HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree730Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2019, 10:16 AM   #1621
High Supremacy Member

The current price of the 4 bedrooms are near $1.5mil and over, the 5 bedrooms are near $1.6mil and over. Few households with under $14K monthly income can afford this unless they have rich parents or get their parents to sell their flats.
don't forget 30% MSR

not many couples can afford $1.5m with both restrictions in place
K|muRa^84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #1622

Few developers buckled under pressure in 2015-2016.
And they were right for resisting the price cut as the market went up since.
We are at 5 year high.
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/rea...absd-deadlines
"Downward pressure is likely to come only in the mid to long term with the impact of the weaker macroeconomic environment setting in, and when developers are compelled to reduce prices as their sell-by deadlines approach,"
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 10:46 AM   #1623

don't forget 30% MSR

that's why almost every ec u will see some units put up for sales before MOP as they over-stretched themselves till can't take it any longer and hdb granted permission to sell earlier or bank possessed. Some even only 1 or 2 yrs, and many times bcos of this financial issues, they divorced.
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #1624

Because you kept on saying CDL /SPH using 'nice words'.

This is what Zetrio2006 has stated :
Piermont Grand - Best Selling by number of units sold on launch day in 2019
Sky Everton - Best Selling by % sold
Treasures - Best Selling by total number of units sold in 2019

How can I miss anything when I bought a property during the big recession?
Old 29-07-2019, 10:54 AM   #1625

Few developers buckled under pressure in 2015-2016.
And they were right for resisting the price cut as the market went up since.
We are at 5 year high.
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/rea...absd-deadlines
That's because your eyes are solely on the developers and not on the buyers who may face rising interest rates coupled with an inevitable economic downturn due to the nature of economic cycles.

MSR of 30% will not be 30% if one of the income is lost and interest rates rises. It will be substantially higher.

Of course, all these are a moot point if Singapore continues with economic boom and no recession for the next 30 years continuous.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #1626

don't forget 30% MSR

The remaining unsold sumang ec is more of an affordability issue with buyers I think.

4 and 5 bedrooms are quite hard to rent out or sell. For own stay is very good though.

2nd timers too young, not enough cash. Too old, not enough years to loan. Aiyoh
Old 29-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #1627

This confirm best selling ec in 2019.... Cos there is no other ec to compete with!
seanyboydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #1628
Great Supremacy Member

change best to worst and the statement remains true
dnsfpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #1629

You don't look like you will benefit greatly from a rise in prices, so why try so hard to talk up prices?

You may be looking to buy a 2nd property for investment one day and be disgusted by the pathetic rental yields.
Which sentence does I seems to talk up price? This is merely my opinion which I believe u cannot agree with. So be it. But this Samsung ec should be sold out within 2 years, if not 1 year, this you will agree right? If based on recent EC sales trend like brownstone or even visionare where the launch sales is even worse than this Samsung EC. And it also means this Samsung ec is considered have a good start or good sales. In fact, when they reach the last 20% of unsold units, they can even consider raising prices like what all EC done in the past when almost sold out. But since Samsung ec price is already so close to private condo, I dun think they can even raise the price alot. Hehe
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 11:34 AM   #1630

This confirm best selling ec in 2019.... Cos there is no other ec to compete with!
Come to think of it, if an EC, with a govt intended discount to PC, cannot be among the best selling property launch among all other PC launches, it would have been a massive failure.

It's like a duh.
Old 29-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #1631

Rising interest was the issue a few years & it did go up.
And yet Singapore properties /REITs did not fall.
It was a non issue as the base & the rise were low & gradual. MAS had Absd,LTV etc etc in place to prevent overborrowing.

Fed may even lower it soon like you said good for your reits.

Singapore govt would be flexible with economic /housing policies if needed.
Too many Singaporean wealth is at stake if the property market crashes.

That's because your eyes are solely on the developers and not on the buyers who may face rising interest rates coupled with an inevitable economic downturn due to the nature of economic cycles
Old 29-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #1632

Dont underestimate the family support,like your multimillionaire parents in-law.
3 generations can stay in.

How to get 1500 ft 4/5 rooms for $1.5 million @ new PC nowadays?

The remaining unsold sumang ec is more of an affordability issue with buyers I think.

2nd timers too young, not enough cash. Too old, not enough years to loan. Aiyoh
Old 29-07-2019, 12:09 PM   #1633

Read carefully :
The 46 per cent sales achieved as of 6pm on Sunday (July 28) "makes Piermont Grand by far the best-selling property launch in 2019", said developer City Developments Limited (CDL) in a media release.

Old 29-07-2019, 12:17 PM   #1634

How can I miss anything when I bought a property during the big recession?

My flat was still under MOP during the recession so I bought a FH commercial property. I've been collecting rent on that property for many years now and the property value has doubled. And I've fully paid the property loan two years ago.

It's better to have two properties than just upgrading your home, where you can't rent to generate income and paper profits that can't be realized unless you sell your home.
You can also take an equity loan on your existing property(must be private of course) to buy another property or do other investments. This is how people are able to build a property portfolio.
nonagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 12:17 PM   #1635
Master Member

u be surprised many ec buyers r just fresh grads but make downpayment 80% becos is gift from parents.
batdow is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.