My corridor walkway is so cluttered

hotstuff4u

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Like that still ok i think. My neighbour hang wet dripping clothes outside and make the floor super wet. Everytime walk pass have to avoid. My kids fell down once because they stepped on the water :(

Then how u settle ?

tokidoki_sg

Reaction score
Hey bro and sis,

I am moving in to my new place and my neighbour has alot of her clothes and personal stuff along the corridor.

I know from hdb policy, it is not allowed but alot of people close one eye. Problem is, they really take up alot of space and really cannot take it.

Here is the pic.
eKxiXna.jpg

What should I do to ask them to clear the area nicely? Don't want to create tension also.

From the picture, your future neighbour stuff consider quite neat already. This is very very common. I have seen worst. :(

JuMbOfaT

Reaction score
Okay. I feel better now with all the input.
I'll live with this, perhaps just request for her to use lesser space if possible.

But I agree with you. Most importantly they are not noisy and rowdy. Happy neighbour happy life. :s12:

kyteo79

Reaction score
HDB or TC sleeping on the job or blind :s13:

Screw them should anything serious happens.

Haha ...

they will say their subcontractor never seen same.

If you send photos then they will say they will look into it and then say they have informed the residents.

3 months still the same and you write in to mp or tC or HDB ...
their reply is they will send spot check ...

spot check liao still got then they will say they have warned and send letter of warning liao ...

then later they will tell you no matter how regular their spot check this is common and cannot eradicate such behaviours ...

Take money very good do work lazy lousy ... save my breathe and anger ...

MP ? haha ... jiak liao bee ...

Expert

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okay i think i know why TS will be abit dulan... his block is who corridor units facing each other one.. You see the red mat..

JuMbOfaT

Reaction score
okay i think i know why TS will be abit dulan... his block is who corridor units facing each other one.. You see the red mat..

Yes, that red mat is my unit =S.
That's why abit sian my neighbour use the corridor until so shiok, stretch all the way down to my unit there. Yes I agree they are pretty neat (trying to be considerate), but I guess I am not used to used stuff.

Pollyannaism

Reaction score
The last thing you wanna do is to bring in to Town Council. Might want to talk to the neighbor nicely if you feel that you can't take it any longer or if situation worsens.

I had this neighbor living above me who make lots of noises in the middle of the night - banging of door, dragging of chairs etc Almost wanted to take it to Town Council and I am glad I didn't. The old lady who created the noise is actually suffering from dementia and would always bang the daughter's door in the middle of the night (looking for her). After that talk, noises stopped :)

kingkongikiss

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This call alot.. ts have some heart. U think u paid 300k to 800k for a big pig farm? Ts must be one of the most ** singaporean ever. Ur house so far. Complain what f?
Ts go buy landed house . Kpkb so many.
Ts think hdb very big and he got is a big f. Your hdb how many years lease left compare to your loan. Kpkb

Last edited:

JuMbOfaT

Reaction score
This call alot.. ts have some heart. U think u paid 300k to 800k for a big pig farm? Ts must be one of the most ** singaporean ever. Ur house so far. Complain what f?
Ts go buy landed house . Kpkb so many

Lol, if you have nothing constructive to comment, please don't comment anything.

Like I said, I just want to see if this is normal and whether I should do anything about it. As of now, based on what everyone is saying, I think I will just ignore the situation unless it gets worse. If I cannot come here (forum) asking for opinions, I come to forum for what? Be like you no life child with 7k post?

Go kiss your king kong. Peace.

kingkongikiss

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bot testing software 123
selling auto bot software alike this, contact 86 999 116.

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
common space outside its damn tricky one.

my mil also had an arguement with the neighbour regarding common space outside.

went see mp, went for case resolution face to face with the neighbour and the officer.
also end up they will ask u guys to settle among yourselves peacefully.

give and take abit, if everyone thinks that they lugi if they dont use the corridor space like the neighbour do, then whole corridor will be crowded.

anyway its up to u... my neighbour used to hang his big carpert to dry outside using the corner railings and im the corner unit, i also give and take. :)

eensyweensy

Reaction score
Haha, yes it is definitely considered neat but I do understand that it is quite an eye sore to see all their stuff on the common corridor. In an ideal world, the common corridor is kept clean and free of anything.

My previous place was a 1m wide walkway but only a 30-50cm walking space on some areas due to every common corridor unit placing their stuff outside. The worst is placing stands with flower pots there. Whenever we are dragging suitcases to go travel, its as though maneuvering through a obstacle course. Our suit cases always roll over their slippers then they will give the evil glare but what to do, so small space how to drag it without hitting anything. :s8::s8:

Just keep to yourselves and try not to cause tension between your neighbours, never know when you will need their help too!

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HDB should enforce rules that nothing more than 1 or 2 items excluding foot wears are allowed on common spaces. Fine those who place more.

Must HDB wait till something serious to happen before doing something?

kyteo79

Reaction score
HDB should enforce rules that nothing more than 1 or 2 items excluding foot wears are allowed on common spaces. Fine those who place more.

Must HDB wait till something serious to happen before doing something?

Thats y you see alot of beh song people ... so some people see wind blow ...
all the yes yes yes ... but no actions ... or wayang in the wind ...

hahaha

kyteo79

Reaction score
Scared when u saw my bank account ur eye ball drop.. anyway its like 2meter away from your unit and they are not even blocking u. Ts like this also complain, its hdb leh..go buy landed if so yaya

landed also same lah ...

The tree in my land but the branches and tree leaves overhanging into your air space ... leaves and tree drop into your territory ....

hahahaha ...

rich got rich problem ...
poor got poor issues...

this dun concern your bank account or my peanuts ...

in life be humble.

Expert

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Scared when u saw my bank account ur eye ball drop.. anyway its like 2meter away from your unit and they are not even blocking u. Ts like this also complain, its hdb leh..go buy landed if so yaya

he can even see all the clothes without going near his gate leh....:s22:

can see tehkor.. :s13:

Last edited:

tingsters

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is quite neat liao.. i still think be humble ba..
to me this common space walk way cannot be help what,
you can go up to tc or hdb but there is a chance will stop for a while only then it start over again and again..
if those older blocks it even worse then what you see lor..
especially that unit got a big family then see more pole and things hanging outside...

if the things does not block, then not to bother lor.. just close eyes and open eye lor..

Last edited:

JuMbOfaT

Reaction score
Ignore kingkongikiss. I don't understand why he is so angsty. Must be exactly the kind of household who put stuff along the corridor :s8: :s8:
(Oh ya, money isn't everything. Also don't be so confident you have more than me :s8: )

But yup, I am just here to ask the opinions of you guys as to what I should do. Based on what everyone here is saying, i will just close one eye and live with it.

Agree with you all, happy neighbours happy life. :)

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a resale unit for quite sometime and one of the things I avoided are those units where the corridors are cluttered, especially the immediate neighbours. Your neighbours will bring down your resale price certainly.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.