New EC at Sumang Walk

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
Cheaper, no, you are correct. Similar, maybe.
If you want to go by cheapest psf comparison, Riverfront residences has some transactions done around $1200 psf. Selected units (likely lesser demand ones) have extra discounts.

What do you get for that extra amount? 5 mins (not 10 mins) walk to Hougang MRT which is 17 mins to dhoby ghaut, upcoming cross island mrt line making Hougang MRT an interchange.

If I miss out anything, do correct me. Appreciated.
7-A5-F9-B50-914-E-4-B26-8-BB9-2-B187-B671-C91.png
[/url] upload images[/IMG]

5mins walk? Care to share how to walk to hougang mrt in 5mins when its like 1.3km? But i think if cut across the hdb, maybe still can reach in 10mins..dont get me wrong, im not against Riverfront, i sell Riverfront Residences also!!

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Whether absd / 99 year renewal or not, a winner developer must consider the TOTAL cost to bid and makes profits later.
The higher the profit the better.

dylodocus

Reaction score
Is this still accurate for house loans? Let me know what you guys think.

The Best Personal Loans in Singapore with Lowest Interest Rates (2019):

HSBC Personal Loan.
Standard Chartered personal loan (Standard Chartered CashOne)
DBS Personal Loan / POSB Personal Loan.
CIMB personal loan (CIMB CashLite)
Citibank personal loan (Quick Cash)

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
7-A5-F9-B50-914-E-4-B26-8-BB9-2-B187-B671-C91.png
[/url] upload images[/IMG]

5mins walk? Care to share how to walk to hougang mrt in 5mins when its like 1.3km? But i think if cut across the hdb, maybe still can reach in 10mins..dont get me wrong, im not against Riverfront, i sell Riverfront Residences also!!
Thanks for the correction!

I took the info from one of websites out there without any verification yet. Damn I was cheated 😥

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
All these websites by agents usually downplay the time taken to walk to mrt one. I still remember during rivercove ec one of the article wrote walk 10mins to sengkang mrt...hahaha

Another website said 5 minutes walk from RF to Hougang One. Rubbish!!

Rivercove area I walked to SK MRT before. About 25+ to almost 30+ mins.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Capitaland, Keppel Land and Guccoland.

CDL just soso I feel.

Guocoland good? But sims urban oasis like so-so only, of cos the midtown and some other guocoland projects looks good.

But I think CDL and capitaland are the two good ones.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another website said 5 minutes walk from RF to Hougang One. Rubbish!!

Rivercove area I walked to SK MRT before. About 25+ to almost 30+ mins.

Haha but it was launched much cheaper than the expected price published at $1400-$1600psf.

jeffthepotato

Reaction score
Some locations

Mind to share which resale ec or condo that u find present great value and potential for further appreciation?

Not the poster but though these locations may bbs interesting to consider:

There are many of them. But some of the ones you can find are mostly in these locations. A few hundreds of them in propertyguru at the moment.

Canberra-Yishun-sembawang Not the best location but if you travel to Malaysia a lot, you might appreciate it. Upcoming development like Northpoint and Bukit Canberra as well other developments in the area. Prices are very cheap at the moment. Could be the next Punggol.

Bukit Panjang Springleaf Woodlands Upcoming MRT. Still very affordable. And set to improve connectivity as the next hub.

Loyang Changi Pasir Ris Near airport and most developments are freehold. Rock-bottom price and can only go up. Once the new MRT comes up in the next decade or so, the biggest issue of connectivity will be solved. You need to be very patient though.

Geylang Unconventional but cheap and central. May face issues with the banks at certain areas. But the price is unbeatable for a CCR location at below OCR price.

There are more but these are the one with the most potentials. The locations are not ideal but I believed they are quite cheap and undervalued at the moment.

Path-Finder

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing 😉

Not the poster but though these locations may bbs interesting to consider:

There are many of them. But some of the ones you can find are mostly in these locations. A few hundreds of them in propertyguru at the moment.

Canberra-Yishun-sembawang Not the best location but if you travel to Malaysia a lot, you might appreciate it. Upcoming development like Northpoint and Bukit Canberra as well other developments in the area. Prices are very cheap at the moment. Could be the next Punggol.

Bukit Panjang Springleaf Woodlands Upcoming MRT. Still very affordable. And set to improve connectivity as the next hub.

Loyang Changi Pasir Ris Near airport and most developments are freehold. Rock-bottom price and can only go up. Once the new MRT comes up in the next decade or so, the biggest issue of connectivity will be solved. You need to be very patient though.

Geylang Unconventional but cheap and central. May face issues with the banks at certain areas. But the price is unbeatable for a CCR location at below OCR price.

There are more but these are the one with the most potentials. The locations are not ideal but I believed they are quite cheap and undervalued at the moment.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, it is said that Canberra EC will launch higher than Sumang?

Personally, I feel the Canberra EC to be better, it’s near to Canberra MRT (3 mins walk I think?) with an upcoming Canberra plaza, and it appeals to people who likes to go JB.

It may be marketed to ride on the woodlands transformation.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.