HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree729Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2019, 07:52 PM   #1576

Ah I understand. You were directing your question at Annetyu.

Sorry for the confusion ah. I talkative one, and say many things.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 07:53 PM   #1577
Banned

Momoeagle and Annetyu are the same person?
Actually, josephcws and braun8 etc also me lah
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 07:54 PM   #1578

It does seem the property market is behaving like the stock market now.

Hopefully, there is no dumping of properties because I don't want the market to crash either.
After reviewing data for past 2 weeks due to my initial interest in sumang, I just have a gut feel that it's a good time to pump up prices and sell that bit more so that when they have to give discounts later on, they won't lose much.

Gut feel can always be wrong though. Don't take my word for it.
Old 28-07-2019, 07:56 PM   #1579

Anyone who is not bullish about the market is Annetyu

Lol these jokers
I am not bullish, I am open to listening to facts and figures.

For someone who has not entered, why would I want to be bullish (I rather be hoping your residence can be sold at a huge discount right) but neither am I here to spread fear.

I am just stating the honest truth that indeed I had missed the market during the good old EC days, you are open to mock at me for not taking action during the 2013-2017 period, but do note in time when you are entering the market I believe prices will be a lot higher than now.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 08:00 PM   #1580

Ah I understand. You were directing your question at Annetyu.

Sorry for the confusion ah. I talkative one, and say many things.
Haha no worries, my bad, cos the questions were in reply to him or was it her.

I do agree that prices are in line with affordability, but with growing affluence it seems prices inching up. And I can openly say on highsight, I should.... itís a never ending debate.
Old 28-07-2019, 08:01 PM   #1581
Banned

Haha let me bring back you back in time, when hundred palms were priced at 850psf, I am quite sure you would be one of those skeptical that the prices were too high (I can readily admit I was one of them), in comparison to your (other) 750psf or cheaper resale EC, but you would not admit.

That said, I learnt my lesson, at any time, there are always value buys in the market relative to others.
I always felt ECs were cheap. But my family is not at all keen at those far-away locations.

.... I have no idea what #@$@#% are you talking seriously. I never knew ECs were that cheap at 750psf. It was uncle Ni who pointed it out. Rather, I was arguing that the ECs before hundred palm was above $800psf. Look at the date I joined the forum, that is when I started to feel something is wrong with the prices.

So you felt 850 was high but 1150 is ok? I see!

Honestly, I am still very doubtful whether you are serious about buying any properties. All talk but no action yet? Waiting for prices to go higher is it? I thought you "learn your lesson" alr?

Last edited by annetyu; 28-07-2019 at 08:03 PM..
Old 28-07-2019, 08:04 PM   #1582

For someone who has not entered, why would I want to be bullish (I rather be hoping your residence can be sold at a huge discount right) but neither am I here to spread fear.

I am just stating the honest truth that indeed I had missed the market during the good old EC days, you are open to mock at me for not taking action during the 2013-2017 period, but do note in time when you are entering the market I believe prices will be a lot higher than now.
Only Merg91 will mock la. We all objective one.

2013 time, stocks also cheap right? Got take massive action? Yes or no also doesn't matter. Because they are still nuggets of gems here and there.

We always say hindsight is 20/20. Is how we navigate the future that's more important.

For now, I'm really interested to see how Sumang will sell the remaining 1.5mil units to first timers. I don't qualify for it of course.
Old 28-07-2019, 08:07 PM   #1583
Banned

I never say u bullish ar...

Yes, 4/5 years later when I enter, prices are likely (not guaranteed) to be higher (not "a lot"). I do not have a choice. Will monitor the market and act accordingly when the time comes. Thanks for your concern.
Old 28-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #1584

Only Merg91 will mock la. We all objective one.

2013 time, stocks also cheap right? Got take massive action? Yes or no also doesn't matter. Because they are still nuggets of gems here and there.

We always say hindsight is 20/20. Is how we navigate the future that's more important.

For now, I'm really interested to see how Sumang will sell the remaining 1.5mil units to first timers. I don't qualify for it of course.
Haha you are right bro.
Hindsight is always easy. Jus learn, and I believe we would learn together, if we are not swayed by the negativity
Old 28-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #1585
Banned

I just do not really understand why keep mentioning underpriced? It is not as though the developers are losing money selling their units at the launch price they set. If it is a win-win scenario for everyone, why not?
There is no one talking down the market but only many eager bulls.

I do not believe there is only one proeprty agent here.
Old 28-07-2019, 08:39 PM   #1586

Timing is really important and is very difficult to predict the cycle. While property does not guarantee success, It is always good to have various investment to diversify the risks and property is certainly one area to look at if we want to break away from our current situation.
annetyu likes this.
ynwa00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 09:17 PM   #1587

Developers here rarely give discounts.
They rather give more agents commission so as not to offend the early birds.

Is it really 'early bird discount' or 'normal price'?
Different units differ in pricing thus you are offered 'discount'.
You are not buying a Huawei P30.

If there is really that few overestimation, the concept of discount will not exist le.
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 09:21 PM   #1588
Master Member

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...2021%3A07%3A34
LeSaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 09:25 PM   #1589
Master Member

My Boon Keng DBSS flat is seriously underpriced lol

Our BTO HDB flats are all sold out consistently, must be underpriced too. I will try to feedback to Lawrence to raise BTO prices.

If you are willing, do share your property ownership details so we know where you are coming from.
LeSaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 09:28 PM   #1590

Like stocks, you need not buy really at the bottom.
The charts /data are around.
Many property buyers were staying sidelines a few years ago until they sensed it had bottomed out 2 years ago.
That's the reason suddenly the stagnant ECs sale came to life and all gone.

Properties, unlike shares which are the same, differ in view, height etc and thus the pricing may differ
Very few of us can average down properties like stocks.

Timing is really important and is very difficult to predict the cycle. While property does not guarantee success, It is always good to have various investment to diversify the risks and property is certainly one area to look at if we want to break away from our current situation.
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.