HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree730Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #1696

Is starker closing down? Quite Long never go there Liao.
If true, Quite sad to see starkers Q business going downhill.
It used to be a nice and cosy place, nice food, beer/drinks and live band (木 船type) where one can chill there for hours on weekends.
Maybe because of it’s location at the ulu corner of Waterway Point Mall.
its still operating.. the last time I went there was 2months back I tink.. during weekday evening, the crowd was not bad..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 08:53 AM   #1697
Banned

You did not realize that are many other people who think that you are trolling or bashing or flaming ? I am definitely not the first or the last to say this
I totally understand all of you now. When I tried to look for all the "nonsensical" posts that were "bashing" me, I realize many of it got removed by moderators. I can't blame you for misunderstanding me.

Nono. Not conversion. I sign on OTP before the project top. But developer send s&p to me when project top. So I go look for loan while before I go down law firm sign on s&p. But banker insisted I can only take floating rate..
You claim you have not bought yet but you sign OTP?
You claim Sumang is good buy but you never ballot on saturday?

I am not trying to "flame" but just trying to sort out some irregularities that I am observing.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #1698

Actually hor, developer push higher and higher, I suspect is to make their earlier launches appear cheaper so that it will keep moving.

Then people also just take it as the new norm over time, get caught in fomo, and buy.

And the developers and the tax man smile to the bank.

My thinking now is like that. Should I just stay put and have the ability to retire in about 5 years time and only work to leave a legacy, or should I get caught in the buying fever, and slave and not be able to retire for at least 15 to 20 years more.

My thinking is that new condo prices have peaked. I think the prices of some new condo developments have exceeded the affordability of those middle income upgraders unless they buy small units that are smaller than their flats. Moreover the resale market slowdown is another indicator that prices have peaked. Today's ST article says that condo prices have declined last month https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...ains-nus-index

I think it's wise that you did not rush in especially when you already own a roof over your head, it's not wise to buy at peak prices and be a slave to your home. You are still young, who knows if this economic slowdown may get worse and prices may come down, a news report this week said that citizen unemployment rate has increased to 3.3% and there's a large decrease in job openings.

I'm older and thinking of retirement, I'd probably stay in my flat for my retirement and be debt-free.
annetyu likes this.

Last edited by Braun8; 30-07-2019 at 08:59 AM..
Braun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #1699

Robert Kiyosaki says your own home is a liability, not an asset.

Any disagreement ?
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #1700

Robert Kiyosaki says your own home is a liability, not an asset.

Any disagreement ?
You the expert guru. Why don't you say your thoughts?
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 11:39 AM   #1701

My thinking is that new condo prices have peaked. I think the prices of some new condo developments have exceeded the affordability of those middle income upgraders unless they buy small units that are smaller than their flats. Moreover the resale market slowdown is another indicator that prices have peaked. Today's ST article says that condo prices have declined last month https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...ains-nus-index

I think it's wise that you did not rush in especially when you already own a roof over your head, it's not wise to buy at peak prices and be a slave to your home. You are still young, who knows if this economic slowdown may get worse and prices may come down, a news report this week said that citizen unemployment rate has increased to 3.3% and there's a large decrease in job openings.

I'm older and thinking of retirement, I'd probably stay in my flat for my retirement and be debt-free.
Economy move in cycles. Sure will slow down, just when.

The last one in 2007 wasn't that bad for sg I think.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 11:59 AM   #1702

Stock indices is supposed to indicate 6 months ahead of a recession.
STI is at 3351 today.
The 2 recent low were in Oct 2018 & May 2019.

BTW, CDL shot up 3% today to $9.90 today.

Last edited by Merg91; 30-07-2019 at 12:25 PM..
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #1703

I totally understand all of you now. When I tried to look for all the "nonsensical" posts that were "bashing" me, I realize many of it got removed by moderators. I can't blame you for misunderstanding me.

You claim you have not bought yet but you sign OTP?
You claim Sumang is good buy but you never ballot on saturday?

I am not trying to "flame" but just trying to sort out some irregularities that I am observing.
Wait a min, where did I claim I did buy or did not purchase any condo/EC ? I am silent to this all along and I even state that even if I did buy an EC, it still have 5year mop after taking key. Just that I feel I does not even have any need to disclose anything about my purchase.

When I go balloting for Samsung ec is also my choice

Last edited by birmingham123; 30-07-2019 at 01:22 PM..
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #1704
Master Member

Wait a min, where did I claim I did buy or did not purchase any condo/EC ? I am silent to this all along and I even state that even if I did buy an EC, it still have 5year mop after taking key. Just that I feel I does not even have any need to disclose anything about my purchase.

Aiya chill, lol, she or he kena whacked until abit siao liao, and will spend time finding inconsistencies in anyone's post haha

Just read, post, analyse bah
Old 30-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #1705
Banned

You claimed you signed OTP..

Definitely your choice to ballot samsung ec, up to you. Just that you claim samsung is a good buy, you looking for EC and property sure go up, so it doesn't make sense that you are still waiting.
Old 30-07-2019, 02:00 PM   #1706
Banned

Aiya chill, lol, she or he kena whacked until abit siao liao, and will spend time finding inconsistencies in anyone's post haha

Just read, post, analyse bah
Today is my first time digging up inconsistencies and fake news previously posted. There are tons more than this.

If I were an ordinary person, definitely will be "whack until siao liao". However, 95% of my comments are valid and logical so there is nothing to dispute on my side.
Old 30-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #1707
Master Member

Today is my first time digging up inconsistencies and fake news previously posted. There are tons more than this.

If I were an ordinary person, definitely will be "whack until siao liao". However, 95% of my comments are valid and logical so there is nothing to dispute on my side.

Haha I ok with your posts generally, just take everything with a pinch of salt and remember this is all online nia can liao. It's always good to see 2 sides of everything, if everyone here is bullish about everything also not good in my opinion

Just the way you frame your words really kiam gan I guess? But I ok with it haha, don't stop ah!
annetyu and Taniban like this.
Old 30-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #1708
Banned

Haha I ok with your posts generally, just take everything with a pinch of salt and remember this is all online nia can liao. It's always good to see 2 sides of everything, if everyone here is bullish about everything also not good in my opinion

Just the way you frame your words really kiam gan I guess? But I ok with it haha, don't stop ah!
Lol. Anyway the irregularity and fake news I dug up this morning got removed liao (by moderators I think). Or maybe he feel guilty, he report to remove my post.

No wonder I kenna "whack" so often... because so many posts got removed, leaving behind my "whacking" only.
Old 30-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #1709
Arch-Supremacy Member

You guys buay sian meh keep on fight fight fight.

It is a fact thag EC price is rsther high now and resale may be a better idea if want to upgrade, since the difference is not very significant now, depending on the location.

A plan is just a plan. Gahmen can plan anything they want but would the plan be carried out eventually? Only heaven knows. What if few years down the road, gahmen feels that it’s more important to focus on other areas and push back the decelopement?

You buy a property at a good location, at the end of the day, it is still a good location and it won’t run away. You buy sumang, potential is there as gahmen has announced the future plan. But as I said, a plan is just a plan, they can change any time they want without seeking public opinion.

As we all know, property market is not something we can control, we are at the mercy of this ever-changing world. You want to buy for investment, go ahead, do your homework and hopefully all things turn out good few years later. You want to buy for own stay, by all means, and have a happy life. At the end of the day, just make sure you don’t get over-stretched financially just because you “think” you can make money or “want” to have an upgraded life. We have to differentiate between “want” and “need”.

No matter what your choice is, make sure you have an exit strategy, because **** always happens.

Pls stop shiting each others pls. There are genuine ppl like me who are reading the forum for information and knowledge.
annetyu and Taniban like this.
TheITGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #1710

You guys buay sian meh keep on fight fight fight.

It is a fact thag EC price is rsther high now and resale may be a better idea if want to upgrade, since the difference is not very significant now, depending on the location.

A plan is just a plan. Gahmen can plan anything they want but would the plan be carried out eventually? Only heaven knows. What if few years down the road, gahmen feels that it’s more important to focus on other areas and push back the decelopement?

You buy a property at a good location, at the end of the day, it is still a good location and it won’t run away. You buy sumang, potential is there as gahmen has announced the future plan. But as I said, a plan is just a plan, they can change any time they want without seeking public opinion.

As we all know, property market is not something we can control, we are at the mercy of this ever-changing world. You want to buy for investment, go ahead, do your homework and hopefully all things turn out good few years later. You want to buy for own stay, by all means, and have a happy life. At the end of the day, just make sure you don’t get over-stretched financially just because you “think” you can make money or “want” to have an upgraded life. We have to differentiate between “want” and “need”.

No matter what your choice is, make sure you have an exit strategy, because **** always happens.

Pls stop shiting each others pls. There are genuine ppl like me who are reading the forum for information and knowledge.
Support. More info and alternative opinions, keep calm and less fighting please.
annetyu likes this.
josephcws is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.