November 2017 SBF

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Just Checked, my OTP is till 21.09.2018 :eek::eek::eek:
How? I think the OTP is meant for signing the agreement letter which the officer told me it's about 4-6 months whereas I need to make a 10% down payment.

There's a clause stated that OTP will expire 3 months from the date of option
If we do not exercise the option, HDB will forfeit our option fee.

So how?????

I am very puzzled with the HLE submission. Salaried applicant is 3 months payslips, self-employed needs lots of document(CBR, 12 months bank statements, Auditor report, etc). So long we are short of 1 document, we will not be able to submit the application. I had no choice but type letter using Microsoft Words then convert into PDF and submit to them as an attachment when I don't have that particular documents. I bet I will be receiving calls from HDB very soon:s13::s13:

Last edited:

Weeli85

Reaction score
How? I think the OTP is meant for signing the agreement letter which the officer told me it's about 4-6 months whereas I need to make a 10% down payment.

So how?????

I am very puzzled with the HLE submission. Salaried applicant is 3 months payslips, self-employed needs lots of document(CBR, 12 months bank statements, Auditor report, etc). So long we are short of 1 document, we will not be able to submit the application. I had no choice but type letter using Microsoft Words then convert into PDF and submit to them as an attachment when I don't have that particular documents. I bet I will be receiving calls from HDB very soon:s13::s13:

Think you call the officer to clarify will be better :p

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Think you call the officer to clarify will be better :p

I call lor... Seem like I'm quite free in the forum(kidding) :s13::s13:
Officer told me not to worry about the Option Fee getting forfeited. Once HDB scheduled the appointment date, we will just follow through and go sign the agreement and make down payment. If those ppl who don't attend the appointment date as given, then they will get their option fee forfeited.

Amex^1234

Reaction score
I call lor... Seem like I'm quite free in the forum(kidding) :s13::s13:
Officer told me not to worry about the Option Fee getting forfeited. Once HDB scheduled the appointment date, we will just follow through and go sign the agreement and make down payment. If those ppl who don't attend the appointment date as given, then they will get their option fee forfeited.

that also answered that OTP will not expired. lol :s22:

Amex^1234

Reaction score
saw this post in MAY SBF 2017 thread.. lol..

"any of your houses you realized its not very 'cleanse'? i noticed my service yard's door.. i always close all windows and lock the service yard door whenever we leave the house. but i realized it is always open when we arrive the next time we went there. last night, it was opened again. i told my husband this time we will lock it together and next Monday when we visit again, we will see if its open again. my brother asked us to do a test by pulling the door real hard when we lock it to see if its faulty (makes sense if we think scientifically la..) "

Monday21

Reaction score

So how?????

I did the same too. But they keep asking again and again unil I called the officer. She told me that if Im short of a payslilp or whatever docs due to some reason, I need to 'angkat sumpah'/statutory declaration at any HDB branch.. So we went down to declare what is needed, resubmitted and got our loan answers in a weeks time.

Anyway, I wanna ask, what is the highest grant amount under the married scheme you've ever heard so far?

semblady123

Reaction score
Why so cute?? :s13::s13::s13: U r so funny la.. haha

So how?????

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Why so cute?? :s13::s13::s13: U r so funny la.. haha

No choice lor... Their system is so........ I'm speechless. Looking at the OTP Expiry case you will know that the way and style is like insane. Not only me, but many ppl who read the clause will wonder... What will happen if signing of agreement letter comes after 3 months? Option fee forfeited? etc..... Should have stated clearly mah...

I just write "big big" and attached.

Mr So and So don't have such documents, should you have any doubts, please do not hesitate to contact SO and SO. (I signed off and leave my no. behind, waiting for them to call me and if they don't, I will call and pester them:s13::s13:)

Erinlmh

Reaction score
I did the same too. But they keep asking again and again unil I called the officer. She told me that if Im short of a payslilp or whatever docs due to some reason, I need to 'angkat sumpah'/statutory declaration at any HDB branch.. So we went down to declare what is needed, resubmitted and got our loan answers in a weeks time.

Anyway, I wanna ask, what is the highest grant amount under the married scheme you've ever heard so far?
I think have to ask those who had ever applied for HDB loan me. My 1st time too. No experience. Sorry, can't help much :)

Monday21

Reaction score
My grant application status 3 weeks since appointment is still "not received" :/
Mine only changed to "in process" after 4 weeks. That one also I think my case slightly complicated. I ever applied for BTO with an ex husband but we got separated even before we collected the keys. During selection with my current husb, officer told us that we can only receive half grant since Im second timer... imagine my panic...

Called my ex to rectify and he showed me some docs and proof that the prior grant was returned to them already... he even got his own place last year and was granted $75K grant. if im considered a second timer, he must also be a second timer what.. how come second timer can get up to 75k? if 75k is half grant, then what is the full grant? 150k?? Futhermore I was only an occupier then! My ex was the owner. Anyway i mailed and 'haunted' my officer. Finally she called last week to inform me that HDB have now changed me back to first timer... HENG....

Today HDB called again to say that they dont have copies of my IC to process the grant. I mailed them what they needed just now and they replied back saying that they will expedite the application. Hopefully can hear some good news in one to two weeks time....

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Mine only changed to "in process" after 4 weeks. That one also I think my case slightly complicated. I ever applied for BTO with an ex husband but we got separated even before we collected the keys. During selection with my current husb, officer told us that we can only receive half grant since Im second timer... imagine my panic...

Called my ex to rectify and he showed me some docs and proof that the prior grant was returned to them already... he even got his own place last year and was granted $75K grant. if im considered a second timer, he must also be a second timer what.. how come second timer can get up to 75k? if 75k is half grant, then what is the full grant? 150k?? Futhermore I was only an occupier then! My ex was the owner. Anyway i mailed and 'haunted' my officer. Finally she called last week to inform me that HDB have now changed me back to first timer... HENG....

Today HDB called again to say that they dont have copies of my IC to process the grant. I mailed them what they needed just now and they replied back saying that they will expedite the application. Hopefully can hear some good news in one to two weeks time....

Congrats on becoming a first timer again. My case also a bit complicated. I bought a house with my parents cos they need someone of a younger age for HDB loan. When I got married and take out my name, I become 2nd timer. I waited and waited until HDB changed rules and I become 1st timer again. They kept changing as and when they like.

Monday21

Reaction score
Congrats on becoming a first timer again. My case also a bit complicated. I bought a house with my parents cos they need someone of a younger age for HDB loan. When I got married and take out my name, I become 2nd timer. I waited and waited until HDB changed rules and I become 1st timer again. They kept changing as and when they like.
Wow you too?? Goodness, is this some scare tactic they use? I was in so much panic during my selection. Imagine if I were to back off that day and did not select unit. Officer keep on scaring us with "fork out cash if grant not enough".

I hope those in similar situation like us dont keep mum and accept this second timer ******** story.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Wow you too?? Goodness, is this some scare tactic they use? I was in so much panic during my selection. Imagine if I were to back off that day and did not select unit. Officer keep on scaring us with "fork out cash if grant not enough".

I hope those in similar situation like us dont keep mum and accept this second timer ******** story.
We wanted to apply for new BTO that time at Clementi. Went housing board, HDB hub, all said cannot. Must pay levy, etc.... That's why we are an old couples, first timer with 3 kids. We use the Third Child Priority Scheme which we think not many ppl like us in the same situation has yet to apply for a new HDB. We got it under this Scheme :D:D

heybuddy

Reaction score
In my previous application with my good for nothing ex.. they also want him to go sumpah if jobless or missing payslip.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.