HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree675Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2019, 02:14 AM   #766

I am currently looking at this project. The indicative price for 3 bedder released by my agent to me yesterday was from 814k. It was revised to 888k today. Looks like CDL is expecting good sales on balloting day.
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Path-Finder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 02:19 AM   #767

Sorry? Dun understand u.. Riverfront is also a new launch( havent TOP) at Hougang.. 2bedders price $8xxK

Piermont Grand EC, new launch( havnt TOP) 3 bedders $8xxK oso..
Whats the size of Riverfront 2 bedder? I think its a better comparision if we use floor area as the yardstick instead of bedder. Lets not forget that Piermont smallest 3 bedder is 78sqm...which to me is more realistic as a 2 bedder.
Old 20-07-2019, 02:30 AM   #768

I m in the same situation. U buying for long term stay?

I'm seriously considering not showing up for the balloting, just waiting to see the developer's actual prices before making my decision.

My flat is in a better location than this EC and I'm in no hurry to get a new place, I will probably start looking at resale condos too.
Old 20-07-2019, 06:47 AM   #769
Supremacy Member

Whats the size of Riverfront 2 bedder? I think its a better comparision if we use floor area as the yardstick instead of bedder. Lets not forget that Piermont smallest 3 bedder is 78sqm...which to me is more realistic as a 2 bedder.
One is private and one is EC
How to compare
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 07:50 AM   #770

Thats y i m asking on the floor area of Riverfront 2 bedder. Mayb u dun get the rationale of me asking for the floor area when sgpropertyblog compares Riverfront and Piermont using only price and the number of bedder.

One is private and one is EC
How to compare
Old 20-07-2019, 09:13 AM   #771

Riverfront 2bedders 689sqft(64sqm) - $944K (cheapest unit at the moment,aft discounts )
Piermont 3 bedders 840sqft (78sqm) - $888K (price from )
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #772

One is PC and one is EC lei
yes, understand your point.. what im trying to say is, EC price is much lower compare to PC.. as many ppl say the price of tis EC is the same as new launch PC ,might as well buy PC..
Old 20-07-2019, 09:26 AM   #773

I am currently looking at this project. The indicative price for 3 bedder released by my agent to me yesterday was from 814k. It was revised to 888k today. Looks like CDL is expecting good sales on balloting day.
Actually some agents underquote their clients as they are afraid might scare away the buyers.. the initial price given to us by the developer is all this while $1150psf average.. so now, its actually much lower than expected.. will have to wait til 25th to see the actual pricing, but surely will have units priced from $888k..
Old 20-07-2019, 09:39 AM   #774

yes, understand your point.. what im trying to say is, EC price is much lower compare to PC.. as many ppl say the price of tis EC is the same as new launch PC ,might as well buy PC..
One is punggol, other is hougang. How to compare also? Hougang supposedly more valuable than punggol...
annetyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 10:07 AM   #775

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Current bank loan is 75% of the ppty price
At income of 14k with MSR at 30%, monthly max loan is $4,200
Working backward with 30yrs loan tenure, max loan will be 1.5mio

But all this figure is loan amount, that's actually includes loan interest, thus the principal could be lower.
current loan is 75%, during my time in 100palms was 80%.
i still remember based on 1mil budget, already need to fork out about 360 or 380k which include downpayment + 50k resale levy + stamp duty etc. That's why i decided to turn to elsewhere and get a young resale PC which i can use the 50k for reno, and with the same amount of approx 330K downpayment, can get even bigger unit. Bigger, better, faster.

also, dun want to take challenge to wait for 4yrs later and my flat resale price drop and also increased accrued interest to eat into my COV. Most impt point is that most upgraders valued their flat at today's market price, forgetting when 4yrs later, if their flat drop 50k to 80k, how?

now at 75%, upgraders need to be loaded with lots of cash. Easily 100k and provided cpf hv enough for downpayment that do not need further cash portion.

just find that EC do not favor upgraders, at least for me.
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #776

I am also looking at this ec for long term stay but in dilemma after reading this discussion. Seems like this is the only good thread about this ec. So here my 2 cents worth and hopefully can get more good advice.

Been staying nearby for a few years already, the smell only happen once this year due to the pasir gudang issue and it lasted about a month. So dont think it's an issue unless another big incident happens over there.

Punggol environment is nice to stay in if near wwp and the upcoming community and sports hub. With the nice npark and river running through.

Can seek advice on what possible pricing then this ec is worth buying?
tomylwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 10:15 AM   #777

current loan is 75%, during my time in 100palms was 80%.
i still remember based on 1mil budget, already need to fork out about 360 or 380k which include downpayment + 50k resale levy + stamp duty etc. That's why i decided to turn to elsewhere and get a young resale PC which i can use the 50k for reno, and with the same amount of approx 330K downpayment, can get even bigger unit. Bigger, better, faster.

also, dun want to take challenge to wait for 4yrs later and my flat resale price drop and also increased accrued interest to eat into my COV. Most impt point is that most upgraders valued their flat at today's market price, forgetting when 4yrs later, if their flat drop 50k to 80k, how?

now at 75%, upgraders need to be loaded with lots of cash. Easily 100k and provided cpf hv enough for downpayment that do not need further cash portion.

just find that EC do not favor upgraders, at least for me.
Just an afterthought, I thought EC favours HDB upgraders, cos after selling their HDB usually they will have a tidy profit, which means they have excess cash on hand, and thus contributing to the cash portion.

On hindsight, my colleague who bought 100 palms, they stayed in at the guys family side while awaiting the construction, but they are v happy cos they are sitting on huge paper gain. 850k 4 bedroom.

Last edited by Passerboy; 20-07-2019 at 10:18 AM..
Passerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #778

Just an afterthought, I thought EC favours HDB upgraders, cos after selling their HDB usually they will have a tidy profit, which means they have excess cash on hand, and thus contributing to the cash portion.

On hindsight, my colleague who bought 100 palms, they stayed in at the guys family side while awaiting the construction, but they are v happy cos they are sitting on huge paper gain. 850k 4 bedroom.
you are right, that's provided u sell 1st and cash out to buy, then u hv loads of cash and fund to pay for the initial downpayment and fees and a place to stay. But, if you intend to sell only after EC completed, then the upfront payment is a challenge as most ppl, their cpf fund are used on current flat.
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #779

I m in the same situation. U buying for long term stay?

I'm thinking of upgrading to a bigger place as my kids are becoming teenagers. But my flat has a much better location, moving to this EC will be a location downgrade. Based on the agents estimated prices of this EC, it's not attractive to buy so I may pass. What's more with all the bad economic news this month, it may be prudent not to rush to buy property. Who knows, Singapore may be in a recession by end of this year.

Just waiting to see the developer's actual prices before making the decision.
Besides looking at condos, another option is renovate my flat similar to 5 star hotel quality. If I don't buy a condo, I could retire a lot earlier.
Braun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #780

One is punggol, other is hougang. How to compare also? Hougang supposedly more valuable than punggol...
oh.. but hougang hdb median prices are lower compared to punggol..of course, hougang is a matured estate compared to punggol and also nearer to the city..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.