HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree701Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #721

how's sales nowadays? with close to 30k agents, and just over 50k transaction for pte and govt residential combined, thats about 2 transaction per yr? granted 80/20 rule is prevalent here, wonder how the 80% of agents survive in such a cut throat environment? care to share more on tt?
One of e strategy is to partner with other agents of other condos.
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 04:06 PM   #722

One of e strategy is to partner with other agents of other condos.

sry but i am not too sure what tt means? do you mean co broke? but ultimately the pie remains the same isn't it? I do know some agents actively engage in overseas ppty esp those at the ballrooms at orchard on the weekends, but i am curious on the take up rate of such exhibitions..
gq.ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 04:08 PM   #723
Banned

Dun buy now new ec will cost 12xx liao

Stop procasatining

Good buy best buy must buy
1150 is already paying future price and a huge huge premium over the previous EC. 1200 maybe will be 10 years later...

Market is going to be flat for many years to come.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 04:11 PM   #724

how's sales nowadays? with close to 30k agents, and just over 50k transaction for pte and govt residential combined, thats about 2 transaction per yr? granted 80/20 rule is prevalent here, wonder how the 80% of agents survive in such a cut throat environment? care to share more on tt?
Yes, its very competitive market here for us agents.. drop out rates are quite high in this industry.. but there are also those top agents that can make six figures a month.. im neither.. lolsss..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 04:16 PM   #725

Dun buy now new ec will cost 12xx liao

Stop procasatining

Good buy best buy must buy
Lols... wana buy??
Old 18-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #726

No intention to buy. Just want to see the showflat.
Can boh?

There's no need to make appointment to see the showflat.

When I went to their sales gallery/showflat, there were many agents waiting at the doorway queuing to serve walk-in customers like me, and it was not crowded inside.
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Braun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 04:24 PM   #727

sry but i am not too sure what tt means? do you mean co broke? but ultimately the pie remains the same isn't it? I do know some agents actively engage in overseas ppty esp those at the ballrooms at orchard on the weekends, but i am curious on the take up rate of such exhibitions..
Co-broker lo. If I do this property but then some ppl may be considering different districts, they will den say ok another person do, both share commission.
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #728

Don't buy becos of the hype. Below are the reasons why.

1 - overprice
2 - you can buy nearby condo for the same or lower price. (not EC only)
3 - EC suppose to be cheaper than condo so how can they launch the price also the same as condo?
4 - Its beside a temple & school.
5 - You might not earn as much in the future (when top)
6 - very crowded area.

Agree with you that it is overprice for an EC. The developer will only release the actual price of each unit to the applicants on 25th July.
Braun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 05:15 PM   #729

111x psf for below 14k annual salary I think itís fine. If you buy for staying it should be ok.

But the mrt is an issue and if both drive itíll be fine.

But whether itíll appreciate is uncertain, that area itself not having any major masterplan development
yes bro, its fine if people get the smallest 3 bedder which is like 820-850 sqft. But folks with family, I would think it defeats the purpose of upgrading where you get the some facilities like swimming pool, etc at the expense of livable space.
annetyu likes this.
alibaba02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #730

Agree with you that it is overprice for an EC. The developer will only release the actual price of each unit to the applicants on 25th July.
That's so funny. Where got only release price 1-2 days before e-app? ppl also need to think and plan. Now they can only assume its 1199 (max) hopefully. Not forgetting that for 5 rooms, it cannot be 1.1 psf becos its a bigger unit.

If u buy ec now, you have to wait 3-4 years. You also cant see what's the actual unit like. I would dare to say go for condo now. If you encounter any money issue, you still can sell it away.
sukidexun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #731

That's so funny. Where got only release price 1-2 days before e-app? ppl also need to think and plan. Now they can only assume its 1199 (max) hopefully. Not forgetting that for 5 rooms, it cannot be 1.1 psf becos its a bigger unit.

If u buy ec now, you have to wait 3-4 years. You also cant see what's the actual unit like. I would dare to say go for condo now. If you encounter any money issue, you still can sell it away.
Is it normal for developers to release prices 1-2 days before e app ?
alibaba02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 10:19 PM   #732

For Overseas property, the quantum may be low for some property like in Thailand/Vietnam ($100k). However, the sale is still hard to go through because buyer need to pay full cash (not allowed to take property loan) plus stamp duty (5%). In many ways, the deal is even more challenging than a HDB deal.

The comm we can get is also much lower due to the lower quantum (Eg 1-2% of 100k is 2k).

The takeup may be very fast. One Rich Man from China can just come down and buy 100 units in one fell swoop (No absd for foreigners or for many units). Then the project is more or less sold out. That's how most overseas project sell anyway.
Old 18-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #733

Is it normal for developers to release prices 1-2 days before e app ?
Yes it's quite normal.
Old 19-07-2019, 08:29 AM   #734

There's no need to make appointment to see the showflat.

When I went to their sales gallery/showflat, there were many agents waiting at the doorway queuing to serve walk-in customers like me, and it was not crowded inside.
if coming during peak hours ( sat / sun / after office hours), the crowd can be a little crazy.. if the carpark is full, alternative carpark is just opposite at blk 310A( park near to lift lobby 1 )
Old 19-07-2019, 08:42 AM   #735

I always encourage my clients to get their IPA done before the balloting and I will do a financial calculation for them based of few different interest rates, and see if the monthly installments is do-able for them..

for EC the price will have to be made known to public 2 days before balloting.. but for private condo, the price will only be made known on the day of balloting itself ( inside the showflat) ..

The price should be FROM $9xx psf and up ..especially the penthouses..

those that are still considering, just submit the E-application first.. as the cut-off date is 22nd July ( Monday).. after submit you can slowly think and do your maths.. if the prices doesn't suits you after its being release, then don't come for the balloting.. if you don't submit for E-App and the prices happens to be lower than expected, then will have to wait until finish balloting on 27th then oni will be able to go in the showflat.. by then, not much choices left ady.. anyway, the E-Application submission is Free.. and no penalty if you dun turn up for the balloting..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.