HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need advice.. buying resale EM or new EC?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2019, 07:19 AM   #16

The question is, when you sell your ec, did you earn a nice profit?

I sold my 77sqm EC and bought a 122sqm 5rm at exactly half the price in the same vacinity and I am glad

S&CC much lower than maintenance and sinking fund even after factoring season parking for car.

Property tax a fraction of what I paid.

Got U-save.

Got S&CC rebates.

Government top-ups now and then.

Other subsidies depend on individual's situation. Example, family member above 35 may qualify for WIS etc.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 07:21 AM   #17
Master Member

EC is sold to you at a discount so there is a higher chance you'd make money if you sell after MOP.
microtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #18
SBC
Supremacy Member

EC is sold to you at a discount so there is a higher chance you'd make money if you sell after MOP.
V innocent comment.
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #19

I also had the same headache 5 years ago. Went ahead with the EC instead of EA or EM.

EM is upstairs and downstairs ... more rare. EA is solid chunk of space and good layout ... Usually cheaper EA or EM in woodlands, older estates of bukit batok, cck, yew tee, etc ..

Prices sold are not cheap. age are old so need a chunk of cash for big renovation.

On EC - younger property age, or about same, cost more than the EA/EM prices but went for it due to ammenties, location, services ... renovation cost lesser maybe due to upkeep ..

Monies for maintenance depend on each thinking. for me i prefer to be used by management rather than TC ..

Cant evaluate much unless maybe some example of area and development names.

EM will be rare or rather is rare ...
kyteo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 09:00 PM   #20

Wow your profit after selling your house must be very good, only took 60k loan?!
No lor..... profit not enough to pay agent commission..... just that we have quite alot in CPF
Whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #21

No lor..... profit not enough to pay agent commission..... just that we have quite alot in CPF
either your old flat was bought cheap else both combine pay is quite high and paid off the old flat to generate interest for long time.
xiiaoqinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2019, 11:34 AM   #22

I bet you have earn a handsome profit.. So ec or EM better?

The question is, when you sell your ec, did you earn a nice profit?
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #23

I sold my 77sqm EC and bought a 122sqm 5rm at exactly half the price in the same vacinity and I am glad

S&CC much lower than maintenance and sinking fund even after factoring season parking for car.

Property tax a fraction of what I paid.

Got U-save.

Got S&CC rebates.

Government top-ups now and then.

Other subsidies depend on individual's situation. Example, family member above 35 may qualify for WIS etc.
Oh. town council fee for em is 100. Add another 100 for season parking is about 200 already.. EC should be around 280

Last edited by birmingham123; 20-04-2019 at 11:51 AM..
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.