HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #1576

I got a unit at 107 from RoF. Haven't moved in yet but the last scouting trip I did, supermarket is up and I saw some of the shop houses near it being renovated. Clinics and stuff so it's slowly being populated.

I don't mind walking since it's like the only exercise i get but it looks like about 1.2km walk to the MRT when it opens. I heard the shuttle service wait time is going down as the number of people staying there increases. Plus if I can't get a unit near MRT/town hub, might as well stay at the secondary hub area.

I prefer the eastbrook side cos looks quieter and I like the giant longkang and greenery opposite it. Nice place to take afternoon/evening stroll.
Thanks for that!
Is the supermarket Sheng Shiong like what CherryBee mentioned? Is it a big store? haha

Roughly how long does it take to walk to the Canberra MRT side?
Oh, what shuttle service is there? Where does it go to/from?

Yeah, I saw the forest place across the longkang too. Do you know if there's any plans on what that place would become? Cos the previous time i went, it looked like they are clearing some trees.. but not too sure also.
talberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:05 PM   #1577

Thanks for that!
Is the supermarket Sheng Shiong like what CherryBee mentioned? Is it a big store? haha

Yeah, I saw the forest place across the longkang too. Do you know if there's any plans on what that place would become? Cos the previous time i went, it looked like they are clearing some trees.. but not too sure also.
yes I tried to research whole week to see what the forest will be replaced with next but cant find.. maybe a new monorail to JB? :p HEHE... I saw d forest too.. just scared may have snakes or what..
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:10 PM   #1578

Thanks for that!

Yes, it's the Sheng Shiong. It's quite big, almost entire floor. Looks quite well stocked.

The forest is part of Simpang. I don't think that there is any planned development for the time being but I'm not 100% sure. I think I read somewhere that in the future, it may be developed but probably like after Tengah or something so probably like a decade or 2 later.
Regretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #1579

I got a unit at 107 from RoF. Haven't moved in yet but the last scouting trip I did, supermarket is up and I saw some of the shop houses near it being renovated. Clinics and stuff so it's slowly being populated.

I don't mind walking since it's like the only exercise i get but it looks like about 1.2km walk to the MRT when it opens. I heard the shuttle service wait time is going down as the number of people staying there increases. Plus if I can't get a unit near MRT/town hub, might as well stay at the secondary hub area.

I prefer the eastbrook side cos looks quieter and I like the giant longkang and greenery opposite it. Nice place to take afternoon/evening stroll.
Hi just wanna ask will the longkang facing blk 119A smelly
Jenessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:42 PM   #1580

yes I tried to research whole week to see what the forest will be replaced with next but cant find.. maybe a new monorail to JB? :p HEHE... I saw d forest too.. just scared may have snakes or what..
I just looked at the URA 2014 master plan. It's reserved for a future Simpang New Town but no plans to start develop yet.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:46 PM   #1581

Hi just wanna ask will the longkang facing blk 119A smelly
No idea. I went down 4 times to take a look, different time of the day during Feb-April. Didn't detect any bad smells from both longkang along 107C. And I think they trying to make the big one nicer, saw construction works in the longkang itself. Maybe something similar to what they did at Potong Pasir.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:22 PM   #1582

Woodlands and sembawang slot was quite fast today
ylk0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:36 PM   #1583

Woodlands and sembawang slot was quite fast today
What do you mean quite fast?
Old 05-06-2018, 07:46 PM   #1584

I just looked at the URA 2014 master plan. It's reserved for a future Simpang New Town but no plans to start develop yet.
Where did you see this? Can't find it on their website haha
Old 05-06-2018, 08:11 PM   #1585

What do you mean quite fast?
Quite alot of flat has been taken
ylk0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:40 PM   #1586

My unit is nt facing simpang, it’s facing the playground hehe.
Actually eventho eastbrook is the furthest in, i think it’s ok leh.. later on when the shops all open it will be quite convenient. There is 1 salon and 1 k-cuts opened at 105 currently, gona have a dental clinic too. Sheng siong is good for last minute stock ups, quite a huge variety of items.

hey...blk 104.. and those 10* series..will be completed Q4 2019 only right? hmmm...

Sorry see wrongly..i just checkd d map..104/105 is all completed..cool.. is the place very dark at night if u see d forest behind heheh..
CherryBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:42 PM   #1587

Where did you see this? Can't find it on their website haha
It's all over the place. You sort of have to dig and read different sections. Their page is badly organised.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:02 PM   #1588

1st day of the start of selection and my fav unit has been taken
heybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:15 PM   #1589

lesser ppl turn up will be the best choice for us. I wonder what time is the 1st appointment for the day. ends around 5.10pm
9:15am. Itís first appointment for me for my area(:
Jenessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:46 PM   #1590
Master Member

9:15am. Itís first appointment for me for my area(:
Can know ur area?
m1kid85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.