New EC at Sumang Walk

sukidexun

Reaction score
Thanks bro for the advice.

Generally shdnt b an issue on the loan n installment portion, its just that in order to downpay, will need to utilise majority of rainy day funds. So wifey not v comfortable with it.

You are lucky to have such an understanding wife. Others might just tell u to buy buy buy. No buy give u black face.

My mother in law had the idea to top up if my wife n myself cant pay for it. Thank god we cant buy becos we havent stay 5 years for resale flat.

Currently i m staying in Jln tenteram which is a better location. Not going to punggol just becos someone is paying for it. There's many factors to consider. Although you might not be able to own this ec this time round, who knows u strike rich n can afford a better location EC / PC.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Another factor to consider is the developer. For this EC, its CDL so many is keen. For Anchorvale Crescent EC, its LRT & not well known developer. To many, its very troublesome n its not a big cabin that can fill many ppl during peak hours.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Why u guys like to live near lrt ah? I believe if it’s close to Punggol, you’ll probably not be able to enter?

I get it if u drive but still e jam is quite bad right?

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Another factor to consider is the developer. For this EC, its CDL so many is keen. For Anchorvale Crescent EC, its LRT & not well known developer. To many, its very troublesome n its not a big cabin that can fill many ppl during peak hours.

Anchorvale developer okok la, they have done GEM residences and The Crest condo along with other atas CCR projects.

BTW, this anchorvale ec walking distance is about the same as sumang ec walking distance to sengkang mrt if you look carefully. On top of that, anchorvale ec is 1 LRT stop from sengkang mrt compared to 2 LRT stops for sumang to punggol mrt.

So is sumang really better than anchorvale or will it be wiser to wait first?

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Why u guys like to live near lrt ah? I believe if it’s close to Punggol, you’ll probably not be able to enter?

If have a choice, of course people prefer to live near mrt.. but LRT is better than nothing right?

Braun8

Master Member
Reaction score

I prefer to stay next to MRT with amenties like kopitiam, supermarket, bakery and fastfood very nearby.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Anchorvale developer okok la, they have done GEM residences and The Crest condo along with other atas CCR projects.

BTW, this anchorvale ec walking distance is about the same as sumang ec walking distance to sengkang mrt if you look carefully. On top of that, anchorvale ec is 1 LRT stop from sengkang mrt compared to 2 LRT stops for sumang to punggol mrt.

So is sumang really better than anchorvale or will it be wiser to wait first?

I think at this point nobody can tell u what to do except agents. They confirm ask u buy buy buy before this n that sold out.

SK ec confirm wont earn as much as punggol becos govt already lay out the master plan for punggol. As far as sk, i dont know have or not. In the near future, there's another condo location at sk mrt.

As for LRT, i took it many years back. so stupid one. at certain timing, only 1 platform from a stop to g stop and if u want to go f stop, you have to take one big round (A-F) instead of taking it from G to F. Maybe now have change but anything is possible.

sukidexun

Reaction score
I prefer to stay next to MRT with amenties like kopitiam, supermarket, bakery and fastfood very nearby.

Bro, who doesnt but that comes at a premium price which is why location is very important. If you buy the house with nothing nearby, gg. wait 5 years change house.

For some ppl, they always like to change house every 5 years. I dont understand why. in order for you to earn money, you must have holding power aka waiting time.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I think at this point nobody can tell u what to do except agents. They confirm ask u buy buy buy before this n that sold out.

SK ec confirm wont earn as much as punggol becos govt already lay out the master plan for punggol. As far as sk, i dont know have or not. In the near future, there's another condo location at sk mrt.

As for LRT, i took it many years back. so stupid one. at certain timing, only 1 platform from a stop to g stop and if u want to go f stop, you have to take one big round (A-F) instead of taking it from G to F. Maybe now have change but anything is possible.

You sure "SK ec confirm wont earn as much as punggol"? At least anchorvale now is a cluster of private condo unlike sumang which is surrounded by hdb.

I personally think there is an over-hype over the punggol masterplan. Half of it is the 2nd tier university which is the half closer to piermont. The other half is just a business / industrial park that is near the new punggol coast mrt, 1 mrt stop away from punggol mrt. Not as if there is going to be more recreational facilities or shopping malls...

Last edited:

sukidexun

Reaction score
of cos there's no confirm but base on the facts, its unlikely SK can earn more. If me, i also buy punggol ec over sk ec. I also dare to say punggol more family friendly which makes those (wanted to start a family) buy punggol. If you are the type that scare of crowded areas, maybe can choose another location. If you drive, get ready to jam jam jam.

Just to add on.

When you buy condo / ec, you should be looking at those areas with not much condo around each other. Reason being is next time you want to sell, ppl will compare. This will make your unit abit hard to sell unless your unit is outstanding. If you are stand alone, those hdb can only choose you n that's how u make money.

One good example is those condos at tampines ( recently launched ). all side by side. Buyers can take their time but seller might not have it.

Last edited:

shin7829

Reaction score
I beg to differ.
Sometimes surrounded by hdb may not be a good thing
Surrounded by condo may not be a bad thing.

Of course there are always exception

Nobody1122

Master Member
Reaction score
Punggol already has (as compare to SK)

Marina Country Club
Punggol settlement
SAFRA
Tebing Lane

Upcoming will be

North shore mall (year 2020)
Hawker centre/library (year 2021)
Regional Sports Centre (year 2022)
SIT and JTC (additional hawker centre)
Punggol North MRT (year 2023)

You sure "SK ec confirm wont earn as much as punggol"? At least anchorvale now is a cluster of private condo unlike sumang which is surrounded by hdb.

I personally think there is an over-hype over the punggol masterplan. Half of it is the 2nd tier university which is the half closer to piermont. The other half is just a business / industrial park that is near the new punggol coast mrt, 1 mrt stop away from punggol mrt. Not as if there is going to be more recreational facilities or shopping malls...

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
of cos there's no confirm but base on the facts, its unlikely SK can earn more. If me, i also buy punggol ec over sk ec. I also dare to say punggol more family friendly which makes those (wanted to start a family) buy punggol. If you are the type that scare of crowded areas, maybe can choose another location. If you drive, get ready to jam jam jam.

Just to add on.

When you buy condo / ec, you should be looking at those areas with not much condo around each other. Reason being is next time you want to sell, ppl will compare. This will make your unit abit hard to sell unless your unit is outstanding. If you are stand alone, those hdb can only choose you n that's how u make money.

One good example is those condos at tampines ( recently launched ). all side by side. Buyers can take their time but seller might not have it.

Definitely there are pros and cons for sumang and anchorvale. I would argue otherwise that being surrounded by HDBs will devalue your property.

Anchorvale also has the huge riverside park and sports centre just a short walk away. I am not sure what sumang has that makes it more family friendly? The waterway?

I am not interested in both projects so I am just offering my unbiased opinions.

sukidexun

Reaction score
I beg to differ.
Sometimes surrounded by hdb may not be a good thing
Surrounded by condo may not be a bad thing.

Of course there are always exception

Whether we like it or not, what i stated are true facts. You need to do your own homework to compare the pro n cons and weight in. Every property sure got their own unique points.

Anyway that's why we have a forum to debate about all these n help each another.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Definitely there are pros and cons for sumang and anchorvale. I would argue otherwise that being surrounded by HDBs will devalue your property.

Anchorvale also has the huge riverside park and sports centre just a short walk away. I am not sure what sumang has that makes it more family friendly? The waterway?

I am not interested in both projects so I am just offering my unbiased opinions.

Whatever our opinions are, the EC confirm sold out like others EC (a matter of time). The only difference is can you get it at the right price?

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just to add on.

I think Punggol is a better area with growth than SK.
Tampines Ave 10 will soon have a dearth of condos, w the new EC plot there too, and I reckon that the new EC can push up their selling price (but lower than tapestry and treasures) just by stating that prices ard that area is already 13xx-14xx psf.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Punggol already has (as compare to SK)

Marina Country Club
Punggol settlement
SAFRA
Tebing Lane

Upcoming will be

North shore mall (year 2020)
Hawker centre/library (year 2021)
Regional Sports Centre (year 2022)
SIT and JTC (additional hawker centre)
Punggol North MRT (year 2023)

So sengkang has nothing? :o

1. It is not as if sumang is very near those attractions you described, they are minimally a few lrt stops away. Hence, anchorvale ec residents can also enjoy these attractions with pretty much the same travelling time.

2. Anchorvale crescent alone has 2 upcoming schools (childcare possibly?), a health care centre and place of worship. Definitely good and beneficial to send your kids to church.

3. A home is a home, you definitely want a quiet and peaceful place to rest after a long day.

Ultimately, sengkang is closer to the city.

sukidexun

Reaction score
I think Punggol is a better area with growth than SK.
Tampines Ave 10 will soon have a dearth of condos, w the new EC plot there too, and I reckon that the new EC can push up their selling price (but lower than tapestry and treasures) just by stating that prices ard that area is already 13xx-14xx psf.

If punggol is not a better location, there wont be so many families moving there. Safra is already plus point but not sure why many like safra. haha.

Tampines EC can jack up the price but then again, buyers will start to compare again. It also not near the mrt. Q bay residences is near TP which i quite like it when i was there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.