HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree701Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 09:49 PM   #436
Banned

Suman will sell well lah... Got other choices for brand new condo at $1150? Over price or not up to individual. For me yes, up too fast the price.
Yup, thats why I say 60% on launch day. But who knows we may be wrong?
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #437

When many good HDBs are easily $1 million & new condo starts from $1500......

Hot sale!

NB I am a City Dev shareholder.

For fruitful discussion.

Base on the stats of other EC land bids and surrounding resale projects value, with the fact that it is a new EC from a reputable developer and if it launches at 11xx psf, it’s not overpriced. I think the take up rate would be high.

Let’s see.

I’m just interested in analysing, thus my comments.
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:57 PM   #438

To bring back the topic to sumang ec... @sgpropertyblog, what are you thoughts on the above. I would also like sumang buyers to have some real justification when making this tough decision 2 weeks later.

You have avoided the question. Don't be like others who lose shamefully and change to ridiculous topics.
Honestly, you are not wrong in comparing the above example.
SK resale condo 10xxpsf compared to sumang EC at 1130psf. Sounds like a no brainer.
Take for instance, let’s go back to terrasse, the project u highly recommended and is transacting only at 10xxpsf to 11xxpsf.
In any aspect, terrasse seems to be a much better buy than sumang EC.
Terrasse is also near the upcoming mrt.

But do u notice that every time when u bring up terrasse, I will counter your argument not because your recommendation is flawed, but I’m also looking at the transaction volume that took place for terrasse.
What worries me is for the past 7 months, terrasse only see 4 transaction. This speaks clearly the lack of demand there even though the new cross island mrt line announcement was made quite some times back.
Terrasse May have reached its highest potential and technically, for those who knows that location well, there’s basically nothing fantastic there.
On the other hand, what shocked me is prive EC resale is transacting a total of 128 units in 2018 (average 9xx to 1kpsf) and is one of EC with highest transaction volume. This also tells me there’s demand in Punggol and probably a lot of buyers are also positive about the upcoming transformation in Punggol.
It is not one person’s view or judgement that matters, it’s the whole buying sentiments that matters.

All in all, what I want to say is sometimes buying property does not always have a logical explanation behind.
If there’s poor buying interest for that district or area, no matter how cheap it is, there is still no demand.
That is why u will notice that I always like to look at transaction volume as one of the guiding principle when buying property because it will give me hints whether I will have an easy or hard time selling my unit in future.
sgpropertyblog likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 11-07-2019 at 10:11 PM..
NiShiZhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:58 PM   #439
Master Member

You are hopeless. At least mergui stayed on the line of property even though he does not have any strong case like you.

My character can't be as bad as yours. Look at what trouble you started again after I kindly answer your 2 questions. Btw my stand is and has always been firm. Launch at $1,130psf, 60%sold on launch and no discount given.

Who have I offended and have I displayed bad behavior today? I have "behaved" and am very respectful today..

Good that you know the difference between on and offline. I may not even be a woman or old auntie for all you know. One thing I can tell you is that, when offline, I do not even take a second glance at ppl like you. I have lots of time today and tmr. Feel free to continue if you like...
U have continue to be a very rude person. Over the past 2 months, I have many times wanted to scold u, but was too busy with work.

Today very free. Clear leave. Stay at home watch my hk serial.

I told myself many times i have to rebuke your rude antics and behaviour and thus today's episode.

Say what u want annetyu. But u are put in notice to behave urself. I remind u again. Be respectful to others here and dun be sarcastic.

I am watching u.

Enough for the day.

I wun be replying anymore.

And i dun care who u are in real life.
captain huat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #440
Banned

When many good HDBs are easily $1 million & new condo starts from $1500......

Hot sale!

NB I am a City Dev shareholder.
I am city dev, keppel corp and capitaland shareholder too but I know shareprice are hardly affected by performance of these properties. These few days it all about mr trump and interest rates.

And as usual, your statements are.... Fact is HDB prices are falling, new condo starts much lower than $1500psf..
Old 11-07-2019, 10:02 PM   #441

That's an 'experience'.
And you didn't pick up any underpriced units?

From my numerous experiences,..... .
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:07 PM   #442
Banned

SK resale condo 10xxpsf compared to sumang EC at 1130psf. Sounds like a no brainer.
Take for instance, letís go back to terrasse, the project u highly recommended and is transacting only at 10xxpsf to 11xxpsf.

But do u notice that every time when u bring up terrasse, I will counter your argument not because your recommendation is flawed, but Iím also looking at the transaction volume that took place for terrasse.
What worries me is for the past 7 months, terrasse only see 4 transaction. This speaks clearly the lack of demand there even though the new cross island line announcement was made quite some times back.
On the other hand, what shocked me is prive is transacting 128 units in 2018 (average 9xx to 1kpsf) and is one of EC with highest transaction volume. This also tells me thereís demand in Punggol.

All in all, what I want to say is sometimes buying property does not always have a logical explanation behind.
If thereís poor buying interest for that district or area, no matter how cheap it is, there is still no demand.
That is why u will notice that I always like to look at transaction volume as one of the guiding principle when buying property because it will give me hints whether I will have an easy or hard time to sell my unit in future.
Your are right, "sometimes buying property does not always have a logical explanation behind."

Transaction volume has always been lower as property ages, no surprises. Only new launches, just topped, MOPed or beside mrt development will see high volume.

Terrassee, luxurie and the likes are my "hidden gems". Up to any to heed my advice. I am kind enough to share. Of course I keep a couple of secret gems only for myself..
Old 11-07-2019, 10:07 PM   #443

Take for instance, letís go back to terrasse, the project u highly recommended and is transacting only at 10xxpsf to 11xxpsf.

But do u notice that every time when u bring up terrasse, I will counter your argument not because your recommendation is flawed, but Iím also looking at the transaction volume that took place for terrasse.
What worries me is for the past 7 months, terrasse only see 4 transaction. This speaks clearly the lack of demand there even though the new cross island line announcement was made some times back.
On the other hand, what shocked me is prive is transacting 128 units in 2018 (average 9xx to 1kpsf) and is one of EC with highest transaction volume. This also tells me thereís demand in Punggol.

If thereís poor buying interest for that district or area, no matter how cheap it is, there is still no demand.
That is why u will notice that I always like to look at transaction volume as one of the guiding principle when buying property because it will give me hints whether I will have an easy or hard time to sell my unit in future.
Terrase location is quite ulu (it is more suitable for someone who wants a quiet enclave), on the other hand central Punggol is buzzing with more activities. Demand in Punggol area compared to other outskirts seems higher, I took a hitch ride that day and an agent who was staying in woodlands told me that Punggol EC is expected to thrive; cos many newly weds favour that area.
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:15 PM   #444
Banned

That's an 'experience'.
And you didn't pick up any underpriced units?
I still have 2 good sized units after offloading kovan. 1 for stay, 1 for rental that is giving good monthly income. I am not really looking for anymore.

How about you? Did you pick up any?

The rest of my money I keep in gold and equities mainly. Today so busy with nonsense here, I missed the US market open news. Thankfully it is still on uptrend, tmr looking to offload 1 share for 15% gain after 3 months holding...
Old 11-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #445

Terrase location is quite ulu (it is more suitable for someone who wants a quiet enclave), on the other hand central Punggol is buzzing with more activities. Demand in Punggol area compared to other outskirts seems higher, I took a hitch ride that day and an agent who was staying in woodlands told me that Punggol EC is expected to thrive; cos many newly weds favour that area.
Like what I always said, property demand is not just about one person’s logical point of view or recommendation, it is about the mass/ground sentiments that drives the demand for certain district/area.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:18 PM   #446
Banned

Yes punggol is very lively with lots of amenities. However, I feel it is overcrowded and a little too far away from cbd. All depends on individual needs and wants... and buying power.

I suppose you dislike affinity and garden then?
Old 11-07-2019, 10:22 PM   #447

Yes punggol is very lively with lots of amenities. However, I feel it is overcrowded and a little too far away from cbd. All depends on individual needs and wants... and buying power.

I prefer somewhere more lively and central. But I agree that market prices depends on mass sentiments. It also depends on oneís affordability.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:23 PM   #448

I think yesterday he mentioned he is looking at Parc esta. Correct me if Iím wrong.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:24 PM   #449

I think yesterday he mentioned he is looking at Parc esta. Correct me if Iím wrong.
Yes bro. But if affordability wasnt a concern, I would have considered wallich residences. ok just a dream
Old 11-07-2019, 10:25 PM   #450

Thumbs up

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.