HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree602Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2019, 09:09 PM   #151

For EC and PC loan, PC I can get much higher... EC I can't that's why I paid more in cash.

yes, the calculation for PC and EC is different as EC are based on your Mortage Servicing Ratio of 30%.. hence the amount tat you can loan for EC is lower compared to PC. in my opinion, this is good for those 'sandwich class' as without this MSR, more people can afford to buy EC and this will push the EC prices higher.. with the MSR, developer needs to price their product correctly..otherwise,canot sell..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 09:16 PM   #152
Banned

Where you live in lo, so cheap and good and making every new launch buyers regretful
Hahaha! Mine is not cheap but is value for money.

I can’t be bothered about today’s new launch buyers anymore. The price they are paying are at least 5 years into the future. You can expect new launch pricing to remain flattish for the next 5+ years.

There has to be losers for there to be winners. My friends in property development will be thankful for all your support and I will be thankful for you all supporting my CDL and Keppel share price and dividend. Thank you new launch buyers and potential sumang ec buyers. Just continue with your plans. Please also take a look at the garden residences if you can and pay $1,700 so I can get bonus dividend. Thank you!
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 09:18 PM   #153
Banned

yes, the calculation for PC and EC is different as EC are based on your Mortage Servicing Ratio of 30%.. hence the amount tat you can loan for EC is lower compared to PC. in my opinion, this is good for those 'sandwich class' as without this MSR, more people can afford to buy EC and this will push the EC prices higher.. with the MSR, developer needs to price their product correctly..otherwise,canot sell..
839sqft of course they can still afford. If it is normal sized 3 bedder of minimum 1044sqft, do you think they can still comfortably afford it?
Old 14-06-2019, 09:26 PM   #154

Woodlands property scene has being quiet for sometime. The most recent is northwave ec. Ppl are waiting for new launch in woodlands, but as usual, government will only sell lands when they announce more plans for woodlands.

Yay to Woodlands!

Still awaiting the white plot of land near Woodlands central under reserved GLS Q2 2019 to be out...
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 09:30 PM   #155

I think sumang ec should be selling well if is is 1000-1100psf. Its demand comes from the vast hdb upgraders in sk and pg, and also the recent gloomy hdb sentiment is what driving ppl to jump off the hdb sampan. Pc is too risky, ec is a nice balance.

839sqft of course they can still afford. If it is normal sized 3 bedder of minimum 1044sqft, do you think they can still comfortably afford it?
Clazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 09:34 PM   #156

Can see that this thread gonna be a bashing thread again....
sorry if I offended anyone.. just sharing my penny of thought.. like I've mentioned before, different ppl will have different opinions.. no right no wrong.. cheers
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 09:38 PM   #157

Woodlands property scene has being quiet for sometime. The most recent is northwave ec. Ppl are waiting for new launch in woodlands, but as usual, government will only sell lands when they announce more plans for woodlands.
Yap woodland at current is in quiet scene.
It may also be a good thing for those looking for hidden gem.
If a district has reached its full rejuvenation/potential, I guess there’s not much juice left.
Not all districts are created equal.
JLD is a classic example. 10-15 years ago, who believe staying in jurong? But look at j gateway’s recent rental contracts, can hit up to 57 rental contracts in just one month in April.
NiShiZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 09:40 PM   #158
Banned

sorry if I offended anyone.. just sharing my penny of thought.. like I've mentioned before, different ppl will have different opinions.. no right no wrong.. cheers
Relax agent. He is referring to me, the notorious ah ma.
Old 14-06-2019, 09:43 PM   #159
Banned

Yap woodland at current is in quiet scene.
It may also be a good thing for those looking for hidden gem.
If a district has reached its full rejuvenation/potential, I guess there’s not much juice left.
Not all districts are created equal.
JLD is a classic example. 10-15 years ago, who believe staying in jurong? But look at j gateway’s recent rental contracts, can hit up to 57 rental contracts in just one month in April.
Still, property prices is more or less based on distance to the city. Even if jurong west transform into a very attractive super modern and smart town, i don't think it can beat jurong east price. Similarly, woodlands is never going to beat upper thomson prices.

Clementi is probably more ex than jurong east. Buona is more ex than clementi and so on.
Old 14-06-2019, 09:46 PM   #160
Banned

I think sumang ec should be selling well if is is 1000-1100psf. Its demand comes from the vast hdb upgraders in sk and pg, and also the recent gloomy hdb sentiment is what driving ppl to jump off the hdb sampan. Pc is too risky, ec is a nice balance.
Definitely sell well at that price with tremendously scaled down unit sizes.
Old 14-06-2019, 09:48 PM   #161

Don’t be. Some of your points are valid though I may not totally agree with u on everything. If sumang launch at 1200psf, I rather buyers look elsewhere for other PCs with closer price range.?
Most of us here has nothing against property agents.
I’m not sure why some are “allergic” to agents but definitely not me.
If u sprout nonsense and I still buy in your nonsense, I should be the one to be blamed and condemned for not doing my own due diligence.
Being an agent is nothing criminal, we all have families to feed.
Old 14-06-2019, 10:07 PM   #162
Supremacy Member

To begin with the price war, it start off from Esparina EC in 2010, Quartz as private launched in 2006 which is before Esparina and at a price much lower.

After Esparina, follow by Austville EC, Prive EC, River Parc EC, ATT, Luxurie, Riversound, boat House, Twin Waterfall EC.
At this point, land bidding was 300+ppr for EC and 500+ppr for private next to MRT in D19.

A hype came in 2012, when Watertown launch in Punggol MRT, a mix dev that is a managed mall with land bid at $1b, nobody knows the actual ppr for the resi components, I estimate around 700+, 2mth into launch online speculate their price over 1500psf, that is partially true with only a few units cross that mark before discount, overall their average price was around 1200psf.

Next, Parc Centro bid at lower land price and ppl though it was going to launch at 800 to 900 psf, but it turn out higher, others like Riversail, Heron Bay EC, Lafesta, Jewel continue this hype in D19, until Treasure Crest EC and Rivercove EC in SK hit 1.1k psf.

Point is, where is all this price hike came from? Demands?
Developer land bidding war?
Or because of a mix dev, then in Yishun North Park mix-dev 1400psf didn't really push the price up in that area except for Miltonia.

EC being sandwich segment between DBSS and PC, it's land bid price is becoming a benchmark, for subsidised housing, the loan amount to a buyer combine 14k income, 1.5mil ppty is just beyond what some had pointed out.
This segment itself had elevate from targeting budget buyer, HDB upgrader to the rich parents first timer kids.
endlssorrow likes this.
Zze121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 10:18 PM   #163
Banned

Next, Parc Centro bid at lower land price and ppl though it was going to launch at 800 to 900 psf, but it turn out higher, others like Riversail, Heron Bay EC, Lafesta, Jewel continue this hype in D19, until Treasure Crest EC and Rivercove EC in SK hit 1.1k psf.
I believe rivercove avg was $1000psf and treasure crest was lower. 1.1 are outliers from last minute desperate buyers scared of missing the boat because of.... sumang land bid price as how agents have been marketing their projects and how the market is being driven.
Old 14-06-2019, 10:35 PM   #164

To begin with the price war, it start off from Esparina EC in 2010, Quartz as private launched in 2006 which is before Esparina and at a price much lower.

After Esparina, follow by Austville EC, Prive EC, River Parc EC, ATT, Luxurie, Riversound, boat House, Twin Waterfall EC.
At this point, land bidding was 300+ppr for EC and 500+ppr for private next to MRT in D19.

A hype came in 2012, when Watertown launch in Punggol MRT, a mix dev that is a managed mall with land bid at $1b, nobody knows the actual ppr for the resi components, I estimate around 700+, 2mth into launch online speculate their price over 1500psf, that is partially true with only a few units cross that mark before discount, overall their average price was around 1200psf.

Point is, where is all this price hike came from? Demands?
Developer land bidding war?
Or because of a mix dev, then in Yishun North Park mix-dev 1400psf didn't really push the price up in that area except for Miltonia.

EC being sandwich segment between DBSS and PC, it's land bid price is becoming a benchmark, for subsidised housing, the loan amount to a buyer combine 14k income, 1.5mil ppty is just beyond what some had pointed out.
This segment itself had elevate from targeting budget buyer, HDB upgrader to the rich parents first timer kids.
Bro, thanks for the detailed summary. Can tell u r very familiar with D19.
Just a minor correction, Parc centros was truely launched starting at 8xxpsf to 9xxpsf. During the launch date, the queue was so long that for buyers buying multiple units, they are given privilege queue. 5 bedders were all sold out and bought by developer’s business associate before actual launch and not a single 5 bedder unit was available for sales during launch day.

Watertown has a weird pricing. Smaller units (1/2 bedder) are priced betw 1kpsf to 1.1xkpsf. Bigger units like 3/4 bedders are priced 1.2-1.3x kpsf. (All these are factored in after the BSD rebate, proximity rebate and furniture voucher rebate). Can see Far East come up with a lot of stunts that time.

Those buying skies Miltonia at 12xxpsf takes years to repent till now. The current resale transaction price is even lower than the time they bought.
annetyu likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 14-06-2019 at 10:45 PM..
Old 14-06-2019, 11:47 PM   #165
Banned

I don’t think any welcome an agent here because most want an objective 3rd party view of the project, not another salesman like the ones they seen from the show flat.

In early 2018, I visited a showflat as I was looking for an investment, may or may not be property. First thing before even stepping into the show unit, the agent showed me a map of the high land bid prices and potential new launch prices. They were indeed facts and very very convincing. “Do you think prices will get lower with such land prices?” The agent asked me. Therefore my husband and I almost (thankfully almost) committed to a small 2 bedder as we were afraid prices will really shoot sky high.. Agents are really powerful, even I almost got conned and bought on impulse.. Fortunately we consulted our relatives and did more research and looked at the bigger picture.

Last edited by annetyu; 14-06-2019 at 11:51 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.