HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree677Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #496

I believe staying in condo or EC is more about the lifestyle. Bringing kids to swimming pool is just a lift away.
Exactly why I moved from terrace to condo. But I got bored in half a year. My kids stopped swimming regularly after a year. Of course, still good to stay in condo.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #497

From 2013 to 2017, 5 straight years, prices were flat. You only have yourself to blame for waiting so long. You well know property prices will appreciate in the long run (for now). But i definitely don't support the 30-40% spike in new launch prices. There are numerous resales still available for you MR passer.
I do agree itís time and space concern.
I do acknowledge your inputs and respect your opinion, however at times I do think you can be alittle kinder in your comments! Cheers!
annetyu and sgpropertyblog like this.
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:36 AM   #498

If you can afford to wait, then wait. The recent closed tenders are still very expensive. It's best to do your own research, if your plan is to move to a new condo / upgrade / second property etc, decide for yourself.

Just see the land prices :
(for example the clementi ave1 is about 788+psf vs park clemantis, former park west 850+psf)

Or

Sims drive (740psf) vs sims urban (687psf, when sold at peak for new sales was nearly 1.6kpsf)

The trend for the new land bids are getting cheaper, but you have to take many things into consideration.
1: A lot of the existing launches are moving fast, riverfront cross 1k sales at that location, even treasure who people are laughing at, are selling 50-70 units every month, a lot of the GLS sales have crossed 50% sales and they're only a year old (they are going to top in 4 years). What does this mean ? When they're about nearly sold, the developers will start to bid for land again.
2: Just see the recent land bid developers, a lot of major players didn't bid, 2-3 years later what do you think will happen ?
3: government recently announced to focus more on town areas, what does this mean? Will there be land tenders for OCR / RCR ? With one - two land tender every one-two years on OCR/RCR region, do you think the developers who won the tender will sell cheap ? (Even if they won at a lower price) - they might just put one stack at super cheap price but charge 20% more for premium stacks too, has happened before.
4: even if they sell cheap, how many people do you think are waiting ? You want to test your luck in balloting to get the premium stacks that you want, or get a west sun face main road unit in a cheaper project.

By then you would have wasted 2-3 years of your time. If you're just a simple family house guy, then it would be better to study what is available in the market now and get it (resale, new launch, whatever).
annetyu likes this.
kiatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:43 AM   #499

As you said, treasure is at much better location, how to compare? Shows that you can get much better resale condo at same price. If you want piermont location, can try comparing with prive or the numerous sengkang resales (aside from lafiesta and luxurie). YOu can easily find $1,000psf there..

Imagine when ecopolitan, waterbay, amore, waterwoods, terrace ECs MOP, the floodgates are going to open for cheap punggol resales. Open your eyes everyone.

ahh.. get wat u mean now.. yes, there are many good location but yet prices like pasar malam.. ie Rivervale Crest / Compass Heights etc.. but selling below $1000 psf.. why don't buyers buy there??

"Imagine when ecopolitan, waterbay, amore, waterwoods, terrace ECs MOP, the floodgates are going to open for cheap punggol resales. Open your eyes everyone."

bingo!!! in next few years to come, many EC MOP-ing soon, but when u buy Piermont, you wont have this 'competition' when MOP, cos its the only EC for this year.. your competitors are probably Canberra new EC / Anchorvale new EC tat will MOP approx. 1-1.5yrs after Piermont ..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:48 AM   #500

[QUOTE=annetyu;121701206]

Fundamentally, you are already wrong. EC is unlikely to be for investment. EC buyers only have 1 property on hand just like buying any public housing.

What is evolving at Canberra? Anything I am missing out other than the MRT station?

Yes, wat potential does Canberra EC has over Piermont? but both are at the same pricing .. which one would u go for? but having said that, those grew up in Canberra or parents staying there, ultimately will go for it.. no right, no wrong..
Old 12-07-2019, 10:51 AM   #501
Master Member

Have you been to your friends' private apartments?
Many older ones or higher quantum new ones are of decent in sizes too.

And why do many hdb people chiong more central area if they can?

It is a lifestyle/ convenience + potential gain, just like many prefer cars (BMW, Mercedes some more) than cheapest Toyota despite they serve the same function.

Most private properties have less restrictions, most are profitable & higher quantum in profit when sold.

I'm talking about the small size in PG for a 3 bedder compared to a usual 4 room HDB, essentially the same thing ( but in this case the PG unit is smaller), you pay a premium to stay in a 'condo' but how often does one use the condo facilities? You do have to sleep in your room everyday though so overall, the quality of living is lower mah, but people will still do it, I know quite a few families that do this, family of 5 or 6 living in 900 sqft when a HDB provides 990 sqft, they do it for the prestige of living in a condo, thats it

Other condos no need talk, especially the older ones, I've a friend, his family owns the whole level of an apartment block right in Bugis, everyone has their own space. It's different.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:51 AM   #502

bingo!!! in next few years to come, many EC MOP-ing soon, but when u buy Piermont, you wont have this 'competition' when MOP, cos its the only EC for this year.. your competitors are probably Canberra new EC / Anchorvale new EC tat will MOP approx. 1-1.5yrs after Piermont ..
As usual, you view it however the way you like. There are valid points i acknowledge.

To me, it means cheap 5 year old(new) resale condos in punggol in 1-4 years time. Opening up many more options for home-seekers.

To sell piermont for a material profit, you will be looking to sell at $1,300psf. Will the market support that in 7 years? No ones knows. We are living on the assumption that property is guaranteed uptrend.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #503
Master Member

[QUOTE=sgpropertyblog;121701996]

Yes, wat potential does Canberra EC has over Piermont? but both are at the same pricing .. which one would u go for? but having said that, those grew up in Canberra or parents staying there, ultimately will go for it.. no right, no wrong..

Canberra has nothing over Piermont, distance to MRT is almost the same but PG has LRT nearer at least

Worse thing for these Canberra's EC to sell at same pricing is that the Condos and ECs in the area are selling for much much less, you can find good sized condos for $800psf, even lower depending on certain things

Nearby there are other ECs that will reach 5 years in about 2-3 years time, so why pay premium just because it is new? Rather whack the resale can utilise the value immediately, at a cheaper price
annetyu likes this.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #504

Actually what you say is true. As a second timer myself I will need to pay $45,000 resale levy if I buy Piermont. By the time it TOP, my HDB price may drop further. It may be better to consider buying Luxurie if the psf $ is the same right? Luxurie is only 2-3 years old and opposite SK MRT.

I'm thinking of upgrading but the high psf and resale levy puts me off and also got phobia after reading the pasir gudang thing in an article. I'll wait for the EC in SK one and see how. I think I wait and wait wait until no need to buy liao. PSf $ will get higher and higher .
Not pushing you to buy Piermont, but just wondering.. you are waiting for the price to drop ? or waiting for more cooling measure to pop up? or waiting for the right project?

you are not the only one that are put off by the resale levy, understand your heartache as its hard earn money!! but then again, lets take $45k levy & $1M purchase price, its about 0.045% .. but ultimately, your EC price vs private condo new launch price is difference of about 20% .. so end of the day, still a saving right?

I can sense Annetyu will have something to say about my reasoning aka 'illogical sense' and ' trying to justify my reason'..
Old 12-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #505

EC investors?

[QUOTE=blueunicorn;121701035]
Right now there's a huge demand coming from investors, given the catchment of potential tenants.
Merg91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #506

I can sense Annetyu will have something to say about my reasoning aka 'illogical sense' and ' trying to justify my reason'..
You well know inside what I will say and what you truly feel. I shall save my few minutes.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #507

Canberra has nothing over Piermont, distance to MRT is almost the same but PG has LRT nearer at least

Worse thing for these Canberra's EC to sell at same pricing is that the Condos and ECs in the area are selling for much much less, you can find good sized condos for $800psf, even lower depending on certain things

Nearby there are other ECs that will reach 5 years in about 2-3 years time, so why pay premium just because it is new? Rather whack the resale can utilise the value immediately, at a cheaper price
One of the wisest member of the forum.

Yes, if buying for rental, 3 years of waiting can potentially earn you $90k in rental, making a weaker case for the new launches.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #508

Small is in because of the quantum. But many don't mind and accept it like most cities.

Condo comes with those sports facilities, covered carparks, gardening & security etc.
And check how much you pay for your covered car park + conservancy charges?

Anyway there are always some who don't use the facilitiest but other family members would use.

I'm talking about the small size in PG for a 3 bedder compared to a usual 4 room HDB, essentially the same thing ( but in this case the PG unit is smaller), you pay a premium to stay in a 'condo' but how often does one use the condo facilities?.
annetyu likes this.
Merg91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #509

Help to advertise abit..

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...s-this-weekend

"Applications for Piermont Grand, the first executive condominium (EC) to be launched this year, will start this weekend, with bookings to be conducted on July 27."

"All apartments also come with a Haiku brand ceiling fan, Teka kitchen appliances, Grohe bathroom fittings, a wireless smart home system and more."

"It is also near the upcoming Punggol Digital District, which will house digitally focused companies, JTC business parks and the Singapore Institute of Technology's new campus."

"The marketing agents for the project are ERA, Huttons, OrangeTee & Tie and PropNex." - so many marketing agencies...
Old 12-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #510

Yup, there are some of us that loves a location, don’t wanna stay away from parents etc.

My colleague whose BTO at Yishun that has just reached MOP is still waiting for the Canberra launch. Told him that the next plot of land will be another EC too.
So he say if he cannot get the Q1 2020 EC, he gonna try the next plot of EC.

Die die want a New EC. Either one of the launch also can as Long as new to him and family. Plus his parents stays at Yishun. So wanna be close to the parents. He don’t mind the construction waiting time coz he can stay at Parents Jumbo flat.

sgpropertyblog likes this.

Last edited by 1993newbie; 12-07-2019 at 11:32 AM..
1993newbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.