November 2017 SBF

LynR52

Reaction score
Hi there. Thankyou2!

Once approved you will receive email from hdb to retrieve a copy of the Grant Approval Letter @ my hdbpage. They will also indicate in the letter, "will write separately on the signing of lease of agreement." as of now, I have yet to receive anything from hdb yet.

Yess!! You should start to source for an ID. I have yet to do so. Hehehehe. Recommendations anyone?

Wow congrats! Mine abit complicated case lah. I sold house 10yrs ago after divorced with my ex. Hdb asking me to pay levy 20k and cash proceeds 36k. Where got money to pay cash 56k total😂. Made appeal to waive off 36k cash proceeds and to incorporate 20k levy into house price but hdb send me letter asking me for breakdowns of sales proceed and documented proof of what i spent after selling my previous house. Where i got keep receipts for 10yrs. Hahahaha. But anyways do update us if u got ur signing of agreement n key collection date. Thanks!

Last edited:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Huh can like that ? Omggg
Then if we took renovation loan of 22k and thy quote 36k how to pay??😪🙄
Precisely...... That time my husband still had his own business and we just moved back from Aust, so cash down everything. We didn't take up any loan. But the good old days are over. So this time round, I will try to buy the stuffs from Taobao or EzBuy, do minimum renovations. Too bad that I can't attached the quotation which I still kept the copy with me. :s13::s13:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
LOL this is funny.. open toilet concept... plus using a pail tong the door.. stretch leg cannot reach ah?? LOL

Stretch leg how to do business??? :s13: My girls got their fingers stuck at the toilet doors many times. Cos when husband is using the toilet, they have the habit of using it too. Without checking whether is there anyone inside, they just push the door and hub panic and pushed back and there goes the crying drama......... (swollen tiny fingers that look like jalapeno) :eek:

The smell is even worse cos we can't close the door tight. I shall not elaborate on that part.:s13::s13:

semblady123

Reaction score
Precisely...... That time my husband still had his own business and we just moved back from Aust, so cash down everything. We didn't take up any loan. But the good old days are over. So this time round, I will try to buy the stuffs from Taobao or EzBuy, do minimum renovations. Too bad that I can't attached the quotation which I still kept the copy with me. :s13::s13:

Yeah sure.. during renovation im gonna bug u with many questions ;p im also on a veryyyyy tight budget :p U moved back from aus???? Omg ppl wanna go aus u wanna move back :(:s12:

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Stretch leg how to do business??? :s13: My girls got their fingers stuck at the toilet doors many times. Cos when husband is using the toilet, they have the habit of using it too. Without checking whether is there anyone inside, they just push the door and hub panic and pushed back and there goes the crying drama......... (swollen tiny fingers that look like jalapeno) :eek:

The smell is even worse cos we can't close the door tight. I shall not elaborate on that part.:s13::s13:

LOL... use a short pole hold on ur hand to "tong" the door when do business..

@semlady - should start meeting IDs when you got time.. let them quote and compare their prices. Every ID you meet you will need at least 1-2hours. So is good to start sourcing for one you prefer. i will PM you my ID contact later.. hopefully he can help u save more.. because he provide a service whereby driving clients into JB to buy lights, basin..etc.. which really help u save alot.

semblady123

Reaction score

@semlady - should start meeting IDs when you got time.. let them quote and compare their prices. Every ID you meet you will need at least 1-2hours. So is good to start sourcing for one you prefer. i will PM you my ID contact later.. hopefully he can help u save more.. because he provide a service whereby driving clients into JB to buy lights, basin..etc.. which really help u save alot.

Omg that's so cool..... Pls do msg me the ID contact.. I haven sourced yet.. my parents home last time we used chew interior.. dunno if they still exist.. they did a good job too...
Just that I wont use wallpapers at all cos after service for wallpapers is bad anywhere...
I just need a ID who is not money-minded and pay attention to quality.. if they provide good quality I don't mind paying more.. simple as that. My biggest important will be for my bedroom which I gonna merge with another room and have a movie room kinda thing inside itself with walk-in wardrobe... so im gonna spend the bulk for it.. for all, like kitchenand all simple cabinets is enough..

I have lots of photos taken from FB for ideas... so Its easier for the ID to visualize and quote :s13:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Yeah sure.. during renovation im gonna bug u with many questions ;p im also on a veryyyyy tight budget :p U moved back from aus???? Omg ppl wanna go aus u wanna move back :(:s12:

Come... If I can help, sure will furnish you with the answers :s13:

We went there for about a year (in Perth). My youngest was only 2 months old then. Life there very relax. Things very expensive. High salary. Min salary for 18 and below is AUD$18/hr and for 21 and above is AUD$21/hour if not wrong(legal supermarket rates). This is one of the reason why things are very expensive there. Pork very smelly (sorry cos we eat all kinda meats). Chicken very big but dun have the chicken taste. Vegetables very fresh and cheap. Beef also very cheap. Carpark at shopping malls are mostly open air except for those in town area. We rent a house with 6 rooms(the so-called Ang Mo house with garden, patio, orange trees and grapes) for AUD$420/wk. I actually enrolled my eldest into their Primary school which will cost us about 5K per year (excluding things like books, etc....) People wise ..... those with big big flag outside their house, never ever go near them. We met many Chinese there. Quite friendly. 40% of the population are Asian.

My personal encounter at the shopping mall while parking car(cars so cheap... bought my Toyota Torago for 4k and sold for 2K), the ang mo very impatience, gave me that Walaua face. So I smiled back at her and purposely moved in and out of the parking lot for at least 7 times. :s13::s13:

Erinlmh

Reaction score

I can imagine how funny that will be :s13:

Weeli85

Reaction score
I just change my status to "You will be informed the outcome after we have received all the necessary document" so around when the AHG SHG approved? So what is the next status appear?

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Omg that's so cool..... Pls do msg me the ID contact.. I haven sourced yet.. my parents home last time we used chew interior.. dunno if they still exist.. they did a good job too...
Just that I wont use wallpapers at all cos after service for wallpapers is bad anywhere...
I just need a ID who is not money-minded and pay attention to quality.. if they provide good quality I don't mind paying more.. simple as that. My biggest important will be for my bedroom which I gonna merge with another room and have a movie room kinda thing inside itself with walk-in wardrobe... so im gonna spend the bulk for it.. for all, like kitchenand all simple cabinets is enough..

I have lots of photos taken from FB for ideas... so Its easier for the ID to visualize and quote :s13:

Chew interior had separated. Now they call DC Vision / AC vision. which also one of my shortlisted ID at first.. but after meeting i feel they arent honest enough and abit pushy to ask you put deposit to secure the quote.(which i dont like) furthermore my friend from YIS Living really gives me a better quote and his WOW service to drive you in JB to buy cheap stuff is a plus point.

Amex^1234

Reaction score
I just change my status to "You will be informed the outcome after we have received all the necessary document" so around when the AHG SHG approved? So what is the next status appear?

i have this for 2 weeks le.. also no change... lol.. next status should be "your grant has been approved" something like tat

semblady123

Reaction score
Chew interior had separated. Now they call DC Vision / AC vision. which also one of my shortlisted ID at first.. but after meeting i feel they arent honest enough and abit pushy to ask you put deposit to secure the quote.(which i dont like) furthermore my friend from YIS Living really gives me a better quote and his WOW service to drive you in JB to buy cheap stuff is a plus point.

thanks a lot la.. :s13::s13::s13:

Can we ask the ID to buy basic furniture also llike bed, oven, refrigerator and all together with renovation and we pay together ?:D

semblady123

Reaction score
Come... If I can help, sure will furnish you with the answers :s13:

We went there for about a year (in Perth). My youngest was only 2 months old then. Life there very relax. Things very expensive. High salary. Min salary for 18 and below is AUD$18/hr and for 21 and above is AUD$21/hour if not wrong(legal supermarket rates). This is one of the reason why things are very expensive there. Pork very smelly (sorry cos we eat all kinda meats). Chicken very big but dun have the chicken taste. Vegetables very fresh and cheap. Beef also very cheap. Carpark at shopping malls are mostly open air except for those in town area. We rent a house with 6 rooms(the so-called Ang Mo house with garden, patio, orange trees and grapes) for AUD$420/wk. I actually enrolled my eldest into their Primary school which will cost us about 5K per year (excluding things like books, etc....) People wise ..... those with big big flag outside their house, never ever go near them. We met many Chinese there. Quite friendly. 40% of the population are Asian.

My personal encounter at the shopping mall while parking car(cars so cheap... bought my Toyota Torago for 4k and sold for 2K), the ang mo very impatience, gave me that Walaua face. So I smiled back at her and purposely moved in and out of the parking lot for at least 7 times. :s13::s13:

Perth ah.. I been there before.. to be honest its the most expensive city in aus cos its like so ulu there.. hehe... u shud try maybe Sydney or so? u know if u give birth there every month govt gives u $800 for each kid :s22::s22::s22:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Perth ah.. I been there before.. to be honest its the most expensive city in aus cos its like so ulu there.. hehe... u shud try maybe Sydney or so? u know if u give birth there every month govt gives u $800 for each kid :s22::s22::s22:

It's so quiet there, filled with old people, many handicap parking lots. Sun rise at 5am and set at 5pm. Now still not too bad, at least the malls are opened till 10pm(Mon to Fri), Saturday half day and Sunday some are closed. Easy access to supermarkets too. We chose Perth because sister in-law is there for many years and it's nearest to Singapore. Reason why we are back is also because of the kids. They couldn't get use to the weather there. Highest at 40 degree and lowest at 1 degree. They took turns to have nose bleeding , sick, etc..... We ended up packed back and landed back here. After being outside for a while, we still find home safer and comfortable. Then again, we will go when the children are older to pursue their studies there(so relaxing). But this time we will go to either to Melbourne or Brisbane

heybuddy

Reaction score

mine also change to 'Thank you for your AHG/SHG application. You will be informed of the outcome after we have received all the necessary documents and assessed your eligibility.' after 2 weeks..

Last edited:

Amex^1234

Reaction score
thanks a lot la.. :s13::s13::s13:

Can we ask the ID to buy basic furniture also llike bed, oven, refrigerator and all together with renovation and we pay together ?:D

Haha.. from what i know if you are taking reno loan.. max is only 30k/person. So you and your hubby can take up to 60k la.. U want lump funiture cost into the reno loan. there is a way call Overloan... which means say your reno quote maybe 25k.. they will write the quote as 30k for u to loan la.. then the ID will giv u 5k cash.. u go buy your funiture. But this way of doing please have a trusted ID do ah... dont get scam...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.