New EC at Sumang Walk

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
So now HWZ can be used for property advertising?

i'm sorry if I faulted the t&c.. I was merely asking if anyone who wants to come and take a look to PM me for the E-invite to avoid the Q at the entrance.. So sorry.. will delete my post :o

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
Is $11xx psf justifiable for punggol area?

For a punggol EC, $11xx psf is not justifiable, especially when it's not next to the MRT.

I walked from the actual site to the MRT and it's about a 14 minute walk, I think most residents will end up taking the LRT or the SBS feeder bus to the MRT/bus interchange.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
i'm sorry if I faulted the t&c.. I was merely asking if anyone who wants to come and take a look to PM me for the E-invite to avoid the Q at the entrance.. So sorry.. will delete my post :o

You know exactly what you’re doing. This area is for discussion not for touting sales.

alibaba02

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade for my family. Before weighing whether $11xx psf is worthwhile for punggol. I have serious doubt if this project is really affordable to those family earning <$14k. Considering there is a MSR at 30% and resale levy of $30-$50k for 2nd timer ?

runforyourlife

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade for my family. Before weighing whether $11xx psf is worthwhile for punggol. I have serious doubt if this project is really affordable to those family earning <$14k. Considering there is a MSR at 30% and resale levy of $30-$50k for 2nd timer ?

111x psf for below 14k annual salary I think it’s fine. If you buy for staying it should be ok.

But the mrt is an issue and if both drive it’ll be fine.

But whether it’ll appreciate is uncertain, that area itself not having any major masterplan development

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, it would do well to consider taking at walk of the vicinity of the Piermont Grand site on a weekend.

If you're surprised as to why the area seems to be "bustling" with activity in what is supposed to be a quiet residential neighbourhood, just look 500m north-west of Piermont Grand site to the 3 mega foreign workers dormitories (20,000 capacity) on Punggol Timor.

In fact, Piermont Grand is situated on what used to be their informal makan / cricket areas.

A bonus is that the mega foreign workers dormitories have a golden village cinema (run by S11) which is nearer than walking to waterway point!

Lol, the things the agents would not tell you...

But to be fair, seen many of them a fair number of times, they dont really wander too far away and stick to the area mostly

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, it would do well to consider taking at walk of the vicinity of the Piermont Grand site on a weekend.

If you're surprised as to why the area seems to be "bustling" with activity in what is supposed to be a quiet residential neighbourhood, just look 500m north-west of Piermont Grand site to the 3 mega foreign workers dormitories (20,000 capacity) on Punggol Timor.

In fact, Piermont Grand is situated on what used to be their informal makan / cricket areas.

A bonus is that the mega foreign workers dormitories have a golden village cinema (run by S11) which is nearer than walking to waterway point!

Next to the Piermont Grand is a plot of land reserved for a temple, not sure if it is for a Chinese or Indian temple.

Besides the temple, Piermont Grand is surrounded by tall HDB flats, there is basically no unblock view, their units either face each other or face the neighboring HDB flats. When this EC is built up, the area will be very densely populated.

LISUN_777

Reaction score
for 3 bedder, it might be ok. But for 4 or 5 bedder which will likely fetch around 1.4-1.6 mil price range, it's likely not ok for households who earn less than or around 14k per mth.

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Next to the Piermont Grand is a plot of land reserved for a temple, not sure if it is for a Chinese or Indian temple.

Besides the temple, Piermont Grand is surrounded by tall HDB flats, there is basically no unblock view, their units either face each other or face the neighboring HDB flats. When this EC is built up, the area will be very densely populated.

Tat plot of land ady bidded by Soka .. japanese buddhist temple..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
for 3 bedder, it might be ok. But for 4 or 5 bedder which will likely fetch around 1.4-1.6 mil price range, it's likely not ok for households who earn less than or around 14k per mth.

Yes, even for max imcome household of $14k per mth and max loan tenure 30yrs, the max loan u can borrow is around $935k..but if you have variable allowances in your salary / bonuses, it can help in the loan computation..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

You probably wana do a financial calculation first to see the affordability , isit within your reach.. need help in this matter can look for me, i can help u calculate

sukidexun

Reaction score
Don't buy becos of the hype. Below are the reasons why.

1 - overprice
2 - you can buy nearby condo for the same or lower price. (not EC only)
3 - EC suppose to be cheaper than condo so how can they launch the price also the same as condo?
4 - Its beside a temple & school.
5 - You might not earn as much in the future (when top)
6 - very crowded area.

gq.ong88

Reaction score

how's sales nowadays? with close to 30k agents, and just over 50k transaction for pte and govt residential combined, thats about 2 transaction per yr? granted 80/20 rule is prevalent here, wonder how the 80% of agents survive in such a cut throat environment? care to share more on tt?

runforyourlife

Reaction score
how's sales nowadays? with close to 30k agents, and just over 50k transaction for pte and govt residential combined, thats about 2 transaction per yr? granted 80/20 rule is prevalent here, wonder how the 80% of agents survive in such a cut throat environment? care to share more on tt?

One of e strategy is to partner with other agents of other condos.

gq.ong88

Reaction score
One of e strategy is to partner with other agents of other condos.

sry but i am not too sure what tt means? do you mean co broke? but ultimately the pie remains the same isn't it? I do know some agents actively engage in overseas ppty esp those at the ballrooms at orchard on the weekends, but i am curious on the take up rate of such exhibitions..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.