NOV 2016 - Bedok Becon/North Vale/South Horizon BTO

meshpenstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually i was thinking the plot of land in front will also be around 16 - 18 storey high cos the height limit is same as bedok south horizon.. so meaning no matter where 5rm owners get, will surely get blocked lor... wah... thats whats the point of paying such a premium for the 5 rm... -.-

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

It could be higher.... the height depends a lot of the plot to height ratio.
If the whole are is 1 or 2 projects, you may use costa del sol as a reference (which is down the stretch).

meshpenstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello future neighbours~ wondering if any of you know roughly when will hdb start the selection appointments and how many queue numbers they will arrange per work day? Im going overseas around middle of next month and don't want to miss it >.<

HDB will start their selection in Feb.
What is your number? If yours is >400, I do not think it will be in Feb.
Since we are unsure if they are starting the selection early or late Feb.
Assuming they starts mid feb, and have an approx. 10-20 applications a day. We looking at around 200 applications to be completed by Feb. Considering a higher than expected output of another 100 applications, any one with > 300 should start in March.

And logically, Feb BTO results should be in April and selections should start May. So, they may want to end the majority of the selections by then. (I know the May BTO 2016 is still having selections now) So, from Feb to April, they will need to at least finish 100% of the applicants within the unit number (7XX) That is about 250 applications each month.

The above are just my deductions from possible timeline I know. Since we won't know the take up rate, I can only assume they will clear 100% units applications by then, and the remaining unbooked units will be disperse throughout the months after.

meshpenstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say the chances are very slim. Since there are only 300 4 room at beacon.

What is your take on the drop out rate for this project?

15%? considering it is a mature estate.. or 20% like the rest of the projects (saw it in the forum)

If I have a queue number of 83*, what are my chances of choosing a unit?

meshpenstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suddenly it sounds like i kana "cheated" by govt with the assumption of possible sea view ... hahahahahaha

There is definitely a possibility of sea view. Since we do not know exactly what the plot is used for. However, unlikely it is allocated to golf course. (since we have Laguna besides and these years are not too kind to golf course)
Recreational centers often at the other side of the expressway. While I do not see a commercial project going on there, but hard to say. This is a far way from Parkway, which is down the street. Chances of it being office buildings will be slim, since it is also near CCP. Private residential projects seems most likely, with public residential projects coming next (which I also doubt)

You can hope it will be separated into several projects, so the height will be lower.

Initiatives

Reaction score
What is your take on the drop out rate for this project?

15%? considering it is a mature estate.. or 20% like the rest of the projects (saw it in the forum)

If I have a queue number of 83*, what are my chances of choosing a unit?

Yes I forsee the drop out rate to be lower than other projects. People who applied bedok instead of kallang and bidadari which is more centralized would mean that they are either already in the east or families are in the east. I would think that no one who lives in jurong or like cck would want to move to another side of sg.

For bidadari Feb16, there was also around 20% drop out rate. My queue number is around 106x out of 800ish units. My appointment was cancelled by hdb less than 1 week before my actual appointment date. I would have gotten a chance to choose if not for the ethic quota.

83X I would say choosing a unit shouldn't be an issue. But then again, I am not expert. Just sharing what I feel based on my past experience.

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
There is definitely a possibility of sea view. Since we do not know exactly what the plot is used for. However, unlikely it is allocated to golf course. (since we have Laguna besides and these years are not too kind to golf course)
Recreational centers often at the other side of the expressway. While I do not see a commercial project going on there, but hard to say. This is a far way from Parkway, which is down the street. Chances of it being office buildings will be slim, since it is also near CCP. Private residential projects seems most likely, with public residential projects coming next (which I also doubt)

You can hope it will be separated into several projects, so the height will be lower.
Ya i also think most likely its private residential projects to get the most $$$ out of the plot of land... i think cant be toooo high like coasta del sol cos its closer to airport liao mah... that stretch onwards leading to airport bo tall buildings mah, correct?

meshpenstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I forsee the drop out rate to be lower than other projects. People who applied bedok instead of kallang and bidadari which is more centralized would mean that they are either already in the east or families are in the east. I would think that no one who lives in jurong or like cck would want to move to another side of sg.

For bidadari Feb16, there was also around 20% drop out rate. My queue number is around 106x out of 800ish units. My appointment was cancelled by hdb less than 1 week before my actual appointment date. I would have gotten a chance to choose if not for the ethic quota.

83X I would say choosing a unit shouldn't be an issue. But then again, I am not expert. Just sharing what I feel based on my past experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Based on a drop out rate of 15%, I should still have about 40 units for choosing. That is pretty decent, in my opinion. And with the amount of units available, I do not think the ethnic quota is going be a problem.

meshpenstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya i also think most likely its private residential projects to get the most $$$ out of the plot of land... i think cant be toooo high like coasta del sol cos its closer to airport liao mah... that stretch onwards leading to airport bo tall buildings mah, correct?

It is not that near airport. But no, there are not many high buildings there.

Initiatives

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

Based on a drop out rate of 15%, I should still have about 40 units for choosing. That is pretty decent, in my opinion. And with the amount of units available, I do not think the ethnic quota is going be a problem.

Actually horizon is not bad also. Got future mrt line. And the blocks are more spaced out. Unlike beacon. Went down on Sunday to the site. The plot of land is really small for 3 blocks. And playground and carpark. Haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.