HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree677Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2019, 02:18 PM   #2221

Like iíve mentioned many times before, i always do financial calculation and safety net for my clients.. in case , they lose their jobs( touch wood), they still got safety net to service their loan until they get another job.. and not only abt affordability.. those who never have safety net / holding power, when they lose their job, they will be forced to Ďsell houseí, Ďsell carí etc..
I believe you.
What to say leh... You different from the few other agents I met before.
👍 👍 👍
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #2222

Dunno about you, but I can share on myself.

I wake at my own time no need alarm 80% of the time, sleep at my own time. When I choose to work, I work, when I choose not to work, I laze. It doesn't mean idle.

When my parents need help with chores, I can go back and help anytime they need. No need MC, no need take annual leave because I don't have any.

Something like that lor. You can imagine liao.

But my laziness is why I cannot afford condo also.
Actually, your lifestyle is my current lifestyle with a job haha.. my working hours quite flexible and also able to work from home. Yes, I am a lazy person too. Thus, I feel quite wasted not to work until 60 if my current job so relax and also able to spend few hours of my time in office catching up with colleagues
momoeagle likes this.
birmingham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 03:16 PM   #2223

Just touch on original topic without derailing too far

This EC too remote and not cheap
Confirm skip
If the project can break even is already good for developer
Based on current sales data, developer will not be keen just to break even. I do think this project is quite profitable to the developers.
Old 19-08-2019, 03:24 PM   #2224
High Supremacy Member

Based on current sales data, developer will not be keen just to break even. I do think this project is quite profitable to the developers.
Good luck to them
Even better luck to this EC buyer
Old 19-08-2019, 03:39 PM   #2225

This is from edmw thread.

[QUOTE=StyL3-Ivan;122313771
]I'm working as HR and I am surprised many of my company abt to retire staff still want to continue working lor! 90% of them want to extend their contract and dont mind getting less pay & benefits.

They say better than at home do nothing. Once retired = no income. Money keep going out.
Polar Bear King likes this.
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 03:42 PM   #2226

Very few developers are desperate.
And many went through such periods before.

Oxley buibui is probably quite desperate though.
At least the stock market perceive so.
It borrowed the most.

Old 19-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #2227

Once retired = no income. Money keep going out.
This statement quite sad leh. If money enough, then not scared money going out.

Must be they never buy condo in the past, then now sell and downgrade and pocket few millions right?

So your moral of the story is must buy condo, got buy got huat, no buy no huat.

Huat ah!
Old 19-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #2228

Of course they omit saying about their saving & CPF, possibly stock dividends /rental.
It is obviously no work = no pay
Singapore govt should not be charitable as those Scandinavian nations.

Anyway very few would say the money is enough.
LiKaShing would pocket a HK$1 coin if he see one on the floor.

This statement quite sad leh. If money enough, then not scared money going out.
Old 19-08-2019, 07:48 PM   #2229

Of course they omit saying about their saving & CPF, possibly stock dividends /rental.
It is obviously no work = no pay
Singapore govt should not be charitable as those Scandinavian nations.

Anyway very few would say the money is enough.
LiKaShing would pocket a HK$1 coin if he see one on the floor.
Damn, I not really working

No wonder I so incapable, cannot buy Sumang.
Old 19-08-2019, 09:49 PM   #2230

Why would you think retire at 45 means no aim in life?

It's good to think of working till 60 though. But not working because you have a loan to pay.

I work because I want to, not because I need to.
agree too, many people just cannot picturing retirement at 45 even if they can afford to becos they have got nothing in their life except for work. Their life is progammed as such a "worker's life" who grinded day and night since their early days. You could also say their mentality is more of a "giver/saver" type , saving all resources and the best for their next generations/self security, placing less emphasis on self and never dared to pursue other things that makes them truely fulfilled, waiving it off as " aiyah, not practical, pay peanuts, not glamourous etc"

Hence without work they are at a lost with nothing much to fulfil, no social life, no subordinates to self brag to, hence going back to their jobs for a sense of self-worth.

On the other hand, those people who make such far-sight and enduring plans to retire early are highly likely to probably have also made plans for their bucket list to tick off upon retirement.

As you have said, Do what whatever they want without have to worry about money, and work not for the sake of money, they would even work for free so long they like what they are doing.
grenoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 11:05 PM   #2231

Itís e same when ppl go overseas cannot do nth one, must have smth to do. Retire if got money is good, no money cannot must work. So thereís this cognitive dissonance going on where old ppl angsty, donít wanna work but must work to survive. So old gen all unhappy except for e rich, pretty sure the poor seniors are minorities, surely Govt has the stats.
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 12:30 AM   #2232

agree too, many people just cannot picturing retirement at 45 even if they can afford to becos they have got nothing in their life except for work. Their life is progammed as such a "worker's life" who grinded day and night since their early days. You could also say their mentality is more of a "giver/saver" type , saving all resources and the best for their next generations/self security, placing less emphasis on self and never dared to pursue other things that makes them truely fulfilled, waiving it off as " aiyah, not practical, pay peanuts, not glamourous etc"

Hence without work they are at a lost with nothing much to fulfil, no social life, no subordinates to self brag to, hence going back to their jobs for a sense of self-worth.

On the other hand, those people who make such far-sight and enduring plans to retire early are highly likely to probably have also made plans for their bucket list to tick off upon retirement.

As you have said, Do what whatever they want without have to worry about money, and work not for the sake of money, they would even work for free so long they like what they are doing.
My kid will in secondary school when I am 45 and having his own life. I dunno what else to enjoy at that point of time if not working ? Play video/computer games all day long ?
Old 20-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #2233

My kid will in secondary school when I am 45 and having his own life. I dunno what else to enjoy at that point of time if not working ? Play video/computer games all day long ?
spot on.... need i say more ?
grenoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #2234

How about catching up w friends, spend quality time w parents, travel, learning something that you always wish to pick up but didnt hav the spare time etc etc.? Cant be kids and work r the only "enjoyable" stuffs in your life?

Taniban likes this.
Path-Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #2235

Most of these can be done at weekends /on leaves when you are working.
It is a matter of time management.

Many may get excited initially with 'early retirement'
but for 20-40 years ?
Your friends /parents would avoid you for their own peaceful time.
Travelling can be very tiring & high expenses.

Many 'early retirement' is because they are not motivated to career-switch and in the wrong sectors.

How about catching up w friends, spend quality time w parents, travel, learning something that you always wish to pick up but didnt hav the spare time etc etc.? Cant be kids and work r the only "enjoyable" stuffs in your life?

Last edited by Merg91; 20-08-2019 at 12:17 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.