New EC at Sumang Walk

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Many buy BMW/ ECs / private properties for better lifestyle.
And the potential higher gain in the later too.
Many chiong the better BTOs when basically all flats are livable.

Don't assume simply they slave over them.
Many do not feel the $stress$.
And life is short. :o

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
If eligible for HDB bto, then no brainer lah. Those income between 12k to 14k how? Their next better choice is EC. If today bto ceiling also 14k, then good luck to Samsung ec project.

If earn below 12k and prefer EC could be cannot get queue number for bto for good location. 1 thing strange is fernvale area bto always not oversubscribed one, so pretty easy to get queue number lah. Not sure y not popular even though bto price is cheap and sure can profit 100k to 200k easily. But usually bto and EC are for long term stay so buyers wanted better location bah

probably cos Fernvale public transport not so conveninent? I have tough time trying to rent out units in Fernvale even though its newly MOP and asking price is reasonable.. and the resale prices for newly MOP units are also quite low compared to other areas of Sengkang / Punggol..

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score

Cars and Private housing yes. Many can just buy easily

EC got income limit leh, household income somemore, unless got big wads of cash lying around

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
probably cos Fernvale public transport not so conveninent? I have tough time trying to rent out units in Fernvale even though its newly MOP and asking price is reasonable.. and the resale prices for newly MOP units are also quite low compared to other areas of Sengkang / Punggol..
By trying to rent, I'm guessing High Park?
We had some discussions a few pages earlier and had an idea that because many new MOP flats and new condo launches and new bto around Fernvale which makes it hard to rent because of an oversupply of it. Any insights on the possibility?

I went for the High Park launch previously and the agent that showed us around was so positive on the potentially hot rental demand in the area, and about not missing out on the North South corridor or something like that.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Yes yes. Buy EC sure earn. 300k no problem.

And yes many many people can easily afford 1.2mil property and up. No stress. No need to slave. Yolo right?

That's why I say I too incapable to afford a bigger place. I also too lazy to really find actual work to go afford. :(

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Yes yes. Buy EC sure earn. 300k no problem.

And yes many many people can easily afford 1.2mil property and up. No stress. No need to slave. Yolo right?

You sure this sumang ec only earn 300k after MOP. Sumang is part of the HUGE transformation in Punggol leh, Punggol is the next big thing. $1,100psf only.... Should be at least 500k in earnings I reckon! ;)

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
By trying to rent, I'm guessing High Park?
We had some discussions a few pages earlier and had an idea that because many new MOP flats and new condo launches and new bto around Fernvale which makes it hard to rent because of an oversupply of it. Any insights on the possibility?

I went for the High Park launch previously and the agent that showed us around was so positive on the potentially hot rental demand in the area, and about not missing out on the North South corridor or something like that.

Mine was HDB units.. yea, the supply oso makes it more competitive to find tenants.. furthermore, location oso so-so oni..

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Mine was HDB units.. yea, the supply oso makes it more competitive to find tenants.. furthermore, location oso so-so oni..

Sumang and fernvale like same-same?

When visiting high park showflat, the agent never say the location "so-so" leh. Was she lying when she mentioned about the huge pool of tenants from seletar aerospace park? :s22:

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Sumang and fernvale like same-same?

When visiting high park showflat, the agent never say the location "so-so" leh. Was she lying when she mentioned about the huge pool of tenants from seletar aerospace park? :s22:
The agent wasn't lying nor does she has any intention to I believe. The info always from their property company and the developer.

I mean, it is just beside the "famed Jalan Kayu eatery" and walking distance to Seletar Mall.

But it was really quite fun to be watching a late night movie at seletar mall and then walking home after that. Those were the days when without kids 😂

Last edited:

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Been reading some financial reports.
Sharing from Hongkong Land on its view of SG property market

Hongkong Land’s management reiterated its stance that Singapore remains a key market that it can make meaningful large investments in. However, it warned that Singapore’s residential market is experiencing a supply overhang, representing “4 to 5 years” of unsold inventory. As such, it will be more cautious when bidding for residential development sites in the foreseeable future.​

Doesn't mean psf will be cheaper, just that developers will be more cautious.
Jiayou! Please buy buy to help clear stock leh.

Last edited:

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Positive news next. With currency war after trade war, likelyhood of inflation. We may see psf prices rising yet again. $1200 ~ $1500 psf doesn't look that impossible.

But... inflation is also going to means the daily expenses are going up as well.

Dyodd.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
General inflation is inevitable, mild and never a big issue for most of us.
For those who are contemplating ECs or private
private,the number 1 for them is rising psf /good units.
And most can't overborrow too if you want to.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
General inflation is inevitable, mild and never a big issue for most of us.
For those who are contemplating ECs or private
private,the number 1 for them is rising psf /good units.
And most can't overborrow too if you want to.

This time it may likely not be a mild type of inflation, but a rather major one.

SG has to increase the money supply due to the currency war or risks being too expensive for MNCs to do business here. Likely will see inflation in not just property prices, but also everything, including oil, food, etc.

But all these will have to end eventually. And that's where the headache begins.
When everything winds down (expectation abt 10 years), and massive recession sets in, those with high property loans will be the ones that will find it tough. :(

Edit: I doubt salaries will rise by the same amount though

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.