May 2017 BTO: Forest Spring @ Yishun

patpsc

Reaction score
Thanks thanks.

Aiyo fengshui ah.. not for the weak hearted and people who think a lot like me leh 😩

I hand itchy went to Google on some tips and so far the unit I chosen have 2 bad points liao walau ☹️

Actually very happy I got the house one but can't help to feel worry now lol

So people with weak heart don't go ownself Google ah ~ ownself scare ownself is not fun hahahaha

Aiyo, what's the other bad point? See fellow FSpringer can offer advice anot. Maybe it's not even a bad point.

I saw a fellow FSpringer giving very good advice of a economical children lock to the 2room toilet door.👍

loveSalnT

Master Member
Reaction score
ya i worry for lovesaint health because he/she very excited since the beginning... i scared the heart cannot take it :s13::s13:

Its good training to the heart, mind & soul ! :s13:
Law of attraction ma. Hoping to get my top listed units.
If no more, then i raise white flag and go for my backup listed units lo. :s13:
#WhatToDo

just curious, lovesaint why u dont like the eco toiletbowl?

Just dont like even when im back @ Hdb hub again to see it tgt w my in law.
The queen came to SG to see showroom & she also dont like (same as my mum). :s13:
#WhatToDo

Misa

Reaction score
Misa, Thanks. Hope to have neighbor like you who is filled with positive energy. �� I need more more ++++ energy to remain in the race. ��

haha actually im not very positive but i think like what ONSspring said, need to be thankful. if can get a number and a chance to select is better than those who don't have a number. it's not my dream house but it's still a home i can call my own, however small :D

Its good training to the heart, mind & soul ! :s13:
Law of attraction ma. Hoping to get my top listed units.
If no more, then i raise white flag and go for my backup listed units lo. :s13:
#WhatToDo

Just dont like even when im back @ Hdb hub again to see it tgt w my in law.
The queen came to SG to see showroom & she also dont like (same as my mum). :s13:
#WhatToDo

well if really dont like then change the bowl...not very ex i guess. actually i totally forgot bout it until you mentioned it.. :s13:

Last edited:

loveSalnT

Master Member
Reaction score
well if really dont like then change the bowl...not very ex i guess. actually i totally forgot bout it until you mentioned it.. :s13:

a toilet bowl cost S$100 - S$250.
Can change la. :s13:

But !!
Its purely personal preference ah. Dont get influence by me :s22:

:D

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I use the eco pedestal at home since it is offered under HIP for me. Useful leh, don't need to run another tap after you are done with your business :D just be careful not to let hair and other things flow into the bowl and you will be fine :s13:

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw may I ask all the FS pros here, how are you all tracking the queue numbers ah :D my turn to track in a few days

loveSalnT

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw may I ask all the FS pros here, how are you all tracking the queue numbers ah :D my turn to track in a few days

Before start of exercise, I recorded down all the information in excel.
When exercise starts, Every 5 min, I refresh the page.
If number change, I shout fuyohhhh! Then crasp my heart , wipe my tears.

Then i look at the ethnic that has drop in count update my record.
Then I find what unit is taken and record down again.

Then I shout fuyohhhh!!!! Why whyyy whyyy...
Then I pray!

Repeat.

Hahaha hahahaha!

Anyway, later cross 12am midnight, u guys can login to see what's the queue number and will know how many appts for tomorrow. 🙏

Last edited:

loveSalnT

Master Member
Reaction score
I use the eco pedestal at home since it is offered under HIP for me. Useful leh, don't need to run another tap after you are done with your business :D just be careful not to let hair and other things flow into the bowl and you will be fine :s13:

If I don't take their OCS toilet package, it still comes with the eco pedestal as standard right?

vodka_supernova

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got my appointment date for flat selection. That'll be on 11 September. Such an inauspicious date. lol. Am applying for a 2-room Flexi apartment. Ballot number is 322. Units available is 320. What do you guys think my chances of getting a unit is? I would have gotten a 3 or even a 4 room apartment if I could but alas, am single. Am just getting my HLE ready. But most probably, am just gonna be making full payment using my CPF. Would be sad to see such a big amount disappear from my CPF account, but debt-free would be good too.

Currently I have been staying in Yishun for nearly 30 years. So, I think Forest Spring's location is ideal. not much traffic. near the seletar dam. possible views of the reservoir. Hopefully I can get my hands on a 45sgm 2-room and on a high floor.

Regarding far distance from Northpoint, well, nowadays there's Grab and Uber. Got discounts often times as well. So, distance to Khatib MRT/Northpoint isn't such a worry.

Last edited:

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I don't take their OCS toilet package, it still comes with the eco pedestal as standard right?

The OCS for internal doors and sanitary fittings come with:
Wash basins with tap
Shower head

The toilet bowl is by default bah.

filumfu

Reaction score
Just got my appointment date for flat selection. That'll be on 11 September. Such an inauspicious date. lol. Am applying for a 2-room Flexi apartment. Ballot number is 322. Units available is 320. What do you guys think my chances of getting a unit is? I would have gotten a 3 or even a 4 room apartment if I could but alas, am single. Am just getting my HLE ready. But most probably, am just gonna be making full payment using my CPF. Would be sad to see such a big amount disappear from my CPF account, but debt-free would be good too.

Currently I have been staying in Yishun for nearly 30 years. So, I think Forest Spring's location is ideal. not much traffic. near the seletar dam. possible views of the reservoir. Hopefully I can get my hands on a 45sgm 2-room and on a high floor.

Regarding far distance from Northpoint, well, nowadays there's Grab and Uber. Got discounts often times as well. So, distance to Khatib MRT/Northpoint isn't such a worry.

20369865_10155485399245050_5693013780977102044_o.jpg
if i do recall correctly, there are already drops out for 2-room flat liao. So ur ballot no. Would definitely get u a 2 room flat, just whether is your ideal stack, high floor or low floor

filumfu

Reaction score
The OCS for internal doors and sanitary fittings come with:
Wash basins with tap
Shower head

The toilet bowl is by default bah.

Yes, is by default, comes with the toilet bowl... if don like i recall can hack away. My hubby and i had finalized don wan ocs from hdb... so we gonna save up on renovation, get one gao gao one. Lol.

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry everyone.

Can I ask whether stack 281 is bigger 2 room or smaller 2 room flat?

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry everyone.

Can I ask whether stack 281 is bigger 2 room or smaller 2 room flat?

you guys need to visit the HDB flats available for selection and view the site map. all blocks 471,472,473 have both sizes.
https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13AWFlatAvail/BP13SEstateSummary?sel=BTO

vodka_supernova : your number exceed, you may monitor the units available to know how many have dropped out, how many units available for selection.
e.g. you go to the page, browse to the block, note down which units have been taken. e.g. 21 units taken. remaining 299.
Your HDB login page will say, current number is 29. (30th July 2017 confirm)
This means that, out of 29 people, 21 units taken and 8 people drop out.
Then, counting from 320 unit + 8 drop out = 328. this mean anyone who had the numbers from 321 to 328 confirm have unit.

so your number is 322, CONGRATS you 100% have a unit.

newbies, please go and read this page from http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...17-bto-forest-spring-@-yishun-5620470-44.html onwards. this is when we all started to track how the units are selected, how to select, which stack good, current units taken and number of drop outs.

mai make us repeat ourselves.
kam sia har mi da.

Last edited:

vodka_supernova

Master Member
Reaction score
mai make us repeat ourselves.
kam sia har mi da.

hehe sorry bro. I tried looking through. Till the 10th page of the thread, I sian already. Thanks loads for the information! Fingers crossed that I am able to get the unit I want!

Oh and perhaps one last question. In my application, I stated that I do not need to take any loan from HDB or banks. But after looking at the price of the flat carefully, and i still have to pay $15k on top of that coz I am a single applicant. And also the extra price of the Optional Component Scheme, I may not have enough in my CPF to settle all. Sigh. If so, during the appointment date, can I inform them that I will need to take up a HDB loan? Or do I need to inform them before going down for the appointment?

Pai seh. Newbie to flat-buying :s22:

loveSalnT

Master Member
Reaction score
You're also FS applicant?

You need an approved HLE on ur appt day if you wan a hdb loan. Since u didn't indicate during ur application. I thk you better call up see can they add in so you can submit all Ur documents now to get ur HLE.

No HLE, no hdb loan.

hehe sorry bro. I tried looking through. Till the 10th page of the thread, I sian already. Thanks loads for the information! Fingers crossed that I am able to get the unit I want!

Oh and perhaps one last question. In my application, I stated that I do not need to take any loan from HDB or banks. But after looking at the price of the flat carefully, and i still have to pay $15k on top of that coz I am a single applicant. And also the extra price of the Optional Component Scheme, I may not have enough in my CPF to settle all. Sigh. If so, during the appointment date, can I inform them that I will need to take up a HDB loan? Or do I need to inform them before going down for the appointment?

Misa

Reaction score

yes you can do that. because i also did that :s13:

just bring along an approved HLE on the day of selection and tell the officer that you want to use the HLE instead of paying cash. can be done :)

loveSalnT

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, is by default, comes with the toilet bowl... if don like i recall can hack away. My hubby and i had finalized don wan ocs from hdb... so we gonna save up on renovation, get one gao gao one. Lol.

If get OCS HDB flooring, wan get ID do rest of things more difficult or easy ah? Say if I wan hack off the walls of one of the room when the OCS flooring is there. Or I shd don't take OCS so the hacking easier?

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
http://mothership.sg/2016/08/8-expe...buyer-must-know-before-purchasing-a-bto-flat/
HLE loan
Apply during sales exercise
ballot to select a flat & pay option fee (option fee cannot use CPF. if using HLE, it can be used)
If you select a flat that is under construction: About 4 months after you have selected a flat, HDB will invite you to sign the agreement for lease.
HDB will invite you to collect your flat keys when the flats are completed.

You will need to pay the down payment of the flat price, legal fees and stamp fees when you sign the agreement for lease. (Payable with CPF: Yes and in full, if taking a HDB housing loan (or not taking any loan).10% of purchase price)

CPF use
=purchase price less housing loan and the approved CPF savings that can be used for the flat
purchase) in cash
Payment of stamp duty, legal fees, and other related costs incurred related
to the purchase or mortgage of the flat.AFL (agreement for lease) = downpayment +stampduty 1%+conveyancing fee (90cents) + caveat registration fee 64.45
Key collection: registration & survey fee

forgot which thread i took the below but i think its for a 4/5 rm which costs 420k
5% DP = $21000
Stamp Fees = $7200
Conveyancing Fee(Inclusive of GST) = $283.10
Caveat Registration Fee = $64.45

-------
Details on costs and fees for new flats
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/finance/costs-and-fees
e.g. A flat that costs 250,000
1.(during booking of flat)
Option Fee: 5%x250,000 (via nets only)
2.(signing of agreement for lease)
Downpayment 10%=25,000 (via CPF)
Stamp Duty 1% on first 180, 2% on next 180=1800+1400=3200
Caveat registration fee of $64.45
the initial option fee paid will be refunded to you, it'll be adjusted against total fee in step2.
3.(collection of keys) (pay via CPF/Cash)
conveyancing fee=27+21.6+114=162.60
registration fee=76.60
Survey fee=150 (for 2rm)
2nd Stamp duty and legal fees at 0.4% of the loan amount, subject to a maximum of $500. =500.
Home Protection Scheme
Fire insurance
Balance of the purchase price

--------
Conveyancing fees are calculated as such:
First $30,000: $0.90 per $1,000
Next $30,000: $0.72 per $1,000
Remaining Amount: $0.60 per $1,000
--------
Calculation of stamp duty for Agreement for Lease
First $180,000: 1%
Next $180,000: 2%
Remaining amount: 3%
--------------
Survey fee
1-Room$150
2-Room$150
3-Room$212.50
4-Room$275
5-Room$325
---------------------

Details on costs and fees for new flats
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/finance/costs-and-fees

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.