HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need some advice on my frustration, please.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2019, 10:17 AM   #1

Need some advice on my frustration, please.

my first condo, BUC,
OTP signed, bank loan done,
S&PA not yet signed.

Now I found developer selling my neighbor house at almost 20k cheaper (same block, same floor, same size, just mirror of my house - different stack).

I don't feel good and frustrated, need some advice on what options I have now? (Don't have much experience)

Thanks for your sharing.
qrcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Nothing you can do. If u want forfeit ur unit, your 5% gone le. Which condo?
Old 10-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #3

Partial of 5% gone
Not all 5%
allabtlww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #4

Partial of 5% gone
Not all 5%
25% of the 5% or 1.25% of the purchase price.

So either I forfeit the option and loose 1.25% or suck it and proceed with S&PA. Is there any 3rd option?
Old 10-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Then again, what makes you think developer will sell the same unit you forfeited at -20k cheaper? Who knows, someone else also eyeing and grab it at the price you paid for. Not worth the risk bah.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

Time and space. Sometimes a mirrored unit may give you different views, hence the price difference.

Sent from 8riversuites using GAGT
MrCoconut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #7
Honorary Member

Go for holiday to cool down
The_Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:58 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

my first condo, BUC,
S&PA not yet signed.

Now I found developer selling my neighbor house at almost 20k cheaper (same block, same floor, same size, just mirror of my house - different stack).

I don't feel good and frustrated, need some advice on what options I have now? (Don't have much experience)

Thanks for your sharing.
What if another neighbour got more expensive than u?
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #9

my first condo, BUC,
S&PA not yet signed.

Thanks for your sharing.
What if now that unit is selling 100k more exp? Now its buyers market, see developer or buyer blink first, u lost the guess can blame who.
pippo20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #10
High Supremacy Member

my first condo, BUC,
S&PA not yet signed.

Thanks for your sharing.
price can always go up or down wor
either you forfeit part of the fee according to contract or carry it on fulfil the contract. everything must be legal in civilised country like SG
Old 10-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Time and space. Sometimes a mirrored unit may give you different views, hence the price difference.

Sent from 8riversuites using GAGT
That is my opinion too. I too prefer my neighbour unit as plants can get more sunlight. Though we paying same price.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #12

developers are trying to clear units? did you check the unit one level up or down?
song2608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

25% of the 5% or 1.25% of the purchase price.

So either I forfeit the option and loose 1.25% or suck it and proceed with S&PA. Is there any 3rd option?
If u like the unit just take. Money can always earn back. Haven't move in already so unhappy.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #14

my first condo, BUC,
S&PA not yet signed.

Thanks for your sharing.
I have similar occurrence last time. The unit one floor below mine (same facing, same size, same stack) was sold 30k cheaper than mine which is not suppose to be the case as the price difference betw each floor is about 10k difference only. Thus, it seems I Lugi by $20k. The funny thing is another unit that is one floor Below this unit, paid a higher price than this outlier unit. All these happened within the same month.
I wrote in to question the developer (though they never reply me) and eventually, no such occurrence happened. The rest of the transaction price seems to go back to normal and lately, some units started to increase price by 50k which is a happy thing to me.

So I Guess there must be some “special” discount given to this unit and probably there’s some private arrangement/agreement going on. Probably the buyer is related to developer? Eg business associates? I really dunno.

Talk to your agent and let your agent feedback to developer. If nothing is done, at least the developer is aware buyers are monitoring the price closely and this could prevent similar occurrence. This may also signal to them that if they continue to do this, who would want to buy from same developer.

But then though your neighbour’s unit and your unit may be at same floor, same stack, but the view and angle facing may be different and that’s y a 20k premium over your neighbour’s unit.

Curious Which project?

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 10-11-2019 at 11:13 AM..
NiShiZhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #15

developers are trying to clear units? did you check the unit one level up or down?
I guess so, they're selling the opposite stack one level up and down at the same price.
Polar Bear King likes this.

Last edited by qrcode; 10-11-2019 at 11:27 AM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.