HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree701Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2019, 08:01 PM   #1951

But you see, buy EC sure earn.

And if you pay high when it is new launch, you will be able to sell higher regardless of what the surrounding condos are selling.

It must be true. Property sure climb higher. $1.5k psf for punggol coming soon! Sure can sell and people sure snap up after 5 years. I mean, must make profit after accounting for interests right? And also must earn at least 2x of what you could earn from a hdb bto right (that means at least $400k), else what's the point of risking so much up front cash right?
I donít think you can earn 400k from flipping EC (not for Piermont) actually not even for the better new launch PC, 400k for flipping BTO are also outliers maybe those purchased at premium locations and with view etc. A closer bet is 200k for value buys, sure profit projects are perhaps those PC priced closer to EC price, maybe riverfront, treasures?
Passerboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #1952

I guess most EC buyers are buying for long term own stay, thus affordable is most important. No need 400k profit ba, but 200k should be quite easy if need to sell.
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:26 PM   #1953

Missed the earlier cheaper boat, and when one sees >400 Piermont sale / incoming Canberra not cheaper still ......understandably anyone should be sarcastic

Last edited by Merg91; 05-08-2019 at 07:08 AM..
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:50 PM   #1954

From URA property market info

where did you get this information from?
1993newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:41 PM   #1955

I donít think you can earn 400k from flipping EC (not for Piermont) actually not even for the better new launch PC, 400k for flipping BTO are also outliers maybe those purchased at premium locations and with view etc. A closer bet is 200k for value buys, sure profit projects are perhaps those PC priced closer to EC price, maybe riverfront, treasures?
HDB quantum lower. Buy 350k can sell 550k to earn 200k. Cannot 200k minimally also 100k.

EC buy 1.2m to 1.5m cannot even earn 400k by selling at ~$1.5k psf? Quite sad on a yield perspective leh. This not even talking about the higher interest. Why people still want to talk like PG is so worth as a project leh?

Of course if it is for a different kind of lifestyle I understand lah. Especially if don't need to slave for the property on weekdays and only fight for the facilities usage on weekends with everyone else.

Personally this is one reason I didn't buy. Cuz I too incapable to have sufficient cash to afford comfortably.

Last edited by momoeagle; 04-08-2019 at 10:44 PM..
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:53 PM   #1956

HDB quantum lower. Buy 350k can sell 550k to earn 200k. Cannot 200k minimally also 100k.

EC buy 1.2m to 1.5m cannot even earn 400k by selling at ~$1.5k psf? Quite sad on a yield perspective leh. This not even talking about the higher interest. Why people still want to talk like PG is so worth as a project leh?

Of course if it is for a different kind of lifestyle I understand lah. Especially if don't need to slave for the property on weekdays and only fight for the facilities usage on weekends with everyone else.

Personally this is one reason I didn't buy. Cuz I too incapable to have sufficient cash to afford comfortably.
Not all HDB buy 350k can sell 550k, I think it depends on location and other factors. Even 100k I would think it must have those good pull factors. There are no shortage in supply of BTOs and newer BTOs are getting better too.

There are HDB buy 350k 10 years later is still 350k or lower. I think itís the same for P.C., it must have the host of pull factors.

But for those HDB w a host of pull factors, their gain is usually more than 200k cos of the grants thrown in. I think same for P.C., if u get a good buy.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #1957

Not all HDB buy 350k can sell 550k, I think it depends on location and other factors. Even 100k I would think it must have those good pull factors. There are no shortage in supply of BTOs and newer BTOs are getting better too.

There are HDB buy 350k 10 years later is still 350k or lower. I think itís the same for P.C., it must have the host of pull factors.

But for those HDB w a host of pull factors, their gain is usually more than 200k cos of the grants thrown in. I think same for P.C., if u get a good buy.
True. I used Fernvale as an example. I believed Punggol HDB also about the same. 100k from bto is very achievable. My sis Punggol 4 rm HDB went from 270k bto to selling at 400+k just a while ago.

There's a research somewhere that hdb resale prices peak somewhere between 10th to 15th year.

Based on this, you are still identifying that location is the main pull factor and I agree. But base on yield perspective, first timers seems better off to go for bto than for ec at current prices for the same or similar location. If the location has a lot of pull factors, HDB purchase will give them a good first pot of gold with a lower quantum and much lesser stress.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:08 PM   #1958

True. I used Fernvale as an example. I believed Punggol HDB also about the same. 100k from bto is very achievable. My sis Punggol 4 rm HDB went from 270k bto to selling at 400+k just a while ago.

There's a research somewhere that hdb resale prices peak somewhere between 10th to 15th year.

Based on this, you are still identifying that location is the main pull factor and I agree. But base on yield perspective, first timers seems better off to go for bto than for ec at current prices for the same or similar location. If the location has a lot of pull factors, HDB purchase will give them a good first pot of gold with a lower quantum and much lesser stress.
Yes agreed on the last part.

Just that the point is, if they buy a HDB at a more premier location like Kallang/Whampoa/Boonkeng the profit margin and probability of profit is much higher than less popular area. Thus, the higher amount of subscription to such areas.

There are a lot of new BTO in Punggol, SK, thus I would think that the resale price would somewhat be more subdued.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:21 PM   #1959

Yes agreed on the last part.

Just that the point is, if they buy a HDB at a more premier location like Kallang/Whampoa/Boonkeng the profit margin and probability of profit is much higher than less popular area. Thus, the higher amount of subscription to such areas.

There are a lot of new BTO in Punggol, SK, thus I would think that the resale price would somewhat be more subdued.
My info on the resale prices was based on confirmed transactions.

So even based on subdued resale price, can still profit 100k. Not bad mah.

300k to profit 100k vs 1.2m to profit 200k.

Must really love condo living a lot and utilise the condo facilities to a maximum to be worthwhile.

Or... my main reason for consideration for an EC is a much larger place than my current 5 rm flat. But... I too incapable to afford the quantum for the bigger place for now.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:08 AM   #1960

Since there's mention about comparison with HDB BTOs, this article might be good reference for resale prices of HDB listed by town. Some may surprise you:
https://sbr.com.sg/residential-prope...ped-03-in-q1-0

As for potential gains, have to note that HDB does take into account the popularity of launches like say in whampoa, so they are usually priced at a premium too.

Reference to recent launch in May:
https://esales.hdb.gov.sg/bp25/launc...96/about0.html
frigatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:38 AM   #1961

If eligible for HDB bto, then no brainer lah. Those income between 12k to 14k how? Their next better choice is EC. If today bto ceiling also 14k, then good luck to Samsung ec project.

If earn below 12k and prefer EC could be cannot get queue number for bto for good location. 1 thing strange is fernvale area bto always not oversubscribed one, so pretty easy to get queue number lah. Not sure y not popular even though bto price is cheap and sure can profit 100k to 200k easily. But usually bto and EC are for long term stay so buyers wanted better location bah
momoeagle and sgpropertyblog like this.

Last edited by birmingham123; 05-08-2019 at 12:45 AM..
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:48 AM   #1962

If eligible for HDB bto, then no brainer lah. Those income between 12k to 14k how? Their next better choice is EC. If today bto ceiling also 14k, then good luck to Samsung ec project.

If earn below 12k and prefer EC could be cannot get queue number for bto for good location. 1 thing strange is fernvale area bto always not oversubscribed one, so pretty easy to get queue number lah. Not sure y not popular even though bto price is cheap and sure can profit 100k to 200k easily. But usually bto and EC are for long term stay so buyers wanted better location bah
Ah... I forgot to include income level in my consideration. Nice!
Old 05-08-2019, 07:21 AM   #1963

Many buy BMW/ ECs / private properties for better lifestyle.
And the potential higher gain in the later too.
Many chiong the better BTOs when basically all flats are livable.

Don't assume simply they slave over them.
Many do not feel the $stress$.
And life is short.
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:17 AM   #1964

probably cos Fernvale public transport not so conveninent? I have tough time trying to rent out units in Fernvale even though its newly MOP and asking price is reasonable.. and the resale prices for newly MOP units are also quite low compared to other areas of Sengkang / Punggol..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #1965
Master Member

Many buy BMW/ ECs / private properties for better lifestyle.
And the potential higher gain in the later too.
Many chiong the better BTOs when basically all flats are livable.

Don't assume simply they slave over them.
Many do not feel the $stress$.
And life is short.

Cars and Private housing yes. Many can just buy easily

EC got income limit leh, household income somemore, unless got big wads of cash lying around
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.