HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree729Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #1636

u be surprised many ec buyers r just fresh grads but make downpayment 80% becos is gift from parents.
But but but, the first timers purchase percentage is a mere 23% wor.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #1637

Dont underestimate the family support,like your multimillionaire parents in-law.
3 generations can stay in.

How to get 1500 ft 4/5 rooms for $1.5 million @ new PC nowadays?
Too bad for myself, it's all assets and tied up in illiquid properties over 2 countries. Not that much liquid cash from them.

Good that property market can keep drying all those liquidity.
Old 29-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #1638

Rising interest was the issue a few years & it did go up.
And yet Singapore properties /REITs did not fall.
It was a non issue as the base & the rise were low & gradual. MAS had Absd,LTV etc etc in place to prevent overborrowing.

Fed may even lower it soon like you said good for your reits.

Singapore govt would be flexible with economic /housing policies if needed.
Too many Singaporean wealth is at stake if the property market crashes.
Yeah, it went up, but still a low 2+%.
Are you very sure the mortgage rates will never rise to 5% (2007 rates) and beyond in the next 10 years?

But doesn't matter. Singaporeans very rich anyway.
Old 29-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #1639

Now still have units left? Discounts?
Northwave and Parc Life fully sold.
Zetrio2006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #1640

Some young couples may discuss with the not-so-rich parents.
They may buy later & not the first weekend.

For some parents, paying part of it after selling off hdb flats.
And stay in one of the 4/5 rooms /taking care grandchildren.

u be surprised many ec buyers r just fresh grads but make downpayment 80% becos is gift from parents.
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 12:49 PM   #1641

That's to show many many potential EC buyers hiding & ready to pound once they sensed it had bottomed up.
Ulu Sol Acres in CCK with >1300 units also was stagnant sale initially but all gone by 2017.

Northwave and Parc Life fully sold.
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #1642
Banned

That's to show many many potential EC buyers hiding & ready to pound once they sensed it had bottomed up.
Ulu Sol Acres in CCK with >1300 units also was stagnant sale initially but all gone by 2017.
Its all buying on fear and scared of missing the boat because of the land bid prices.

S$1,080 avg was alr below the indicative prices, would have expected it to sell better at that price.

Will you take responsibility for your words? Or just disappear again
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 01:23 PM   #1643

Its all buying on fear and scared of missing the boat because of the land bid prices.

S$1,080 avg was alr below the indicative prices, would have expected it to sell better at that price.

Will you take responsibility for your words? Or just disappear again
Oh. 1080 is the average psf ? Lower than expected. But u really expect to sold out on first day of launch if launch at lower price??

If average is 980psf, maybe will really sold out on first day but unless developer really in need of money, y not just slowly sell at a higher price? If you are the boss, this is wat u will do anyway
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #1644

IF I were the developer, I will launch at $1,200psf avg and slowly skin those suckers layer by layer.

Thing is I am not a developer. Maybe next time I am open to being a developer or working in Capitaland/CDL/Guccoland.
Finally you say something that make sense
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #1645
Banned

Finally you say something that make sense
Anything that is bullish "makes sense" right?

Last edited by annetyu; 29-07-2019 at 03:34 PM..
Old 29-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #1646

You must find it hard to get a job in good companies, don't you?

Do not worry, the government's skillsfuture funding are exactly for people like you. Hope you manage to upskill and progress on from being a part-time labourer/cleaner.

If you bother reflecting and changing your disgusting attitude, maybe you can look for me and I will help you (and your fellow laborers) to get a better job.

Good luck Mr/Ms Suki Dexun.
Find u to get a job? dont make my toes laugh.

You need attitude adjudgment.
sukidexun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 05:08 PM   #1647

Anything that is bullish "makes sense" right?
The more I am researching and reading, the more interesting things I find.

Too many people has forgotten the days of 2009, where some developers give some goodies to encourage purchases yet maintain the psf records. The tricks are not limited to rebates on stamp duties, legal fees, renovation, but even give a small ang bao during CNY.

Apparently deferred payment scheme is also part of the bag of tricks. It has been proven in the past to move a lot of unsold units for private units until the govt stopped it in 2007. But apparently, it is still allowed for ECs. And that is one way on how ECs can be sold faster vs PCs.
Old 29-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #1648
Banned

The more I am researching and reading, the more interesting things I find.

Too many people has forgotten the days of 2009, where some developers give some goodies to encourage purchases yet maintain the psf records. The tricks are not limited to rebates on stamp duties, legal fees, renovation, but even give a small ang bao during CNY.

Apparently deferred payment scheme is also part of the bag of tricks. It has been proven in the past to move a lot of unsold units for private units until the govt stopped it in 2007. But apparently, it is still allowed for ECs. And that is one way on how ECs can be sold faster vs PCs.
No need to look so far back. 2014/15 period already have renowned developers relaunching their projects. I also remember CDL had a lucky draw with a Mercedes Benz C-class grand prize and other prizes to clear units.
Old 29-07-2019, 05:35 PM   #1649
Banned

No need to look so far back. 2014/15 period already have renowned developers relaunching their projects. I also remember CDL had a lucky draw with a Mercedes Benz C-class grand prize and other prizes to clear units.
In fact, it was only in April 2017! Here's the link in case some people say I BS and "talking down" the market. The indian couple are all smiles.
https://www.cdl.com.sg/citynews/apr2017/homerun_4.html
Old 29-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #1650
Master Member

In fact, it was only in April 2017! Here's the link in case some people say I BS and "talking down" the market. The indian couple are all smiles.
https://www.cdl.com.sg/citynews/apr2017/homerun_4.html
well the very fact u were acting as an old lady is already BS la.
so your integrity is questionable. Dun even know if u are really a young man.

even if u speak the truth, we still have to do our due diligence and check if it is true.

so instead of believing ur BS and spending our precious time to check the authenticity of your words, why not take the easier way out and ignore your words.
captain huat is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.