New EC at Sumang Walk

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am sure the percentage of population living in HDB is closer to 80% or even lower now. And even though they are living hdb, they could be owning condos as well.

Do you think top 20% will be eyeing those condos in ulu areas, lol...

80% is still the overwhelming majority, and only about 4% of them also own a private property.

Even condos in ulu areas cost a bomb these days, top 20-30% could mean that you are at the bottom of the range and you only make 6k a month, thats not enough for condo in CCR.

Proof:

https://www.tablebuilder.singstat.gov.sg/publicfacing/createSpecialTable.action?refId=15744

Most HDB dwellers make median income or less, the gap between 5rm flat dwellers and private property dweller is huge (3.3k vs 6.9k). This is why private properties cost so much more than HDB flats, there is a very big income disparity between the 2.

Last edited:

Clazav

Reaction score
And there are also those who are not supposed to afford a condo yet having a condo. So all in all, about 70-80% still can manage hdb only.

I am sure the percentage of population living in HDB is closer to 80% or even lower now. And even though they are living hdb, they could be owning condos as well.

Do you think top 20% will be eyeing those condos in ulu areas, lol...

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
And there are also those who are not supposed to afford a condo yet having a condo. So all in all, about 70-80% still can manage hdb only.

Good point. Unfortunately agents will convince buyers of all kinds that they can afford condo.

Like selling hdb and buy 2 condos. Earn $3k and can afford condo. May be true though, but they will have to sacrifice other luxuries in life.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Good point. Unfortunately agents will convince buyers of all kinds that they can afford condo.

Like selling hdb and buy 2 condos. Earn $3k and can afford condo. May be true though, but they will have to sacrifice other luxuries in life.
Stay condo more important. Other luxuries can wait..

Just like saving sex for old age.

Clazav

Reaction score
Yeah like minded..
So it is about the comfort level of owning private rather whether can afford private or not.

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah like minded..
So it is about the comfort level of owning private rather whether can afford private or not.

Its all about different perspectives

Some see a house as just a roof over the heads

Some see as an investment tool to appreciate and grow more than inflation.

I’d rather stay in a landed and drive a toyota and eat simple. Whereas some people prefer to stay in hdb and drive merc and eat at jap restaurants

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

its not matter of convincing, but rather educating... unlike my grand parents or parent's time, house is just a roof over our head.. those grandparents that are into property investment back then, would have seen different lifestyle for themselves or their kids now..

if your salary is only $3k, chances are owning a condo is very low unless you have a lot of CPF / cash ..same for sell 1 buy 2, its depending on how strong their finances are .. if their finances doesnt allow, then no matter how we convince oso will never succeed.. but with proper planning, I believe all is doable..

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
its not matter of convincing, but rather educating... unlike my grand parents or parent's time, house is just a roof over our head.. those grandparents that are into property investment back then, would have seen different lifestyle for themselves or their kids now..

if your salary is only $3k, chances are owning a condo is very low unless you have a lot of CPF / cash ..same for sell 1 buy 2, its depending on how strong their finances are .. if their finances doesnt allow, then no matter how we convince oso will never succeed.. but with proper planning, I believe all is doable..

This line is very dangerous. You never know how far some agents will go to just convince client to close deal, even if it means pushing them down a blackhole.

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
oohh... I tot u are boy..

he/she can be whoever he/she decide to be on that day itself, does not matter cause some of his/her points are still valid

This line is very dangerous. You never know how far some agents will go to just convince client to close deal, even if it means pushing them down a blackhole.

Yes, there are agents out there that will do what they can to earn the commission, making sure the owners pay everything for their housing loan and nothing else

Ytd some agent come knock on my door cause my estate going to MOP, tried to push Treasures when we said we prolly gian the Parc Canberra, cause commission higher? Tried to dissuade us from going for Parc by saying got resale levy and stuff when the Treasures he was pushing was going to cost more anyway all else included

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

Well, I can’t speak for other agents.. but I won’t.. upgrading is supposed to be done within client’s means without stress.. if it’s gona be stressful for them , then I think upgrading in not suitable for them..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
he/she can be whoever he/she decide to be on that day itself, does not matter cause some of his/her points are still valid

Yes, there are agents out there that will do what they can to earn the commission, making sure the owners pay everything for their housing loan and nothing else

Ytd some agent come knock on my door cause my estate going to MOP, tried to push Treasures when we said we prolly gian the Parc Canberra, cause commission higher? Tried to dissuade us from going for Parc by saying got resale levy and stuff when the Treasures he was pushing was going to cost more anyway all else included

Well, I don’t blame them as it’s their rice bowl.. anyway, we r here to assist and not to enforce our opinion on client.. if client insist on certain product, all we can do is to highlight the pros and cons.. ultimately, it’s still up to the buyer to decide ..

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe cross 1200psf given the sentiment as well as help the other ec that is launching soon.

Yup, probably to help parc canberra. :s13: In this tough market condition, redas has arranged for all developers to help one another out. One price higher so the other can sell.

Kingsmen

Reaction score
Yup, probably to help parc canberra. :s13: In this tough market condition, redas has arranged for all developers to help one another out. One price higher so the other can sell.
Told by my agent that the price at piermont not going to increase.
Think the latest CNA report of poor sentiment, many ppl is back on the waiting benches.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.