chinese say pang tang. Direct translation in Chinese - want to die. 13th floor, no no. I think unit starts fr 12 and below. Haha.

If I can have 8th floor!!! I will be over the moon!! Don't fight with me. Haha

Btw, Hi neighbors!

Is 8th floor really tat popular? I tot higher floors much more desired? 12nd in my case is better than 8th? Better view also imo :p

Btw Slothbal, what units and estate u aiming?

Last edited:

slothbal

Reaction score
Is 8th floor really tat popular? I tot higher floors much more desired? 12nd in my case is better than 8th? Better view also imo :p

Btw Slothbal, what units and estate u aiming?

I am sided to being pang tang. It's subjective actually. I would prefer to have 8th floor. Which explains why ppl would want their car plates to have 8s in them or even telephone nos. I believe 8th floor is the very much sought after floor for ppl like myself, pang tang!! Haha

I am looking at east wave and east bank. Staying around the vicinity. East bank is quite a walk fr the future mrt (if it happens) and its deep in though its more serene. Eastwave, however, is closer to the future station, not too close either due to future bto going to be built at the side of the road. Most noise fr mrt would be filtered. So noise is not an issue IMO. Amenities n convenience clustered all in a location! My wife and myself is still deciding between serenity or convenience.

Siding towards east wave

Last edited:

BTOseekers

Reaction score
I am sided to being pang tang. It's subjective actually. I would prefer to have 8th floor. Which explains why ppl would want their car plates to have 8s in them or even telephone nos. I believe 8th floor is the very much sought after floor for ppl like myself, pang tang!! Haha

I am looking at east wave and east bank. Staiying around the vicinity. East bank is quite a walk fr the future mrt (if it happens) and its deep in though its more serene. Eastwave, however, is closer to the future station, not too close either due to future bto going to be built at the side of the road. Most noise fr mrt would be filtered. So noise is not an issue IMO. Bounded with amenities n convenience! My wife and myself is still deciding between serenity or convenience.

Sliding towards east wave

Actually i am sliding toward EastBank, 4rm units facing better than EastWave 4 rm units.

EastBank unit stack 721 and 737 face river and only had morning sun. Quite ideal facing just abit far from convenience like mrt and shopping area.
Most EastWave 4 rm units faced either road or future BTO.... And only 1 unit stack face park and a few stacks face school (also not too good) And the unit stack that face park will had to contend with afternoon sun.... Only plus i can see is near mrt and eating area.. I also not looking much in CA since I dun think i am selling and buying another flat in the future. Moving house is such a chore....

Last edited:

slothbal

Reaction score
Actually i am sliding toward EastBank, 4rm units facing better than EastWave 4 rm units.

EastBank unit stack 721 and 737 face river and only had morning sun. Quite ideal facing just abit far from convenience like mrt and shopping area.
Most EastWave 4 rm units faced either road or future BTO.... And only 1 unit stack face park and a few stacks face school (also not too good) And the unit stack that face park will had to contend with afternoon sun.... Only plus i can see is near mrt and eating area.. I also not looking much in CA since I dun think i am selling and buying another flat in the future. Moving house is such a chore....

So you are the ones that go for serenity. =)
737 got afternoon sun coming in. Read fr previous post tat it would be hot?

spreeorganizer

Reaction score
Initially eyeing on eastwave unit 337, 339 , 403 but I dont like the house layout. Household shelter is right beside the main door, the living room looks much smaller.

slothbal

Reaction score
Initially eyeing on eastwave unit 337, 339 , 403 but I dont like the house layout. Household shelter is right beside the main door, the living room looks much smaller.

Try to get those in the kitchen. Could double up as a storeroom! Living room looks much spacious too! If the shelter is in the living room, it's unpleasant looking and u might need to spend money to cover up. Such as erecting a display shelf to hide the door. It's very common now adays. However, If giving a choice, shelter in the kitchen is the better choice imo

BTOseekers

Reaction score
My mistake, the windows are facing north. Yup! 737 I the best unit I tink!

What is the reason of 737 winning 721 as best unit?
:s11: Both to me look about same but 721 face more direct east only meaning even lesser noon sun....

slothbal

Reaction score
What is the reason of 737 winning 721 as best unit?
:s11: Both to me look about same but 721 face more direct east only meaning even lesser noon sun....

I believe 737 might have the sea view if there r no future plans. Or at least u get to enjoy the view before any plans starts undergoing! But it's furthest fr the mrt track

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.