HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree780Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #2851

Buy for the need, not for the greed.
If Qbay/arc/waterview etc increased its PSF in the future, where are you going to stay next ? Other properties will all increase in value as well.

I don't know whether 1.1 - 1.2k PSF will be the peak or not for ECs.. if you tell people 2 years ago EC will be priced at 1.1/1.2k psf, you will get a slap in the face, but the fact that it is happening.. no idea what will happen in the future

But my personal opinion is that this is the peak already for EC, not many first timers can afford to buy ECs unless government do something about it like change the MSR, to qualify for full loan you will need like at least 13-14k (CPF income), people who are on commission/self employed will have problems loaning, and not to mention the downpayment part.

Yes correct, with the increase in pricing, government has increase the income ceiling too! now is at $16k cap.. otherwise all the units no one can afford unless they are cash / cpf rich ..
Old 26-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #2852

yes, even after 10-20 yrs, an EC will always be an EC.. finishing wise, will pretty much depend on the developer, not all EC is below par as compared to condo.. for example, Esparina Residences finishing is quite good.. oni thing is they dont hv basement carpark.. others like china developer, erm, no comment la.. but for the fraction of the price that you pay as compared to private condo, its pretty justifiable rite? thats why the newer ECs are slightly better in term of quality as compared to older EC cos of the increase in pricing..
Not really a fraction of the price though. I would say it's a marginally lower price but at a worse location. I agree quality of EC has improved but there is a difference in quality from PC. So I guess whether or not it's justifiable is up to the buyer. How much is the "difference" worth to them
sgpropertyblog likes this.
shadowex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 10:57 AM   #2853

Not really a fraction of the price though. I would say it's a marginally lower price but at a worse location. I agree quality of EC has improved but there is a difference in quality from PC. So I guess whether or not it's justifiable is up to the buyer. How much is the "difference" worth to them
Yup ultimately is the buyer that make tat call.. so its up to them .. location wise, yes its at not so ideal location.. if its good location, government oso wont release the land as EC, they would rather save it for PC.. oni a few ECs that are walking distance to MRT, and those as you know, prices definately not cheap.. Quality wise, gotta depend on developer lioa..
Old 29-06-2020, 08:35 PM   #2854

Can I check. Does PG gives discount to buyer?
Strikingjackpotsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 09:51 PM   #2855

Don’t think so. Still selling relatively well. Which stack you looking at?

Hello@90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:21 PM   #2856

Thumbs up

Nope, developer is not giving any discounts for this project as its selling very well.. so far almost 66% sold ady.. and is still selling everyday, in fact today itself 2 units is being reserved pending documentation. im from the dev sales team there.. let me know if you need further info
Old 30-06-2020, 02:22 PM   #2857

Why suddenly selling so well lehx? Better than Parc Canberra?

Nope, developer is not giving any discounts for this project as its selling very well.. so far almost 66% sold ady.. and is still selling everyday, in fact today itself 2 units is being reserved pending documentation. im from the dev sales team there.. let me know if you need further info
Old 07-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #2858

Why suddenly selling so well lehx? Better than Parc Canberra?
All this while PG selling not bad wan leh.. in fact, its one of the Top 10 best selling projects during CB..

anyway, prices will be increasing soon wef 20th July.. so those that are still considering, maybe you wana give it another thought before 20th..
Old 18-07-2020, 04:17 PM   #2859

Last 2 days of current pricing.. prices will be adjusted upwards wef 20th July onwards.. same goes for Tapestry.. 6 units (And counting )sold today..
Old 18-07-2020, 04:40 PM   #2860

Last 2 days of current pricing.. prices will be adjusted upwards wef 20th July onwards.. same goes for Tapestry.. 6 units (And counting )sold today..
Tell developer just increase today. Why let buyers buy at cheaper price this weekend??
holasingapura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2020, 06:29 PM   #2861

Yes correct, with the increase in pricing, government has increase the income ceiling too! now is at $16k cap.. otherwise all the units no one can afford unless they are cash / cpf rich ..
That's one of the many reasons why the vote swings in this election

Many younger voters are priced out of comfortable upgrading.
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 03:46 PM   #2862

Hi,
I'm HDB owner who is a silent and neutral reader in this thread.
However, would like to share my humble thought.
I collected national day goodies just now which consist 4 reusuable masks, 4 disposable masks, 2 tubes of hand sanitizer and thermometer. Frankly speaking, which country's government actually distribute reusuable mask to its residents FOC during covid outbreak?
Which gov actually heavily subsidize medical fees for respiratory illness and covid test to encourage its people to seek treatment earlier?

Of course we can keep the housing/rental price low when we stop imigrants, expatriate and investors to come to keep the housing price low like other 3rd world countries. So eventually we will face aging problem, lack of investors and return back to third world country with lower housing price.
When housing price is high, i think government did come out with cooling measures to curb bubbles?
Just my 2 cents worth of opinion as i'm grateful on what i have and appreciate what government has done so far.
carol0425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 12:13 PM   #2863

Did price really increase??
Strikingjackpotsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 02:45 PM   #2864

Everyone got smoked. Only increase i think 0.3% for each unit 😅😅😅

Did price really increase??
Old 22-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #2865
Great Supremacy Member

Everyone got smoked. Only increase i think 0.3% for each unit 😅😅😅
What’s the total % sold so far?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.