HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree606Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2019, 03:40 PM   #346

And these have gone up quite a bit compared with 2-3 years ago.
Cooling has not make them cheaper but suppresses further rise.

The new baseline price seems to show for city fringe projects (RCR) are about 16xx psf, CCR about 25xx psf upwards and OCR about 13xx upwards. EC prices are 11xx psf upwards(waiting to see the price at Sumang Link EC).
annetyu likes this.
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #347

this thread sidetracked so much.

Previously i recalled piermont grand targeted launch in 2 weeks. It's been a few weeks i think? no news of official showroom and ballot date yet?

Last edited by coolstrawberry; 10-07-2019 at 03:56 PM..
coolstrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #348
Banned

And these have gone up quite a bit compared with 2-3 years ago.
Cooling has not make them cheaper but suppresses further rise.
Why are you so impatient for discounts? Developers still have 3-4 years before time is up.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:00 PM   #349
Banned

this thread sidetracked so much.

Previously i recalled piermont grand targeted launch in 2 weeks. It's been a few weeks i think? no news of official showroom and ballot date yet?
One of the agents have posted the dates before. You can try digging through the thread or wait for sgpropertyblog to update again.

http://www.executivecondominium.sg/Piermont-Grand.html
Preview launch this weekend.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:44 PM   #350

Hi all, I'm very new and total noob on pte props. My hubby is looking at the sumang ec but I am very cold towards it.Not wantplay playto playanket when I don't even know anything, I would like to know if its worthy. Our main reason to purchase an EC is for stay. I won't say it's an "upgrade" per se because our current unit is comfortable (size). Only thing is that it's at low floor and the noise level sucks, it being near to the playground. Not condusive for my young kids. But location wise, we are near the new oasis mall / polyclinic which is convenient for my elderly parent. I hated it very much when an agent friend keeps pushing to us as an investment trying hard to sell us this idea when the EC market is no longer lucrative (and our main aim is for stay). We are noob but not dumb.

Another qn is, does developer disc exist in EC? I read somewhere in this thread. Thing is this agent keep showing us the carrot and yet flipping. Though I'm not keen, I would love to collect ammo to kill him once and for all. Thanks in advance
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Sinnerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #351

There isn't any "developer discount" for new launches. More like "launch day price" which is usually the cheapest, something like "additional discount" on ballot day.

Based on past few EC launches, most likely most units will be sold out.

If you own a property (taken grant/bto), you will have to pay resale levy on top of the launch price as well. The good thing is you get to stay in your HDB (don't have to sell) before moving to the EC
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:05 PM   #352

Hi all, I'm very new and total noob on pte props. My hubby is looking at the sumang ec but I am very cold towards it.Not wantplay playto playanket when I don't even know anything, I would like to know if its worthy. Our main reason to purchase an EC is for stay. I won't say it's an "upgrade" per se because our current unit is comfortable (size). Only thing is that it's at low floor and the noise level sucks, it being near to the playground. Not condusive for my young kids. But location wise, we are near the new oasis mall / polyclinic which is convenient for my elderly parent. I hated it very much when an agent friend keeps pushing to us as an investment trying hard to sell us this idea when the EC market is no longer lucrative (and our main aim is for stay). We are noob but not dumb.

Another qn is, does developer disc exist in EC? I read somewhere in this thread. Thing is this agent keep showing us the carrot and yet flipping. Though I'm not keen, I would love to collect ammo to kill him once and for all. Thanks in advance
I would avoid an agent that hard sell. If it is for own stay, buy only if you are comfortable with the location and project.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #353

There isn't any "developer discount" for new launches. More like "launch day price" which is usually the cheapest, something like "additional discount" on ballot day.

Based on past few EC launches, most likely most units will be sold out.

If you own a property (taken grant/bto), you will have to pay resale levy on top of the launch price as well. The good thing is you get to stay in your HDB (don't have to sell) before moving to the EC
This is the only EC launched this year thus response will likely be good.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:19 PM   #354

I will highlight two points.

1) Don’t overstretch beyond ur financial capabilities to upgrade. A jump from 300-400k BTO to 1m EC is a huge commitment.

2) I agree with anetyu that resale market offers better value, and personally I think the new launch market is going south in 1-2 years time when developers have to start offering discount to clear stock to minimize QC.

Personal take only
annetyu likes this.
skizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:19 PM   #355

If I were the developer, I would release 1/3 of all units and see.......
'Discount'?

This EC developer banged its forehead until bruises /脑出血...
https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...in-seven-hours
Old 10-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #356

Will ECs get cheaper if they wait?

Don’t overstretch beyond ur financial capabilities to upgrade. A jump from 300-400k BTO to 1m EC is a huge commitment.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:30 PM   #357

Will ECs get cheaper if they wait?
My guess only.

EC New launch price is unlikely to go down for the next 1-2 years.
Condo new launch price is likely to stagnate or go down in next 1-2 years.

My recommendation is still PC private condo resale. But of coz gotta do a lot of work if one wanna get PC resale.

To me, if ur paying 1.1k psf for punggol EC not near MRT, might as well pay more for sth at a better location. Or maybe ll get to pay similar amount for sth with better location.
skizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:43 PM   #358

Smile

One of the agents have posted the dates before. You can try digging through the thread or wait for sgpropertyblog to update again.

http://www.executivecondominium.sg/Piermont-Grand.html
Preview launch this weekend.
Showflat opening this Friday, 12th July until 22nd July..

Price release date 25th July..

Balloting 27th July..
annetyu likes this.
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:51 PM   #359

Usually for the first day of launch, developer will offer more discounts for ‘early birds’.. the most recent launch, Sky Everton,on the first day of launch, got extra ~ 2% discounts.. Parc Komo, the price went up around $20K ( for selected types) less than 1 mth after launch..

* Buy early at cheaper price & more units to select from..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:48 PM   #360
Supremacy Member

Good product will sell. Lousy product will not sell even with discount.

Don't assume just because got 'oversupply' means developer will give discount. Maybe for lousy project yes.

This EC will sell out for sure no doubts.
Forever84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.