HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

New EC at Sumang Walk

Like Tree739Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #976
Master Member

How many ppl e-app doesnt change how the ec will perform. You have to do your homework n compare to see if its worth the price. Its alot of work and not like some just keep typing wall of texts.

If you are considering this ec, i can also suggest to look at those nearby condo but depends on your budget.
I can’t buy ec. I go there just kaypoh only since there’s so much debate here.
I ask for a comparison of number of applicants (betw sumang and Rivercove) just to have a sensing of public sentiments.
Of cos, the actual sales during the actual launch day could tell a different story.
sgpropertyblog likes this.

Last edited by NiShiZhu; 23-07-2019 at 07:28 PM..
NiShiZhu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 07:30 PM   #977

I canít buy ec. I go there just kaypoh only since thereís so much debate here.
I ask for a comparison of number of applicants (betw sumang and Rivercove) just to have a sensing of public sentiments.
Of cos, the actual sales during the actual day could tell a different story.
Power la. u go there but cannot go in i think plus you want to squeeze meh? I dare to say sold out (just a matter of time).
sukidexun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 07:31 PM   #978
Banned

I canít buy ec. I go there just kaypoh only since thereís so much debate here.
Of cos, the actual sales during the actual launch day could tell a different story.
Just like you, there are many punggol hdb residents go and kaypoh and see see only without any intention of buying but got coerced by agents to do e-app. Hence I would say the 1600 is actually a low number of e-apps as half will not be buying.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 07:35 PM   #979
Master Member

Power la. u go there but cannot go in i think plus you want to squeeze meh? I dare to say sold out (just a matter of time).
I only visit the showflat and interested to see its layout and quality only.
Wonít be present on actual day, but will camp here to get updates from u guys
Old 23-07-2019, 07:38 PM   #980
Master Member

Just like you, there are many punggol hdb residents go and kaypoh and see see only without any intention of buying but got coerced by agents to do e-app. Hence I would say the 1600 is actually a low number of e-apps as half will not be buying.

Yap, I won’t dispute on that.
Anyway, I reject doing the e app.
That’s y I was keen to know when Rivercove launch, theres how many applicants during that time to get a sensing.
Old 23-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #981
Arch-Supremacy Member

The next few launches sites aren't good as well to be honest.. tampines ave 10, imagine priced at 1k plus PSF, santorini, alps, qbay etc are just slightly older and selling at the same price.
Same thought for tampines, I think it's getting really over priced but I still see demand. Thus, it's not surprising it's happening for Punggol as well.
windwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 08:24 PM   #982

Same thought for tampines, I think it's getting really over priced but I still see demand. Thus, it's not surprising it's happening for Punggol as well.
Thatís the sad truth, 16xx psf was once upon a time you can get a CCR D9/10/11 property. But now can only get RCR and OCR.
Passerboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 08:52 PM   #983

Reading all the comments, I think at the end of the day, everyone here is simply speculating on consumer sentiments. Ultimately, sentiments cannot always be rationalised. Why do people prefer new launches even with higher price tag? Why do some prefer staying punggol instead of more central locations? Nobody can really explain sometimes.

Yes, punggol property is unlikely to climb beyond those in central regions, but whether piermont will sell higher than now will depend on what happens to the economy in the next 7-8 years right? Again, one can only speculate what happens in the future.

Maybe some just want to stay in a younger town, now equipped with rather good amenities. Maybe they want a new property (not just on the interior but also the exterior), yet wouldnt want to spend their life savings on something much more expensive in a central location. Really, it takes only 30 min by public transport to get from any fringe areas to town in Singapore after all.

One thing at least I feel is a plus point for punggol, is how neat the town feels compared to many others. Despite more flats being built there, it still doesnt feel as cluttered as some other towns (e.g. tampines, clementi, jurong).

Just feel that everyone shouldnt be so absolute in their opinion here, just have to share a objective view and watch how the sales turn out.
frigatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 09:50 PM   #984

I am actually an EC owner who bought a unit in Punggol after staying in HDB (Punggol) for more than 10 years. Initially I wanted to buy Prive EC in 2013 but due to unforeseen circumstances, I did not buy. And that time, the resale price of 5 room was very high in this area.
Thinking back, if I have sold my HDB in 2013, I would have earned an additional $150k. In the end, I only sold it in 2017 and although still earned a profit but was $150k lesser. I would have finished off paying the loan within a year.
Having say that, the EC which I bought in 2017 did not have resale levy and I am relieved to buy it at $800 psf thinking back now.
ynwa00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 10:13 PM   #985
SBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am actually an EC owner who bought a unit in Punggol after staying in HDB (Punggol) for more than 10 years. Initially I wanted to buy Prive EC in 2013 but due to unforeseen circumstances, I did not buy. And that time, the resale price of 5 room was very high in this area.
Thinking back, if I have sold my HDB in 2013, I would have earned an additional $150k. In the end, I only sold it in 2017 and although still earned a profit but was $150k lesser. I would have finished off paying the loan within a year.
Having say that, the EC which I bought in 2017 did not have resale levy and I am relieved to buy it at $800 psf thinking back now.
So brilliance! Why dun the rest had followed then?

Letís see how many hours will this EC be sold out ?
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #986
Master Member

Just FYI, the second plot of EC in Canberra is here. (circled)
1993newbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 08:24 AM   #987
High Supremacy Member

Sumang walk cfm good sales de la

Punggol households r usually young n affluent

I hav 3 couple frens staying there with hh income 16k n above, all lamenting to me y sumang walk was not avail earlier!!!

Plus its branded CDL!! A sign of top notch quality.

Buy now or regret later. Dun say I nvr recommend hoh. Next time 15xx for EC liao dun come cry father cry mother!!!
ahboy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #988
Banned

Sumang walk cfm good sales de la

Punggol households r usually young n affluent

I hav 3 couple frens staying there with hh income 16k n above, all lamenting to me y sumang walk was not avail earlier!!!

Plus its branded CDL!! A sign of top notch quality.

Buy now or regret later. Dun say I nvr recommend hoh. Next time 15xx for EC liao dun come cry father cry mother!!!
Please recommend all your good friends to buy sumang ec.

If next time ec $1,500psf, it means our other properties will be $3,000psf. Lets see who laughs louder.
annetyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 08:54 AM   #989

I always wanted to ask you this question but keep forgetting.
You mentioned sumang has around 1600 applicants.
What about Rivercove that time? Do u still recall?
Because this may give us some hints how this sumang ec will perform. Thanks.

sorry, cant recall the exact numbers lioa..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2019, 08:59 AM   #990

of cos.. no doubt about tis.. sometimes buyer just submit for the sake of knowing the pricing, once price comes out, sure will have some that 'drop-out'.. a very conservative figure, even if half drop-out, still got about 800 applicants..
sgpropertyblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.