HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree532Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2019, 11:43 AM   #511
Master Member

Small is in because of the quantum. But many don't mind and accept it like most cities.

Condo comes with those sports facilities, covered carparks, gardening & security etc.
And check how much you pay for your covered car park + conservancy charges?

Anyway there are always some who don't use the facilitiest but other family members would use.

Ask those HongKees how they like their cages?

Again, I'm not stating small is bad, I'm saying the premium I have to pay for PG is not worth it, small at Piermont vs maybe a similarly priced HDB in Bishan which can be double the size, which side will I really experience a higher quality of living? Location and all amenities nearby included.

So my initial point was that I do not know why people want to pay a higher price to squeeze all inside a smaller apartment just because it's a condo. Sure, got facilities, but heck

Don't get me wrong ah, I'm looking at condos but I realistic, looking for units above 1500sqft for my family of 4, if cannot find anything of value (NOT THE CANBERRA EC), HDB is also ok mah
Old 12-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #512

"Piermont Grand is located near the Sumang and Nibong LRT stations and connected to the Punggol MRT station and bus interchange." From the same article.

What does "Connected to the Punggol MRT station" mean... lol
skizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:54 AM   #513
Banned

"Piermont Grand is located near the Sumang and Nibong LRT stations and connected to the Punggol MRT station and bus interchange." From the same article.

What does "Connected to the Punggol MRT station" mean... lol
The LRT stations are connected to punggol mrt.

THey are playing with words, possibly to confuse buyers not familiar with the area.
sgpropertyblog likes this.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:14 PM   #514

Small here doesn't mean like those in HK.
Most new one are still quite decent here for appropriate family size.

Undervalued 1500 Sq ft?

Ask those HongKees how they like their cages?

Don't get me wrong ah, I'm looking at condos but I realistic, looking for units above 1500sqft for my family of 4, if cannot find anything of value (NOT THE CANBERRA EC), HDB is also ok mah
Merg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:21 PM   #515
Master Member

Small here doesn't mean like those in HK.
Most new one are still quite decent here for appropriate family size.

Undervalued 1500 Sq ft?

Lol, you keep cutting out sections of my post to suit yourself. Appropriate family size, a 3 bedder for a family of 4 is appropriate, siblings don't have to share rooms and parents have their own space. But you may define it differently, to each his own.

I didn't say undervalued, as long as it's of value, then why not? Look at Springhill in Sembawang, avg prolly about $500 psf, 2500sqft, near shopping centre and various eateries around you, ok mah, value lor

Anyway, maybe we define differently, I looking for own stay, not renting out, so again, to each his own
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #516

Then what are you waiting for?
Why is it so 'undervalued'?

Look at Springhill in Sembawang, avg prolly about $500 psf, 2500sqft, near shopping centre and various eateries around you, ok mah, value lor
Old 12-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #517

Help to advertise abit..

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...s-this-weekend

"Applications for Piermont Grand, the first executive condominium (EC) to be launched this year, will start this weekend, with bookings to be conducted on July 27."

"All apartments also come with a Haiku brand ceiling fan, Teka kitchen appliances, Grohe bathroom fittings, a wireless smart home system and more."

"It is also near the upcoming Punggol Digital District, which will house digitally focused companies, JTC business parks and the Singapore Institute of Technology's new campus."

"The marketing agents for the project are ERA, Huttons, OrangeTee & Tie and PropNex." - so many marketing agencies...

image upload
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #518

[QUOTE=Eraval;121702129]

Canberra has nothing over Piermont, distance to MRT is almost the same but PG has LRT nearer at least

Worse thing for these Canberra's EC to sell at same pricing is that the Condos and ECs in the area are selling for much much less, you can find good sized condos for $800psf, even lower depending on certain things

Nearby there are other ECs that will reach 5 years in about 2-3 years time, so why pay premium just because it is new? Rather whack the resale can utilise the value immediately, at a cheaper price

Totally understand where u r coming from.. resale can move in immediate, or rent out immediate.. but can the rental yield able to cover your capital appreciation? Lets say u buy resale now, rent out for 3 yrs and get $90k in rental .. how much do u think your new EC are able to profit after MOP? Less than $90k or more? But not forgetting, when u want to dispose off your resale property, can u still make profit ? Im not saying all resale property will lose money, need to see the project.. one resale project tat i feel still got potential is Sky Vue..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #519
Master Member

[QUOTE=sgpropertyblog;121704202]

Totally understand where u r coming from.. resale can move in immediate, or rent out immediate.. but can the rental yield able to cover your capital appreciation? Lets say u buy resale now, rent out for 3 yrs and get $90k in rental .. how much do u think your new EC are able to profit after MOP? Less than $90k or more? But not forgetting, when u want to dispose off your resale property, can u still make profit ? Im not saying all resale property will lose money, need to see the project.. one resale project tat i feel still got potential is Sky Vue..

Haha I know your question but then I buying for own stay mah, so I'm looking at 20-30 years of staying, thinking that far ahead, if I bought a 5 year old resale vs a new EC, that 5 years become almost negligible in the case of 25 years or 30 years old condo comparison liao

With EC, most who get the bigger units are normally for own stay I would guess? Smaller units are those who buy to rent out while staying with parents? Not so sure, but I just judging PG this time because this is its thread. To me if compare, PG bo hua lor, location not that good, price not that worth it considering there is a earning cap.

Sky Vue different, its location itself is a great selling point liao, 10-20 years on Bishan will still be central
Old 12-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #520
Banned

Then what are you waiting for?
Why is it so 'undervalued'?
Most people just see the news, look at the adverts, listen to property agents, so they only know about new launches and little about "hidden gems".

Rather than call resale undervalued, the new launches are overvalued. Simply because of land bids.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #521

Not pushing you to buy Piermont, but just wondering.. you are waiting for the price to drop ? or waiting for more cooling measure to pop up? or waiting for the right project?

you are not the only one that are put off by the resale levy, understand your heartache as its hard earn money!! but then again, lets take $45k levy & $1M purchase price, its about 0.045% .. but ultimately, your EC price vs private condo new launch price is difference of about 20% .. so end of the day, still a saving right?

I can sense Annetyu will have something to say about my reasoning aka 'illogical sense' and ' trying to justify my reason'..
45k is 4.5% of 1m, not 0.045%.

I know you property agent but you are pushing these new launches too hard, you don't even make any sense now.

New launch market is only a tiny fraction of the overall housing stock, its a poor indicator of the health of the property market, I think new sale market is only hot because agents like you are pushing them to people who cannot tell the difference between 0.045% and 4.5%.
annetyu likes this.
d5dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #522
Banned

45k is 4.5% of 1m, not 0.045%.

I know you property agent but you are pushing these new launches too hard, you don't even make any sense now.

New launch market is only a tiny fraction of the overall housing stock, its a poor indicator of the health of the property market, I think new sale market is only hot because agents like you are pushing them to people who cannot tell the difference between 0.045% and 4.5%.
Hopefully it is an unintentional mistake. I myself really thought the 45k resale levy was immaterial and negligible because of the number he gave...
Old 12-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #523
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well said. I agreed

Most people just see the news, look at the adverts, listen to property agents, so they only know about new launches and little about "hidden gems".

Rather than call resale undervalued, the new launches are overvalued. Simply because of land bids.
civicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #524

Let me stick my neck out.

I expect the sales for this EC to be poor given the gloomy economic outlook.
AlohaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:35 PM   #525

Don't you want this 'hidden gem' too?

Springhill is 80 years left landed & 鸟不生蛋location.
Far from MRT.
It has been 'undervalued' for years.
Even CapitalMallTrust gave up & sold off freehold Sembawang Shopping Centre. Its only sale among all its malls which are 99 years lease.

.... they only know about new launches and little about "hidden gems".
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.