New EC at Sumang Walk

bojangle

Reaction score
don't forget 30% MSR

not many couples can afford $1.5m with both restrictions in place

that's why almost every ec u will see some units put up for sales before MOP as they over-stretched themselves till can't take it any longer and hdb granted permission to sell earlier or bank possessed. Some even only 1 or 2 yrs, and many times bcos of this financial issues, they divorced. :(

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Because you kept on saying CDL /SPH using 'nice words'.

This is what Zetrio2006 has stated :
Piermont Grand - Best Selling by number of units sold on launch day in 2019
Sky Everton - Best Selling by % sold
Treasures - Best Selling by total number of units sold in 2019

How can I miss anything when I bought a property during the big recession?

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Few developers buckled under pressure in 2015-2016.
And they were right for resisting the price cut as the market went up since.
We are at 5 year high.
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/re...guine-about-selling-out-before-absd-deadlines

That's because your eyes are solely on the developers and not on the buyers who may face rising interest rates coupled with an inevitable economic downturn due to the nature of economic cycles.

MSR of 30% will not be 30% if one of the income is lost and interest rates rises. It will be substantially higher.

Of course, all these are a moot point if Singapore continues with economic boom and no recession for the next 30 years continuous.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
don't forget 30% MSR

not many couples can afford $1.5m with both restrictions in place

The remaining unsold sumang ec is more of an affordability issue with buyers I think.

4 and 5 bedrooms are quite hard to rent out or sell. For own stay is very good though.

2nd timers too young, not enough cash. Too old, not enough years to loan. Aiyoh

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
You don't look like you will benefit greatly from a rise in prices, so why try so hard to talk up prices?

You may be looking to buy a 2nd property for investment one day and be disgusted by the pathetic rental yields.

Which sentence does I seems to talk up price? This is merely my opinion which I believe u cannot agree with. So be it. But this Samsung ec should be sold out within 2 years, if not 1 year, this you will agree right? If based on recent EC sales trend like brownstone or even visionare where the launch sales is even worse than this Samsung EC. And it also means this Samsung ec is considered have a good start or good sales. In fact, when they reach the last 20% of unsold units, they can even consider raising prices like what all EC done in the past when almost sold out. But since Samsung ec price is already so close to private condo, I dun think they can even raise the price alot. Hehe

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
This confirm best selling ec in 2019.... Cos there is no other ec to compete with!

Come to think of it, if an EC, with a govt intended discount to PC, cannot be among the best selling property launch among all other PC launches, it would have been a massive failure.

It's like a duh.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Rising interest was the issue a few years & it did go up.
And yet Singapore properties /REITs did not fall.
It was a non issue as the base & the rise were low & gradual. MAS had Absd,LTV etc etc in place to prevent overborrowing.

Fed may even lower it soon like you said good for your reits.

Singapore govt would be flexible with economic /housing policies if needed.
Too many Singaporean wealth is at stake if the property market crashes.

That's because your eyes are solely on the developers and not on the buyers who may face rising interest rates coupled with an inevitable economic downturn due to the nature of economic cycles

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont underestimate the family support,like your multimillionaire parents in-law.
3 generations can stay in.

How to get 1500 ft 4/5 rooms for $1.5 million @ new PC nowadays?

The remaining unsold sumang ec is more of an affordability issue with buyers I think.

2nd timers too young, not enough cash. Too old, not enough years to loan. Aiyoh

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Read carefully :
The 46 per cent sales achieved as of 6pm on Sunday (July 28) "makes Piermont Grand by far the best-selling property launch in 2019", said developer City Developments Limited (CDL) in a media release.

This confirm best selling ec in 2019.... Cos there is no other ec to compete with!

nonagent

Reaction score
How can I miss anything when I bought a property during the big recession?

My flat was still under MOP during the recession so I bought a FH commercial property. I've been collecting rent on that property for many years now and the property value has doubled. And I've fully paid the property loan two years ago.

It's better to have two properties than just upgrading your home, where you can't rent to generate income and paper profits that can't be realized unless you sell your home.

You can also take an equity loan on your existing property(must be private of course) to buy another property or do other investments. This is how people are able to build a property portfolio.

batdow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u be surprised many ec buyers r just fresh grads but make downpayment 80% becos is gift from parents.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont underestimate the family support,like your multimillionaire parents in-law.
3 generations can stay in.

How to get 1500 ft 4/5 rooms for $1.5 million @ new PC nowadays?

Too bad for myself, it's all assets and tied up in illiquid properties over 2 countries. Not that much liquid cash from them.

Good that property market can keep drying all those liquidity.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Rising interest was the issue a few years & it did go up.
And yet Singapore properties /REITs did not fall.
It was a non issue as the base & the rise were low & gradual. MAS had Absd,LTV etc etc in place to prevent overborrowing.

Fed may even lower it soon like you said good for your reits.

Singapore govt would be flexible with economic /housing policies if needed.
Too many Singaporean wealth is at stake if the property market crashes.

Yeah, it went up, but still a low 2+%.
Are you very sure the mortgage rates will never rise to 5% (2007 rates) and beyond in the next 10 years?

But doesn't matter. Singaporeans very rich anyway.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Some young couples may discuss with the not-so-rich parents.
They may buy later & not the first weekend.

For some parents, paying part of it after selling off hdb flats.
And stay in one of the 4/5 rooms /taking care grandchildren.

u be surprised many ec buyers r just fresh grads but make downpayment 80% becos is gift from parents.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
That's to show many many potential EC buyers hiding & ready to pound once they sensed it had bottomed up.
Ulu Sol Acres in CCK with >1300 units also was stagnant sale initially but all gone by 2017.

Northwave and Parc Life fully sold.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
That's to show many many potential EC buyers hiding & ready to pound once they sensed it had bottomed up.
Ulu Sol Acres in CCK with >1300 units also was stagnant sale initially but all gone by 2017.

Its all buying on fear and scared of missing the boat because of the land bid prices.

S$1,080 avg was alr below the indicative prices, would have expected it to sell better at that price.

Will you take responsibility for your words? Or just disappear again :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.