My corridor walkway is so cluttered

JuMbOfaT

Reaction score
Yea Henry, to be honest, it didn't occur to me last time as I was so fixated in just seeing he house which looks nice. Price was good and had good gut feel which is why I signed.

I am not so worried about resale market for my place. It's in a prime area and 2 mins walk to MRT. Definitely will have buyers in future.

This current issue isn't that much of a problem, so long as not noisy or dirty I am okay. Just wanted to see what your opinions were of stuff cluttered along the corridor.

kyteo79

Reaction score
is quite neat liao.. i still think be humble ba..
to me this common space walk way cannot be help what,
you can go up to tc or hdb but there is a chance will stop for a while only then it start over again and again..
if those older blocks it even worse then what you see lor..
especially that unit got a big family then see more pole and things hanging outside...

if the things does not block, then not to bother lor.. just close eyes and open eye lor..

If you been to those eldery estates ... those whom rent to 20 foreign workers
(no offence) and they all hang their sweaty clothes outside ...

closed windows and doors and strench coming out ...

then you will know what happen when you open a can of rottern worms ...

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea Henry, to be honest, it didn't occur to me last time as I was so fixated in just seeing he house which looks nice. Price was good and had good gut feel which is why I signed.

I am not so worried about resale market for my place. It's in a prime area and 2 mins walk to MRT. Definitely will have buyers in future.

This current issue isn't that much of a problem, so long as not noisy or dirty I am okay. Just wanted to see what your opinions were of stuff cluttered along the corridor.

Buyers sure to have. Only the price and whether buyers are like you that forgot they have to live with neighbours' belongings.

kyteo79

Reaction score
Ignore kingkongikiss. I don't understand why he is so angsty. Must be exactly the kind of household who put stuff along the corridor :s8: :s8:
(Oh ya, money isn't everything. Also don't be so confident you have more than me :s8: )

But yup, I am just here to ask the opinions of you guys as to what I should do. Based on what everyone here is saying, i will just close one eye and live with it.

Agree with you all, happy neighbours happy life. :)

Sometime we are fine with certain displeasure and close one eye ... until one spark will create big explosion someday.

Ie. kids fell down. when you buy big furniture and kana stuck or you try to pull thru but their stack of clothes drop and the owner come out kpkb ..

No need to go talk to neighbour.

Just go proper channel to request the removal /clear the walkway till you see what you like. do not stop...

if wana hang clothes like that then might as well bring first floor and hang and air it there ... display it openly

1 person do all the monkey will follow.

Sorry if i am too rude.

kyteo79

Reaction score

* knock knocks ...

Have you seen my mickey mouse bra ?

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
But yup, I am just here to ask the opinions of you guys as to what I should do. Based on what everyone here is saying, i will just close one eye and live with it.

Agree with you all, happy neighbours happy life. :)

Everyone has different tolerance levels. To me it does look a bit much and an eyesore, but if the neighbours themselves are fairly okay people, I'll close one eye and live and let live, unless it's a safety issue.

Personal preference aside, it does look a bit tight going by SCDF safety guidelines, which state that there should be a 1.2m clearance to parapet, to avoid causing obstruction to emergency crew access. Perhaps it might cause some critical delay in a life & death situation someday where your lives are at stake. Or it may never happen. That's up to heng/suay already. *fingers crossed*

Guidelines on Usage of Common Corridor

While SCDF does not permit the storage of combustible materials along common corridors, we can allow for the placement of shoe racks, provided;-
a. It is for the sole purpose of keeping shoes, whereby, it would not constitute a substantial fire load,
b. A minimum clear escape passage of 1.2* m clearance is to be maintained from the parapet wall where the shoe rack is to be allowed.
c. No objects are to be placed along common corridors less than 1.2 m* wide.
d. No placement of items such as clothing racks unless they can be easily folded or removed in times of emergency so that they do not obstruct the escape route.
*The minimum unobstructed width of the corrider was increased from 1m to 1.2m after the revision of the Fire Code in 2013.

Guidelines_HDB_1.jpg

https://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scd...ness/fire_safety_guidelinesforhdbestates.html

JuMbOfaT

Reaction score
Yea I also know all these but like you all said.. Go to TC all that also useless mah.. :s22:

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Give and take depends on your neighbour character. If they are nice, close one eye. But if they are GL type, then see what you want to do.

You should come see my neighbours; Shoe racks, potted plants, bicycle, folded table, chairs and whatnots. I close one eye la since they also close one eye on my loud music and movies. Give and take.

But got one time some idiot go leave 2 huge old cabinets at lift lobby. I straightaway call TC to arrange for bulk refusal the next morning supposedly for "my" furniture. This type of inconsiderate air hole don't need pang chance.

hotstuff4u

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Give and take depends on your neighbour character. If they are nice, close one eye. But if they are GL type, then see what you want to do.

You should come see my neighbours; Shoe racks, potted plants, bicycle, folded table, chairs and whatnots. I close one eye la since they also close one eye on my loud music and movies. Give and take.

But got one time some idiot go leave 2 huge old cabinets at lift lobby. I straightaway call TC to arrange for bulk refusal the next morning supposedly for "my" furniture. This type of inconsiderate air hole don't need pang chance.

My neighbour also claim that sofa is mine I tell town council is not

Anyway Bangla will come clear

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
landed also same lah ...

The tree in my land but the branches and tree leaves overhanging into your air space ... leaves and tree drop into your territory ....

hahahaha ...

rich got rich problem ...
poor got poor issues...

this dun concern your bank account or my peanuts ...

in life be humble.

:s13:, tree still ok, what I hate is parking cones.

kyteo79

Reaction score
Everyone has different tolerance levels. To me it does look a bit much and an eyesore, but if the neighbours themselves are fairly okay people, I'll close one eye and live and let live, unless it's a safety issue.

Personal preference aside, it does look a bit tight going by SCDF safety guidelines, which state that there should be a 1.2m clearance to parapet, to avoid causing obstruction to emergency crew access. Perhaps it might cause some critical delay in a life & death situation someday where your lives are at stake. Or it may never happen. That's up to heng/suay already. *fingers crossed*

SCDF standard can prata boh ? remember triling ? or the clementi BTO ? cant recall ...

anyway ..

fire hazard is one issue. but what about the stench ? or underlying problems of clothes stolen and then neighbour think and gossip say their neighbour underwear thief and the neighbourhood look at you like a pervert ?

hehe ..

or if kids mischief sets fire ?

hotstuff4u

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
SCDF standard can prata boh ? remember triling ? or the clementi BTO ? cant recall ...

anyway ..

fire hazard is one issue. but what about the stench ? or underlying problems of clothes stolen and then neighbour think and gossip say their neighbour underwear thief and the neighbourhood look at you like a pervert ?

hehe ..

or if kids mischief sets fire ?

Oh...n rats hiding place....

chocobelle

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my next door neighbor have a lot of potted plants along the corridor
she also have those clothes rack with bamboo outside coz her upstairs inconsiderate neighbor like to throw things down
I dun mind lah since we are like families I also can hang my laundries when she is not using

GlitterBug

Reaction score
This is better than my parent's neighbour. My parents have high window facing corridor. Only the corner unit family will walk pass.

And they hang their panties, bras and whatnots from the ceiling rack that they ownself install outside my parents window. Meaning it's on eye level view everytime we look out our window.

My parents just give and take also lor.

Sent from my glitter stinger using GAGT

TheRagingEmu

Reaction score
My Neighbour left all his junk outside his unit near lift landing. Bicycle, shoes, trolley etc. Dunno if anyone will complain, doesn't affect me but it's an eyesore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.