HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree578Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2019, 10:40 PM   #2056

Parc Centro and Piermont grand is not a fair comparison.
Reason being Parc Centro is a PC, PG is an EC.
Parc Centro is 3 mins to Punggol MRT; PG I think 13 mins to MRT?

But, if we were comparing both, Parc Centro seems the better buy and it was completed in 2016. In 10 years time; doubt Parc Centro will be 13xx psf if Sumang Walk is 13xx psf, since it is better located, and you canít really take the EC title away even after it is privatised.

Parc Centro is now $11XX psf on average.

Some say EC will catch up with PC but now no? You say 7 years diff is huge diff but now no diff?

Idk, you have confused me. Once upon a time say Piermont good buy now flip here flip there
hardyzoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 10:43 PM   #2057

Once sengkang Grand is up, I may push up prices surrounding too.
Yes, you may "push up prices".

Last edited by hardyzoner; 13-08-2019 at 10:48 PM..
Old 13-08-2019, 10:45 PM   #2058

The truth is youíll definitely earn from properties la. 1 dollar also consider earning. But how much are u looking at in e first place!
sgpropertyblog likes this.
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #2059

Parc Centro is now $11XX psf on average.

Some say EC will catch up with PC but now no? You say 7 years diff is huge diff but now no diff?

Idk, you have confused me. Once upon a time say Piermont good buy now flip here flip there
I said if we compare sumang walk EC to resale MOP EC at the same price, Sumang is the better buy. Indeed, 7 years is a long time but Parc Centro and Sumang is not a like to like comparison. Anyway itís not 11xx psf too, itís closer to 13xx psf.

Everywhere is a good buy if one have holding power, itís pointed out long term can earn just how much one is looking for. Donít be too greedy though.

Last edited by Passerboy; 13-08-2019 at 11:03 PM..
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 11:05 PM   #2060

Anyway itís not 11xx psf too, itís closer to 13xx psf.
Thats for 1 bedder, and very few transactions.
Old 13-08-2019, 11:11 PM   #2061

i would be cautiously optimistic but stop short for a bull call for parc centro. the land price of parc centro and sumang is very different to begin with. they both started from very different benchmarks. not forgetting the tenor of the projects would be vastly different.

however, i agree that pricing for parc centro should be able to form a support at the current levels
Personally, I think the land price means little for resale.
I think land price matters a lot more for new launches.
momoeagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #2062

If you take into account factors like this is the only EC launch, of coz the the sale figures is considered bad due to the high pricing. But if you purely look at sales volume, this ec sale figures is much better than some of the EC launches in the past which are sold out before the top date. In short, Samsung ec will be sold out too in 1-2years based on historical data. I dun think all the buyers are stupid bah.. maybe just too rich..
I think we have to compare with the market at the point in time.

In this case, it just means that the market is not as bad as the bad sales ECs that you mentioned, but not as good as it should be because of high pricing.
Old 13-08-2019, 11:15 PM   #2063

Parc Centro and Piermont grand is not a fair comparison.
Reason being Parc Centro is a PC, PG is an EC.
Parc Centro is 3 mins to Punggol MRT; PG I think 13 mins to MRT?

But, if we were comparing both, Parc Centro seems the better buy and it was completed in 2016. In 10 years time; doubt Parc Centro will be 13xx psf if Sumang Walk is 13xx psf, since it is better located, and you canít really take the EC title away even after it is privatised.
Which then means in your opinion, that Sumang is not as good a buy as Parc Centros because Parc Centros will likely more gain.
hardyzoner likes this.
Old 13-08-2019, 11:19 PM   #2064

good observation. my personal view for own stay would be parc centros. layout is functional, but as most 2016 TOP properties are...the balcony is huge.

i'm not sure if there is still room to run for pricing or if it will even reach $13xx given how much it has rallied. But, never say never.
I personally think Sumang is priced high high to make nearby Buangkok high price PC look relatively cheaper to drive sales. Price is always relative.

Don't forget that these two are from the same developer.
hardyzoner and sgpropertyblog like this.
Old 14-08-2019, 01:26 AM   #2065
SBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any drop out units these 2 weeks?
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #2066

I think we have to compare with the market at the point in time.

In this case, it just means that the market is not as bad as the bad sales ECs that you mentioned, but not as good as it should be because of high pricing.
Reminds me of the tampines trillant launch way back more than 5years ago. Average psf for that project should be around 800psf. Sales is quite slow and I was hesitant to buy it as I believe that EC price was on the high side and I was waiting for a discount as I thought that the sales was quite bad for that project. I was wrong as units was selling month on month and eventually it got sold out. I then purchase a sales of balance flat from HDB and I thought it was a good buy not realising that sales of balance flat was marked up quite alot from the bto pricing. Fast forward now, I believe tampines trillant appreciate more than my current HDB..

I will think that this time sumsung ec will sell out even faster than trillant but dun think the price will appreciate much in time to come. probably a good buy to stay but not a good buy to sell for a profit in time to come

Last edited by birmingham123; 14-08-2019 at 07:05 AM..
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #2067

One PC TOP in 2016 & another one EC TOP in 2023?
Comparing Fuji apple with Sunkist orange?

Almost all who bought new launches in 2012 definitely had 'good buy' compared with 2019 'good buy'.

Last edited by Merg91; 14-08-2019 at 07:31 AM..
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #2068

Reminds me of the tampines trillant launch way back more than 5years ago. Average psf for that project should be around 800psf. Sales is quite slow and I was hesitant to buy it as I believe that EC price was on the high side and I was waiting for a discount as I thought that the sales was quite bad for that project. I was wrong as units was selling month on month and eventually it got sold out. I then purchase a sales of balance flat from HDB and I thought it was a good buy not realising that sales of balance flat was marked up quite alot from the bto pricing. Fast forward now, I believe tampines trillant appreciate more than my current HDB..

I will think that this time sumsung ec will sell out even faster than trillant but dun think the price will appreciate much in time to come. probably a good buy to stay but not a good buy to sell for a profit in time to come
Hmmn. As much as I understand what you are saying; its also "dangerous" to think this way because it may create a FOMO mentality in which you may rush in to buy a property that is on the high side now then regret it.

I have a colleague who was in your position. Was waiting and waiting for prices to drop then he followed his gut and waited it out, in the end the prices were to high so he "compromised" and bought a resale and then now rues the chance of making more profit if he bought the condo.

I would think that this is still a valuable lesson for oneself to stick to your guns.

I believe recession is down the corner and i think its gonna be a matter of time before prices tank and it will be a beautiful opportunity to pick something nice up.
hbms1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 08:16 AM   #2069

I know, you will show selected historical data that new launch all sold for profit. And selected resales sold for no profit.
nope, there's more to it.. no point showing something that everyone can easily find online themselves...
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 08:18 AM   #2070

Not sure about you, but for my time was HDB vs Esparina, 325k vs 700k purchase.

Given my financial capability at that point in time, while the monetary gain would be more, the percentage gain is less, and is even lesser if compared to the extra loan that I would have taken. And would even be lesser if I included other components like what I did with the extra cash. I actually benefitted a lot more from not going with the EC as first timer.

Next, have to consider this... You only truly earn if you sell it and get something similar for a lower price. If I were to get an EC back then, we wouldn't even be able to consider the EC now by selling the HDB at a profit. EC holders either have to buy another private property (pay just as high) or buy a resale (help bto buyers earn) if they sell.

Which means... you can hold a million dollar property, but it doesn't mean you will be able to really truly "earn".
hbms1969 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.