HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree701Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2019, 09:18 AM   #706

Is $11xx psf justifiable for punggol area?

For a punggol EC, $11xx psf is not justifiable, especially when it's not next to the MRT.

I walked from the actual site to the MRT and it's about a 14 minute walk, I think most residents will end up taking the LRT or the SBS feeder bus to the MRT/bus interchange.
Braun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 09:28 AM   #707

i'm sorry if I faulted the t&c.. I was merely asking if anyone who wants to come and take a look to PM me for the E-invite to avoid the Q at the entrance.. So sorry.. will delete my post
You know exactly what youíre doing. This area is for discussion not for touting sales.
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #708

I am looking to upgrade for my family. Before weighing whether $11xx psf is worthwhile for punggol. I have serious doubt if this project is really affordable to those family earning <$14k. Considering there is a MSR at 30% and resale levy of $30-$50k for 2nd timer ?
alibaba02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 09:34 AM   #709

I am looking to upgrade for my family. Before weighing whether $11xx psf is worthwhile for punggol. I have serious doubt if this project is really affordable to those family earning <$14k. Considering there is a MSR at 30% and resale levy of $30-$50k for 2nd timer ?
111x psf for below 14k annual salary I think itís fine. If you buy for staying it should be ok.

But the mrt is an issue and if both drive itíll be fine.

But whether itíll appreciate is uncertain, that area itself not having any major masterplan development
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #710
Master Member

Well, it would do well to consider taking at walk of the vicinity of the Piermont Grand site on a weekend.

If you're surprised as to why the area seems to be "bustling" with activity in what is supposed to be a quiet residential neighbourhood, just look 500m north-west of Piermont Grand site to the 3 mega foreign workers dormitories (20,000 capacity) on Punggol Timor.

In fact, Piermont Grand is situated on what used to be their informal makan / cricket areas.

A bonus is that the mega foreign workers dormitories have a golden village cinema (run by S11) which is nearer than walking to waterway point!

Lol, the things the agents would not tell you...

But to be fair, seen many of them a fair number of times, they dont really wander too far away and stick to the area mostly
Old 18-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #711

Well, it would do well to consider taking at walk of the vicinity of the Piermont Grand site on a weekend.

If you're surprised as to why the area seems to be "bustling" with activity in what is supposed to be a quiet residential neighbourhood, just look 500m north-west of Piermont Grand site to the 3 mega foreign workers dormitories (20,000 capacity) on Punggol Timor.

In fact, Piermont Grand is situated on what used to be their informal makan / cricket areas.

A bonus is that the mega foreign workers dormitories have a golden village cinema (run by S11) which is nearer than walking to waterway point!

Next to the Piermont Grand is a plot of land reserved for a temple, not sure if it is for a Chinese or Indian temple.

Besides the temple, Piermont Grand is surrounded by tall HDB flats, there is basically no unblock view, their units either face each other or face the neighboring HDB flats. When this EC is built up, the area will be very densely populated.
Braun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #712

showflat is open until 22nd july ( last day).. please please PM me if you would like to go and take a look.. I PM u the E-Invite k ?
No intention to buy. Just want to see the showflat.
Can boh?
sgpropertyblog likes this.
iphone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #713

for 3 bedder, it might be ok. But for 4 or 5 bedder which will likely fetch around 1.4-1.6 mil price range, it's likely not ok for households who earn less than or around 14k per mth.
LISUN_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 02:00 PM   #714

No intention to buy. Just want to see the showflat.
Can boh?
Yes can.. all are welcome..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #715

Next to the Piermont Grand is a plot of land reserved for a temple, not sure if it is for a Chinese or Indian temple.

Besides the temple, Piermont Grand is surrounded by tall HDB flats, there is basically no unblock view, their units either face each other or face the neighboring HDB flats. When this EC is built up, the area will be very densely populated.
Tat plot of land ady bidded by Soka .. japanese buddhist temple..
Old 18-07-2019, 02:06 PM   #716

for 3 bedder, it might be ok. But for 4 or 5 bedder which will likely fetch around 1.4-1.6 mil price range, it's likely not ok for households who earn less than or around 14k per mth.
Yes, even for max imcome household of $14k per mth and max loan tenure 30yrs, the max loan u can borrow is around $935k..but if you have variable allowances in your salary / bonuses, it can help in the loan computation..
Old 18-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #717

You probably wana do a financial calculation first to see the affordability , isit within your reach.. need help in this matter can look for me, i can help u calculate
alibaba02 likes this.
Old 18-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #718

Don't buy becos of the hype. Below are the reasons why.

1 - overprice
2 - you can buy nearby condo for the same or lower price. (not EC only)
3 - EC suppose to be cheaper than condo so how can they launch the price also the same as condo?
4 - Its beside a temple & school.
5 - You might not earn as much in the future (when top)
6 - very crowded area.
annetyu likes this.
sukidexun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 03:22 PM   #719

i'm sorry if I faulted the t&c.. I was merely asking if anyone who wants to come and take a look to PM me for the E-invite to avoid the Q at the entrance.. So sorry.. will delete my post

how's sales nowadays? with close to 30k agents, and just over 50k transaction for pte and govt residential combined, thats about 2 transaction per yr? granted 80/20 rule is prevalent here, wonder how the 80% of agents survive in such a cut throat environment? care to share more on tt?
gq.ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #720
High Supremacy Member

Dun buy now new ec will cost 12xx liao

Stop procasatining

Good buy best buy must buy

Is $11xx psf justifiable for punggol area?
ahboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.