Like Tree760Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2019, 12:25 AM   #856
Master Member

Will surpass Bishan or not
I don’t know

But I certainly won’t associate the word
‘CHEAP’ with Punggol lo

If many people think like you then sure up loh. Market is all about sentiments and speculations. The 2nd tier uni and business park will definitely make many excited. Looks like punggol will surpass bishan pricing then?
sgpropertyblog likes this.
Nobody1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 02:49 AM   #857
High Supremacy Member

Yes, the cheapest 2 bdrms units available now at RF is $944k.. those transaction tat u pulled out is ady sold-units..
My point is, compare apples to apples.
weng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #858

Last weekend, nothing to do, so I went in take a look at 4 bedder best facing stack.
Not impress with the layout for the following reasons:
1) there’s one common bedroom only 7.1sqm nia, super small. However, masterbed room was spacious I must say. Other common bed rooms have size around 8.9sqm.
2) there’s a super small balcony in the master bed room, looks more like a planter than a decent size balcony. (I always like to have a decent size balcony in masterbed room. However, if it is too small like planter size, I rather not have it and prefer masterbed room w/o balcony instead)
3) got one common toilet very small, got a wall protruding, making the pangsai area very small. weird looking.
4) the estimate price they quote was high, 1.5x to 1.6 mil for the best stack 4 bedder for a 13xxsqft (facing waterway PCN and pool). But of cos, it’s just their estimation, not confirm yet.

On the contrary, 3 bedder of size 11xxsqft, looks better in terms of layout.

Overall, furnishing so so nia. After all, it’s an EC.

yeah, agree that the showflat model for the 4bdrms type are not so fantastic, they have other better 4bdrms layout, duno why they never feature the better ones ?? some don't have Junior Master, so the rest of the common room size is slightly bigger..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 09:06 AM   #859

You sure "SK ec confirm wont earn as much as punggol"? At least anchorvale now is a cluster of private condo unlike sumang which is surrounded by hdb.

I personally think there is an over-hype over the punggol masterplan. Half of it is the 2nd tier university which is the half closer to piermont. The other half is just a business / industrial park that is near the new punggol coast mrt, 1 mrt stop away from punggol mrt. Not as if there is going to be more recreational facilities or shopping malls...
different ppl have different thinking.. if you are surrounded by all the condos, next time when u wana exit, your potential buyer will see all the condos in your cluster and compare .. ultimately, your pricing will also be affected cos trying to 'compete' with the rest of the condo

surrounded by hdb - who will be your potential buyer of piermont in future ? those HDB upgraders that stays nearby you, whom are not eligible to buy during launch date ( those HDB surrounding Piermont haven't MOP yet as of now)..

Those who stay in Punggol will notice that we don't have this condo 'enclave' cluster.. all the condos are well scattered all over punggol.. so each will have its unique selling points.. ie those who wants near to Global Intl Sch, they will look at Flo / Waterwoods.. those who wants near Horizon Pri Sch, will look at Riverparc / River Isle.. etc..

Lets take the new anchorvale EC for example, yes, its surrounded mostly by condos, you have The Vales , Treasure Crest , Bellewater and new EC.. your future buyer for your EC wont be these guys.. in fact, there are your 'competitors' .. tis is just my thoughts, of course you will have to do your due diligence checks yourself…
Old 22-07-2019, 09:12 AM   #860

Definitely there are pros and cons for sumang and anchorvale. I would argue otherwise that being surrounded by HDBs will devalue your property.

Anchorvale also has the huge riverside park and sports centre just a short walk away. I am not sure what sumang has that makes it more family friendly? The waterway?

I am not interested in both projects so I am just offering my unbiased opinions.
yea la,both has its unique selling points.. Anchorvale EC got GH just right across , Sumang EC doesn't.. Sumang EC got PDD, Anchorvale doesn't.. bla bla.. so very difficult to say which is the better one.. ultimately, its depending on buyer's needs and preference.. those in Sengkang will stick back to Sengkang and vice versa.. like me, I would choose Punggol anytime over Sengkang cos used to Punggol le even though its just 'next door neighbour' .. and also cos my kids are studying in Punggol..
Old 22-07-2019, 09:12 AM   #861
Banned

different ppl have different thinking.. if you are surrounded by all the condos, next time when u wana exit, your potential buyer will see all the condos in your cluster and compare .. ultimately, your pricing will also be affected cos trying to 'compete' with the rest of the condo

surrounded by hdb - who will be your potential buyer of piermont in future ? those HDB upgraders that stays nearby you, whom are not eligible to buy during launch date ( those HDB surrounding Piermont haven't MOP yet as of now)..

Those who stay in Punggol will notice that we don't have this condo 'enclave' cluster.. all the condos are well scattered all over punggol.. so each will have its unique selling points.. ie those who wants near to Global Intl Sch, they will look at Flo / Waterwoods.. those who wants near Horizon Pri Sch, will look at Riverparc / River Isle.. etc..

Lets take the new anchorvale EC for example, yes, its surrounded mostly by condos, you have The Vales , Treasure Crest , Bellewater and new EC.. your future buyer for your EC wont be these guys.. in fact, there are your 'competitors' .. tis is just my thoughts, of course you will have to do your due diligence checks yourself…
Ok la.. I guess these punggol upgraders wound't mind living near HDB and don't appreciate privacy. You win the point. However, don't expect those higher tier "atas" ppl to consider such condo.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 09:15 AM   #862
Banned

I would choose Punggol anytime over Sengkang cos used to Punggol le even though its just 'next door neighbour' .. and also cos my kids are studying in Punggol..
Not aiming for your kids to go to raffles, hwa chong, acsi or nush?
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #863

If punggol is not a better location, there wont be so many families moving there. Safra is already plus point but not sure why many like safra. haha.

Tampines EC can jack up the price but then again, buyers will start to compare again. It also not near the mrt. Q bay residences is near TP which i quite like it when i was there.
since u mentioned Safra, I renew my membership while still staying in punggol thinking can swim there instead of going to SK.
so disappointed, seems like our SAF also became a commercial minded organisation. No swimming pool, is there a gym? Every corner also rented out to restaurants, bowling, ktv, kids water play etc. Is so drifted from the core of what a Safra is for.
why our new era govt is all about money.
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 09:31 AM   #864

Not aiming for your kids to go to raffles, hwa chong, acsi or nush?
lols.. must see my own kids oso ma.. dun have the 'potential' better dun try my luck, at the end, I oso stress when they canot cope.. of course if they can go to top school would be good, but if its too far, distance would be a big concern for me as I am the one fetching / sending them to school everyday.. and its gonna a long 8 years commitment for me ( my kids age gap is 2 yrs apart ) ..
Old 22-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #865

Ok la.. I guess these punggol upgraders wound't mind living near HDB and don't appreciate privacy. You win the point. However, don't expect those higher tier "atas" ppl to consider such condo.
no la, just sharing my point of view, nothing to win la... of cos, if you talk about Punggol condo's, you hardly get those rich tycoons coming in to grab a unit here.. they probably will look at D9/D10.. those that buy condo in Punggol are mostly HDB upgraders or 'new citizen' ..
Old 22-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #866

since u mentioned Safra, I renew my membership while still staying in punggol thinking can swim there instead of going to SK.
so disappointed, seems like our SAF also became a commercial minded organisation. No swimming pool, is there a gym? Every corner also rented out to restaurants, bowling, ktv, kids water play etc. Is so drifted from the core of what a Safra is for.
why our new era govt is all about money.
Was expecting Punggol Safra to have a swimming pool too and was disappointed when it opened in 2015 without one.

Apparently, the Punggol Safra swimming pool will only be built and opened together with the massive Punggol Sports and Recreational regional hub once it's completed in 2021.

On the bright side, Punggol Safra now has an e-mart store which opened in June.
PrataKosong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 09:44 AM   #867

side track : last day of e-application and showflat viewing today!! those who are still considering, please submit your e-application and then slowly consider.. showflat close at 8pm sharp..once past the cut-off time, the developer wont be able to log in to the system to submit your application le
annetyu likes this.
Old 22-07-2019, 09:57 AM   #868

Bro, who doesnt but that comes at a premium price which is why location is very important. If you buy the house with nothing nearby, gg. wait 5 years change house.

For some ppl, they always like to change house every 5 years. I dont understand why. in order for you to earn money, you must have holding power aka waiting time.
Actually my flat is already next to MRT and has those amenities, and there will also be a shopping centre and community centre built next to the MRT in a few years. My flat is in a great location, so I'm in a dilemma whether to move to a bigger place or stay on in this flat.

Yesterday the agent informed me that the actual price will be released on 25 July afternoon, so I will have only one day to decide whether to show up for the balloting.
Braun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #869

Actually my flat is already next to MRT and has those amenities, and there will also be a shopping centre and community centre built next to the MRT in a few years. My flat is in a great location, so I'm in a dilemma whether to move to a bigger place or stay on in this flat.

Yesterday the agent informed me that the actual price will be released on 25 July afternoon, so I will have only one day to decide whether to show up for the balloting.
Yea, price will be released on 25th.. u have up to 27th to decide la.. but having said that, second timers quota is only at 30% for that day, very high chance the quota will be up on 27th cos majority is 2nd timers.. so even if u wana get a unit oso no guarantee can get.. depends on your luck ..
Old 22-07-2019, 10:16 AM   #870

Yea, price will be released on 25th.. u have up to 27th to decide la.. but having said that, second timers quota is only at 30% for that day, very high chance the quota will be up on 27th cos majority is 2nd timers.. so even if u wana get a unit oso no guarantee can get.. depends on your luck ..

In that case, I probably shouldn't waste my time going to the balloting, moreover the 4 bedroom units price will probably be too expensive.
Braun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.