HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need advice on HDB inheritance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it true that occupier of hdb flat automatically becomes beneficiary when both parents passed away? How abt the siblings who had moved out? Are they entitled to any share?
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 07:49 PM   #32

Is it true that occupier of hdb flat automatically becomes beneficiary when both parents passed away? How abt the siblings who had moved out? Are they entitled to any share?
Not sure if this will answer your question...

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law...e-distributed/
slashGNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 11:38 AM   #33

The flat will share among me and my half brother even though the flat initially belongs to both of my parents?
First of all, HDB inheritance can be decided through a Will. If your mum writes she wants to give 80% to you and 20% to your brother, that's what will happen. The question you have is about if there is no Will. In that case if both of you are her legal children, you'll both get 50% (she is the 100% owner and only that matters).

After that you and your brother will be in a "Tenancy-in-Common" ownership even though your mum was in "Joint Tenancy". You can read this to see how HDB inheritance works.
Manasa62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.