Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree701Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2019, 08:52 PM   #2611

Some may say you are a CIA agent
No la. Cos I bought a PG unit.
sgpropertyblog likes this.

Last edited by tomylwc; 20-09-2019 at 09:49 PM..
tomylwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #2612
Supremacy Member

Since you guys don't care about the Past Gudang air pollution, maybe the noise pollution from the ever increasing aircrafts at Seletar airport will make you care?
https://www.todayonline.com/commenta...-bad-it-really
Hyruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #2613

Since you guys don't care about the Past Gudang air pollution, maybe the noise pollution from the ever increasing aircrafts at Seletar airport will make you care?
Well, paya lebar airbase will be relocated in 2030.
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Old 20-09-2019, 10:08 PM   #2614
Supremacy Member

Seletar is nearer and will have higher volume of aircrafts in the future.
Hyruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 10:17 PM   #2615

Its the fly by of military aircrafts that will cause noise pollution to residential areas. Seletar airport caters to commercial aircrafts. The noise from taking off and landing will not affect residential areas. I know cos I stay in Punggol. Hyruga, do u stay in Punggol that's y u state these opinions? Or hearsay?

Last edited by tomylwc; 21-09-2019 at 06:35 AM..
Old 20-09-2019, 10:35 PM   #2616

Lots of land going to be freed up!
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 10:38 PM   #2617

Any facts on your message?
Kingsmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #2618

I am so concerned about air quality that I recently got a FFU for the office, and switched on 5 air purifiers at home due to the haze in addition to 3M electrostatic filters in the air cons.

Home PM2.5 typically around 12 or less even when it is above 50+ outside.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #2619

Its the fly by of military aircrafts that will cause noise pollution to residential areas. Seletar airport caters to commercial aircrafts. The noise from taking off and landing will not affect residential areas. I know cos I stay in Punggol. Hyruga, do u stay in Punggol that's y u state these opinions? Or hearsay?
Commercial aircrafts can be very noisy. I was 2 years in Changi camp last time, and when we do mission at Changi beach, it is super noisy, and jams up all the signals, when the low flying aircraft flys past.

Then again, seletar airport commercial aircrafts are small type, so not that bad.
Old 21-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #2620

Any facts on your message?
Thought ah gong say before.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...eletar-airport

Looking at the amount of investments in it, they are definitely building up and adding more flights over next couple of years.
Old 21-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #2621

Commercial aircrafts can be very noisy. I was 2 years in Changi camp last time, and when we do mission at Changi beach, it is super noisy, and jams up all the signals, when the low flying aircraft flys past.

Then again, seletar airport commercial aircrafts are small type, so not that bad.
Commercial aircrafts dont approach runway by flying low over residential areas. At Changi, the approach to land is over non residential areas eg. Over a beach

You can see in this link that the landing zones are nowhere near PG. http://yeokhengmeng.com/2019/06/notes-on-flying-in-wssl-and-sg-training-area/

Last edited by tomylwc; 21-09-2019 at 02:17 PM..
Old 21-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #2622

Commercial aircrafts dont approach runway by flying low over residential areas. At Changi, the approach to land is over non residential areas eg. Over a beach

You can see in this link that the landing zones are nowhere near PG. http://yeokhengmeng.com/2019/06/notes-on-flying-in-wssl-and-sg-training-area/
Makes sense. 👍

But even if there is, it's the least of concerns for me unless super unbearable kind.

One more thing I'm more concerned with is the developments aren't complete. I don't know about the speed and timeline of the developments.

With so many construction workers due to the growth of the digital district, I'm more worried for my kids who may or may not be venturing out alone by then. To be fair though, this also applies for all new and developing estates.

That, along with Pasir Gudang, was what made me decided not to continue with balloting.

I'm really a kiasi and superstitious person, to the extent I rather pay more at times.
Old 21-09-2019, 10:34 PM   #2623

Makes sense. 👍

But even if there is, it's the least of concerns for me unless super unbearable kind.

One more thing I'm more concerned with is the developments aren't complete. I don't know about the speed and timeline of the developments.

With so many construction workers due to the growth of the digital district, I'm more worried for my kids who may or may not be venturing out alone by then. To be fair though, this also applies for all new and developing estates.

That, along with Pasir Gudang, was what made me decided not to continue with balloting.

I'm really a kiasi and superstitious person, to the extent I rather pay more at times.
Pasir Gudang issue, the msia govt is taking it seriously but then we never know. In comparison, this haze is alot worst than when the pasir gudang chemical spill.
Old 21-09-2019, 10:50 PM   #2624

Pasir Gudang toxic gases can kill in minutes if not make you sick /hospitalised.

Indonesia haze is like chain smoking. Nobody dies but slowly.......
Merg91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 11:27 PM   #2625

Pasir Gudang issue, the msia govt is taking it seriously but then we never know. In comparison, this haze is alot worst than when the pasir gudang chemical spill.
Even haze I also super kiasi.
5 air purifiers at home in different rooms, 2 at in laws place, 3 different air cons with 3M filtere. Office with 1 FFU and 1 air purifier.

Considering one more FFU for in laws place because their place is real big.

My nose super sensitive one. Can run marathon. So need some external protection. And especially with babies around, I kiasi
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.