May 2017 BTO: Forest Spring @ Yishun

loveSalnT

Master Member
Reaction score
apparently scandustrial is a real thing. then we maybe similar..cos my lighting quite industrial, as in bare, can see the tracking.
go and download the Sweet Home 3D dabble around. they only have basic furnishing so if need Ikea catalogue need to buy the add on from designers.
they normally create furnitures and sell to interior designers for their design use.
i am ok with figuring out software so i manage to get what i need and get the concept down.

loveSaInt: i think you need to check how to take care of custom painting. i think got some treatment needed to preserve de.

Canvas paint require little to none treatment.
Is competely wrapped up for now la.
Care is to not expose to direct sunlight else color will fade. Occasionally, jus use a cloth to dust off can liao.

My paint hang indoors. Unit face no direct sun in. =D

ONSspring

Reaction score
Absolutely priceless in value.
I commission an canvas art painting la.
A picture of us and she paint it out then help to frame it. Giant piece of art!!
Artist from Vietnam! XD
Don't worry la.. art painting can last many decades!
Need commission more when we travel this few years to fill the walls of FS! Haha

Yalor.. I damn tempted to get appliances but worry warranty sure gone by the time. Saw the SMEG Kettle that time at Tangs. So retro colorful. But the 4yrs warranty sure gone by the time move in. But also feels that the design sure gone 4 yrs later and then must find other design jor. LOL

Btw, damn expensive. One cost 199sgd. 😥😭😶
Electric kettle good for 2 ppl ? Those big family cannot jor. Volume of litres boil not enough to consume per serving for all. Lol!

And also, this forum is back to life!!! Hahaha xoxo

4 years later sure have new and better design.

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
Means completely no tiles. Just cement screed liao.. let it dry.. then polish even then finish liao ah? So industrial feel! Woohooo!!

I gg for Italian tiles!

it sounds expensive. is your scheme italian mediterranean or?
just wondering you chose a 4 room so the budget for reno is?

Anyone know how to plan budgets for renov?

i went to google types of renovation themes:
1. Scandinavian
2. Palatial (luxurious )
3. Nautical
4. Japanese
5. Victorian
6. Rustic
7. Minimalist
8. Resort
9. Retro
10. Industrial
https://www.renotalk.com/article/10-most-popular-interior-design-themes-for-bto-renovation-part-1

1. Vintage
2. Contemporary
3. Eclectic
4. Industrial
5. Modern
6. Scandinavian
7. Traditional
8. Transitional 'updated classic'
9. Retro (1960s )
https://qanvast.com/sg/articles/9-different-singapore-home-renovation-styles-3

Last edited:

ONSspring

Reaction score
it sounds expensive. is your scheme italian mediterranean or?
just wondering you chose a 4 room so the budget for reno is?

Anyone know how to plan budgets for renov?

i went to google types of renovation themes:
1. Scandinavian
2. Palatial (luxurious )
3. Nautical
4. Japanese
5. Victorian
6. Rustic
7. Minimalist
8. Resort
9. Retro
10. Industrial
https://www.renotalk.com/article/10-most-popular-interior-design-themes-for-bto-renovation-part-1

1. Vintage
2. Contemporary
3. Eclectic
4. Industrial
5. Modern
6. Scandinavian
7. Traditional
8. Transitional 'updated classic'
9. Retro (1960s )
https://qanvast.com/sg/articles/9-different-singapore-home-renovation-styles-3

Depends on the quality of materials u choose. Flooring got many types, vinyl cheapest, followed by homogenous tile, marble......
Kitchen top cheapest is the counter top (arcylic, plastic materials). Best is granite or Quartz.
Depends also on the quality of furniture u buying or are u planning for build in wardrobes, TV feature wall or buy ur own tv consoles.
depends also on whether the contractor/ID wants to fleece u or not.
not forgetting inflation rate 4 yrs later.
Cheapest i heard ppls do is less than $20K. Average ard $30K to $40K. Very sophisticated type can go up to $80K to $100K.

Plus if u r planning to take reno loan from bank, remember to budget in the interest rate : )

ONSspring

Reaction score
Means completely no tiles. Just cement screed liao.. let it dry.. then polish even then finish liao ah? So industrial feel! Woohooo!!

I gg for Italian tiles!

Italian tiles? Is it marble? U going for Victorian style? Wow! Marble very expensive leh. U very rich hor : )

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
As long as your walls are light coloured should be fine plus ultimately it depends on the direction of sunlight.

Meeee! But i scared will make the hse looks very dark and cannot see dirt T_T

I've always liked the smooth feeling to touch of the cement though I know it's not so popular for a home floor.

I gg for Italian tiles!

Yup! Exactly like that. There's a protective layer on top of the cement for waterproofing otherwise, cement is prone to water absorption.

What is cement flooring?

Do u mean this?
https://www.renonation.sg/cement-screed-cracked/

I already opted in for the vinyl flooring with HDB during flat selection.

NurLiy

Reaction score
Wah you both very enthu. I'm still staring at the floorplan and thinking of what I can do with it. hahaha.

Same here. hahaha...

loveSaInT : you're very excited.
Me also. i completed the interior design plan, with 3D walk through.
Bahaha.

wah so fast, which ID u using?

Anyone has already made purchase items/appliances thats related to your FS BTO unit?!

I just commission an art drawing painting and painting will keep at my storeroom for a good long 4/5 years until i can officially unveil at my house! :s13::s13:
Also, purchased a neon decor light already ~ :s13:

:s22:

hahaha !

Who else like me!?! LOL! =D

:eek:

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
i dont know which ID to go for. i probably going to engage contractor to do carpentary and that's all. i did see on facebook this company seems good..dc carpentary.
however, i have done zero research so don't trust me. hehe.

i really like the cement screen on wall idea, its so nice.

Last edited:

loveSalnT

Master Member
Reaction score
This means selection has completely stopped right?

No movement of selection long long ago... with so many available units (especially 4 rooms) :s13:

Now with the removal of selection in HDB website and removal of FS model at HDB hub. Looks like its completely stopped and gonna see Sales Balance Flats offering Forest Springs Units already. :s22:

Anyway - Happy Deepavali Everyone! :D:s12:

loveSalnT

Master Member
Reaction score
Do we still need show our HLE upon 2nd appt?
Does the HLE still needs to be valid?
If not valid, must reapply ah?

:flash:
:super::super:

:bandit:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.