May 2015 BTO - EastLink I/II @ Canberra

funkycucumber

Reaction score
Come lets discuss abt this bto.. :D:D

How many of you are applying?

Now its oversub so we can only pray we can get a good ballot number.. :s12::s12:

*Raises hand* 4r under mcps :)

Thanks for starting this thread!

both of us are staying in the north that's why chose to apply canberra plus my workplace also in the north. I'm curious as to why u guys chose this proj as well!

Anyone else applied under mcps?

Idk why they built so many 3r, tts undersubscribed whereas 4r is so oversubscribed.

ShineBelle

Reaction score
My other half stays in the North all his life and his parents live walking distance. Price is reasonable and future MRT coming up with nearby Chong Pang attractive to my other half.

We initially wanted to try Punggol but didn't like that the FW dorm nearby. So we looked at this project and we liked the future plans for this area better :)

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Good location, upcoming MRT nearby.

But for now, lack of public transport. Only got bus 169.

hydeyoshi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see no one create a thread on this bto ma.. Haha..

Anyway applied but not under mcps.. You all have better chance than me..

Honestly mrt is the main draw for me and also the price is reasonable..

I also think they shld have build more 4rm..

ShineBelle

Reaction score

Thanks hydeyoshi! Was wondering why don't have. Hopefully the applicants in this forum will have the luck to get, hehe.

3rm is undersub here, also think they should have made more 4rms and all the buidings only till 11 and 12storey, make higher would have more units but of course more ex.

hydeyoshi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good location, upcoming MRT nearby.

But for now, lack of public transport. Only got bus 169.

Yah.. Hopefully the transportation will improve in the future..

Thanks hydeyoshi! Was wondering why don't have. Hopefully the applicants in this forum will have the luck to get, hehe.

3rm is undersub here, also think they should have made more 4rms and all the buidings only till 11 and 12storey, make higher would have more units but of course more ex.

My guess is that they cant build higher due to height restriction as the airbase is nearby..

I think many ppl think sembawang is birds no lay eggs place but so long we can appreciate the place can liao..

funkycucumber

Reaction score
Yah.. Hopefully the transportation will improve in the future..

My guess is that they cant build higher due to height restriction as the airbase is nearby..

I think many ppl think sembawang is birds no lay eggs place but so long we can appreciate the place can liao..

Haha no worries la. Pretty sure the canberra mrt will be ready by the time eastlink is ready. Its the current earlier projects tts almost complete nw tt suffer.. bad transport and noisy/dusty environment.

Having lived in sembawang for the past 15 years, I must say I really love sembawang for its serenity. Its away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. I like to chill by the seaside at sbw park and jog along the canel.

hydeyoshi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha no worries la. Pretty sure the canberra mrt will be ready by the time eastlink is ready. Its the current earlier projects tts almost complete nw tt suffer.. bad transport and noisy/dusty environment.

Having lived in sembawang for the past 15 years, I must say I really love sembawang for its serenity. Its away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. I like to chill by the seaside at sbw park and jog along the canel.

Yah. The earlier projects likely to suffer.. Lol
The location isnt that bad afterall.. One stop away from northpoint and sun plaza.. Ssc also nearby.. Next time gt north south expressway also..

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

But for how long ? Around Sembawang, it is developing fast. Even Sembawang Beach they also renovate until very modern unlike last time which is more natural.

Yah. The earlier projects likely to suffer.. Lol
The location isnt that bad afterall.. One stop away from northpoint and sun plaza.. Ssc also nearby.. Next time gt north south expressway also..

SSC nearby but no direct route in...

NSE a distance away. Luckily !

Those living along Sembawang Road at Yishun section may suffer as the viaduct passes on top of it...

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sembawang HDB BTO

On the Northwest of Canberra MRT Station there're 2 plots of land for Sembawang Road EC and The Brownstone EC. Both ECs are opposite Eastlace @ Canberra HDB Flats.

Not sure what's in store yet for the plot of land where the planned Canberra MRT Station is. Could be called HDB BTO Westlink I & II @ Canberra. Hahaha. :s13:

Anyway no matter what sure huat lah. The earlier you purchase the higher your ROI. Price quantum of Sembawang not so high yet.

HDB BTO Mar 2014
HDB BTO May 2015

Last edited:

sky_rainbow

Reaction score

Me too!! I applied 4 Room flat as well but not under MCPS.

Also drawn to this Sembawang BTO for the same reasons.

BabyTurkey

Reaction score
Wished they did 5rms for it. :( hesitating as the man and I want a 5 rm flat.

The first batch of BTOs here (Eastwave, east bank) were under subscribed for 5rms. You could wait for HDB to launch them as SOBF down the road.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
On the Northwest of Canberra MRT Station there're 2 plots of land for Sembawang Road EC and The Brownstone EC. Both ECs are opposite Eastlace @ Canberra HDB Flats.

Not sure what's in store yet for the plot of land where the planned Canberra MRT Station is. Could be called HDB BTO Westlink I & II @ Canberra. Hahaha. :s13:

Anyway no matter what sure huat lah. The earlier you purchase the higher your ROI. Price quantum of Sembawang not so high yet.

HDB BTO Mar 2014
HDB BTO May 2015

Residential purposes, according to URA Plan

hydeyoshi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

HDB BTO Mar 2014
HDB BTO May 2015

Lol @ the westlink I & II..

Mr.Canberra stays at ard canberra now? Haha..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.