HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need advice on balance flats

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #1

Need advice on balance flats

Why these 2 units 247 and 245 is so unfavourable?
Apparently a lot of balance on these 2 units.
Pls advice and help me to understand. Thanks a lot!

upload images
Hypnotika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 12:15 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Face carpark leh

If low floor imagine at night u open window ur view is empty carpark

Sibei eerie
jerichoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 12:22 AM   #3

Face carpark leh

If low floor imagine at night u open window ur view is empty carpark

Sibei eerie

Ok thanks for the insight!
Old 13-03-2019, 08:18 AM   #4

Carpk only 1 storey high. Not a big issue.

3rm flats are not popular anymore. Massive supply in resale market, and not ideal for growing families.

I believe the orientation is the issue. Facing the inward side of a L shaped block.. not much of a view. Maybe not much sun too.
yoongf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #5

Carpk only 1 storey high. Not a big issue.

3rm flats are not popular anymore. Massive supply in resale market, and not ideal for growing families.

I believe the orientation is the issue. Facing the inward side of a L shaped block.. not much of a view. Maybe not much sun too.
Yes i believe orientation too. On the left there are currently existing two blocks of hdb and that they face other blocks and the block opposite are pretty high floors

I believe this is for the clementi northarc project. I have a suggestion to TS to go and check out the site, they are currently building and had about 10 floors done on certain blocks. Go to the existing hdbs to get a bird eye view and have a real feel of the distances btw blocks. It is very misleading from site plan as it is a scale drawing and that the distances are much nearer than u imgaine
maodinipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Great buy,don't wait..

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT
Laoyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #7

Hi fellow Clementi 3 roomer! I believe you are in the midst of selecting units between 210B and 211A.

Below are my humble personal take after visiting the site several times last month.

Blk 210B:
+ The carpark below is one storey, with a garden landscape roof deck, exercise facilities and playground. The view below the unit should be a pleasant one with greenery.
- The direct opposite blk 210A is almost 100m away. 210A have up to level 33. Diagonally, neighbouring blks 209A and 209B have up to level 40. On the other diagonal side, neighbouring Clementi Gateway blks 208B and 208A have levels up 30+. No matter how high the units chosen for stack 245 / 247, no unit will have unblocked views that stretches beyond these towering blocks.
+ Blk 210B is near to the upcoming supermarket and shophouses at blk 209A. This is convenient for marketing and food.

- The nearby Clementi Ave 6 is a heavily used road. Although stacks 245 / 247 are located inside, expect to still hear some traffic noise as it can travel inwards (between the space of 209A and 209B), and upwards (with noise echoing amongst blks 208A, 208B, 210B, 209A, 209B.
- 210B is the most populated block in Northarc with 280 units, with levels stretching up to level 33 for other 4 and 5 rm stack (235 - 243).

Blk 211A:
- Some stacks at 211A are facing the 'temple' (287,285,283, 281). The chinese 'temple' is about 5 storeys high, is actually a buddhist youth mission, which doesn't burn incense paper. Expect it to have activities during special occassions e.g. Vesak Day. The youth mission closes at 10pm daily. On most days, it is peaceful and quiet.
+ At higher levels (more than level 15), stacks 281,283,285,287 will enjoy unblocked views that stretch beyond the temple and fire station
- Some stacks at 211A (287 and 285) are almost 100m away from the MRT line, units may experience noises from the trains.
+ High levels at stacks facing the canal (295,297) have unblocked views and less noise. The ‘industry estates’ are light logistics companies e.g. Toll, a further down; a MRT train depot. These stacks are very popular, as I am writing this, they are almost taken up.
+ Compared to 210B, 211A has 187 units, and is not as populated.

Besides these broad factors, I have other considerations that led me to select blk 211A. Hope this helps! Wishing you the best of luck in your selection!
Leehom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 05:48 PM   #8

Hi fellow Clementi 3 roomer! I believe you are in the midst of selecting units between 210B and 211A.

Below are my humble personal take after visiting the site several times last month.

Blk 210B:
+ The carpark below is one storey, with a garden landscape roof deck, exercise facilities and playground. The view below the unit should be a pleasant one with greenery.
- The direct opposite blk 210A is almost 100m away. 210A have up to level 33. Diagonally, neighbouring blks 209A and 209B have up to level 40. On the other diagonal side, neighbouring Clementi Gateway blks 208B and 208A have levels up 30+. No matter how high the units chosen for stack 245 / 247, no unit will have unblocked views that stretches beyond these towering blocks.
+ Blk 210B is near to the upcoming supermarket and shophouses at blk 209A. This is convenient for marketing and food.

- The nearby Clementi Ave 6 is a heavily used road. Although stacks 245 / 247 are located inside, expect to still hear some traffic noise as it can travel inwards (between the space of 209A and 209B), and upwards (with noise echoing amongst blks 208A, 208B, 210B, 209A, 209B.
- 210B is the most populated block in Northarc with 280 units, with levels stretching up to level 33 for other 4 and 5 rm stack (235 - 243).

Blk 211A:
- Some stacks at 211A are facing the 'temple' (287,285,283, 281). The chinese 'temple' is about 5 storeys high, is actually a buddhist youth mission, which doesn't burn incense paper. Expect it to have activities during special occassions e.g. Vesak Day. The youth mission closes at 10pm daily. On most days, it is peaceful and quiet.
+ At higher levels (more than level 15), stacks 281,283,285,287 will enjoy unblocked views that stretch beyond the temple and fire station
- Some stacks at 211A (287 and 285) are almost 100m away from the MRT line, units may experience noises from the trains.
+ High levels at stacks facing the canal (295,297) have unblocked views and less noise. The ‘industry estates’ are light logistics companies e.g. Toll, a further down; a MRT train depot. These stacks are very popular, as I am writing this, they are almost taken up.
+ Compared to 210B, 211A has 187 units, and is not as populated.

Besides these broad factors, I have other considerations that led me to select blk 211A. Hope this helps! Wishing you the best of luck in your selection!
Oh thanks so much! This is rather useful to me and you can relate to what I need!
Old 13-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #9

Oh thanks so much! This is rather useful to me and you can relate to what I need!

No problem, you’re welcome! Above are just my humble opinion, others may offer an alternative assessment.

All of us have different preferences (and tolerance); it is important to think about how the various stacks can meet these preferences. Some common consideration include privacy, west sun, convenience, high floor, unblocked view, noise etc. The layout plans are useful starting guide. To get a better sense, I would highly recommend going down to have on-site to view the blocks. When I visited last mth, construction was going well – blk 211A had built up to level 8, blk 210B had built up to level 7. I also took the lift up the nearby blk 208B and 208A to get a good perspective. That’s how I assess the unblocked views and noise levels. You could also visualize better when you see for yourself the surrounding facilities e.g. canal, temple and roads (Clementi Ave 6 and Commonwealth Ave West) etc

We prioritize on what’s more important for me and my partner. It’s hard to get a superbly excellent unit, so give and take, win some lose some. Good luck!
Old 15-03-2019, 05:55 PM   #10

Hihi Leehom...
For the site plan pic I uploaded, those flats I circled are not those corridor flats where people walk pass and can see through your place with windows right

No problem, you’re welcome! Above are just my humble opinion, others may offer an alternative assessment.

All of us have different preferences (and tolerance); it is important to think about how the various stacks can meet these preferences. Some common consideration include privacy, west sun, convenience, high floor, unblocked view, noise etc. The layout plans are useful starting guide. To get a better sense, I would highly recommend going down to have on-site to view the blocks. When I visited last mth, construction was going well – blk 211A had built up to level 8, blk 210B had built up to level 7. I also took the lift up the nearby blk 208B and 208A to get a good perspective. That’s how I assess the unblocked views and noise levels. You could also visualize better when you see for yourself the surrounding facilities e.g. canal, temple and roads (Clementi Ave 6 and Commonwealth Ave West) etc

We prioritize on what’s more important for me and my partner. It’s hard to get a superbly excellent unit, so give and take, win some lose some. Good luck!
Old 15-03-2019, 06:31 PM   #11

Hihi Leehom...
For the site plan pic I uploaded, those flats I circled are not those corridor flats where people walk pass and can see through your place with windows right
Hihi. Unfortunately, they are.
For a visual sample, it will be something like this : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4ipKJ8b7xEE/U4L7LFwahuI/AAAAAAAAAnc/QctuuBbd3JE/s1600/photo+5.JPG

There will be a 'privacy panel' at the side along the corridor. But the kitchen may still be seen by others at certain angles.

Stack 245 & 247 are likely to be similar.

Hope this is useful!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.