New EC at Sumang Walk

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you guys ever paid the site a visit? You did not smell the burning from Pasir Gudang? $1000 PSF for this EC? Really.... May god bless you.

Funny those ppl staying in West (not just Jurong) saying Punggol can smell toxic, while yourself have been smelling the stuff from Jurong island and bukom for at least 20 years.

Don’t be too critical about e area la, unless u ownself stay there you won’t know. And even if u think u do, there’s no way to validity your claim.

During my longer jogs for the past 10 years, it usually brings me around Punggol Settlement. Other than the most recent case, the air there doesn't feel different.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ern-about-pollution-pasir-gudang-5600292.html

I've also checked with NEA on multiple occasions and MP of Punggol (Ms. Sun Xueling) has also posted couple of times on Facebook about air quality (which is safe).

Nevertheless, there will still be people that will bash (refer to thread above).

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
During my longer jogs for the past 10 years, it usually brings me around Punggol Settlement. Other than the most recent case, the air there doesn't feel different.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ern-about-pollution-pasir-gudang-5600292.html

I've also checked with NEA on multiple occasions and MP of Punggol (Ms. Sun Xueling) has also posted couple of times on Facebook about air quality (which is safe).

Nevertheless, there will still be people that will bash (refer to thread above).

Second you on this. I jog around the Waterway Point average 3 times a week, both morning and late afternoon at times, and also don’t smell anything unusual.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Second you on this. I jog around the Waterway Point average 3 times a week, both morning and late afternoon at times, and also don’t smell anything unusual.

The people who bash it senselessly are hoping to inject fear; anticipating that could move the price downwards; but base on the turnout at the showflat, pricing would likely still be 11xx psf up.

During my time there on a Saturday evening weeks ago, I personally did not encounter anything unusual w the air quality. For any prospective buyer, it’s always better to make a trip there personally than to only take in the comments and opinion given.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The people who bash it senselessly are hoping to inject fear; anticipating that could move the price downwards; but base on the turnout at the showflat, pricing would likely still be 11xx psf up.

During my time there on a Saturday evening weeks ago, I personally did not encounter anything unusual w the air quality. For any prospective buyer, it’s always better to make a trip there personally than to only take in the comments and opinion given.

:s13: just a few posts and expect a market reaction? I don't even stay in Punggol but since I've jogged past there for the past decade, I'm just sharing the truth.

Frankly, I also had doubts about the market's reaction (towards Pasir Gudang when it comes to sea facing stacks) before the BTOs were launched but for the past 3 years, it is very conclusive that Pasir Gudang is never a concern for most people.

Besides, I do a lot of data analytics as a living and EVERY sea facing BTO (facing Pasir Gudang) is a total sold out.

Clazav

Reaction score
Yes, sea facing and balcony units are total sold up. Even high floor non balcony non sea facing are snapped up later. But the gurus here will say the youngsters are ignorant etc and think they are filtering the toxic for everyone here.

:s13: just a few posts and expect a market reaction? I don't even stay in Punggol but since I've jogged past there for the past decade, I'm just sharing the truth.

Frankly, I also had doubts about the market's reaction (towards Pasir Gudang when it comes to sea facing stacks) before the BTOs were launched but for the past 3 years, it is very conclusive that Pasir Gudang is never a concern for most people.

Besides, I do a lot of data analytics as a living and EVERY sea facing BTO (facing Pasir Gudang) is a total sold out.

frigatex

Reaction score
Been following this thread for a bit, thought perhaps I should share my views as someone who has stayed in punggol past 5 yrs. The chemical smell is real, not fear mongering. Thing is it's usually there late evening till early morning (after 9 till 7 or so). Whether you can tolerate it differs person to person, but it's definitely chemical (jurong's is considered mild, stayed in jurong west before this).

The industries from pasir gudang, you can actually see the flames from their furnace or whatever you call it early in the morning, lighting up the sky orange.

That said, punggol property seems more popular than expected these days, given the distance from city centre. Recently MOP and sold units all achieved rather high sale prices (there was even a near million sales of a loft unit).

azeris10

Reaction score

Of coz Punggol air isn’t an issue to most people ... until it becomes one due to some freak accident.

As a data guy you should understand people are concern due to lack of transparent data about air in Punggol besides Govt telling you the air is “ok”

Some people are doomsayers here when the risk is low but as a whole for sg there isn’t much else to worry ... no earthquake no tsunami. So people worry about air and seaview.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Why Jurong always e window black black when wipe ah? :s22:

And it’s not just limited to Jurong.

Bishan last time when exhume out e bodies in e cemetary, also have issues?

Like that Bidadari also :s22:

Everyone knows about this, there’s no need to repeat it like a broken record unless you have ulterior purpose.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of coz Punggol air isn’t an issue to most people ... until it becomes one due to some freak accident.

As a data guy you should understand people are concern due to lack of transparent data about air in Punggol besides Govt telling you the air is “ok”

Some people are doomsayers here when the risk is low but as a whole for sg there isn’t much else to worry ... no earthquake no tsunami. So people worry about air and seaview.
Seriously, I wish some external companies can monitor the air and water quality so that I can continue jogging pass there. Fact is, even if there is bad air, it'll be 6 months every year not 12.

Whole of SG is able to smell something in the air during the most recent forest fire from Malaysia. When Indonesia used to have frequent fires, it took like less than 6 hours to sweep from west to east.

Or maybe some environmental engineer can throw a few questions to the authorities for more data? Of course he or she must be professional enough to know what to ask.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.