November 2017 SBF

Amex^1234

Reaction score
I think also around 5k+ for 4 rooms flat. But not too sure whether vinyl for living room suitable or not.

yea is about that price.. depends on what material also.. most ID quoted me 3bed+living(4rm) - 4+k .. not including screeding.. cos my unit got FF liao.

heybuddy

Reaction score
I just google. Didn't know tile have wood look type. I need something durable and cheap, anti-slip will be best cos have to think for mother in-law. This 5K die die also cannot save liao. Is tile with wood look cheaper than vinyl? I really need to start studying and planning for budget

My ID told me it's cheaper.. tiles @ $3 psf and vinyl @ $5-$6 psf.. and also tiles do not need the additional screeding works..

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Tried appealing thru MP?

CRM replied is they are unable to accede to it as we are unable to accommodate further changes at this stage of construction of the flat.

I think appeal to MP also no use since my seldom show up:s13::s13:

Erinlmh

Reaction score
yea is about that price.. depends on what material also.. most ID quoted me 3bed+living(4rm) - 4+k .. not including screeding.. cos my unit got FF liao.

Envy........ I like my unit location but without FF, with FF, location no good.
The one without FF is facing (all bedrooms and living room) LRT but not that near, so ppl cannot see us. Kitchen area maybe able to get seaview at it's at 17th floor.
The one with FF is facing opp. block. 15th floor. All views block.

So I think it's ok to pay for the flooring with a better view which will last us for a long time. Really cannot afford then have to take up loan:s13:

Monday21

Reaction score
CRM replied is they are unable to accede to it as we are unable to accommodate further changes at this stage of construction of the flat.

I think appeal to MP also no use since my seldom show up:s13::s13:

yikes. no choice lah... ID lah...

Erinlmh

Reaction score
My ID told me it's cheaper.. tiles @ $3 psf and vinyl @ $5-$6 psf.. and also tiles do not need the additional screeding works..

In this case can lay the whole house with wood looking tiles right? Then it will be so much cheap. For me, so long it's cheap and not slippery will do. But a big no no to laminated flooring cos my house is mostly wet. I am using my friend as the ID for my new house. Previously asked her to design and built a study room for us, she did a great job. This one I kept texting her, I think she too busy and no time to entertain me. So sad... So many things wanna ask her, but don't dare and cannot get an answer. Maybe also because my house will come later (2 years time).

Saw this on google. Should I get the company to do flooring for us directly or go thru ID?:s11:
http://ceramictilesingapore.com/wood-ceramic-tile-flooring/

Amex^1234

Reaction score
In this case can lay the whole house with wood looking tiles right? Then it will be so much cheap. For me, so long it's cheap and not slippery will do. But a big no no to laminated flooring cos my house is mostly wet. I am using my friend as the ID for my new house. Previously asked her to design and built a study room for us, she did a great job. This one I kept texting her, I think she too busy and no time to entertain me. So sad... So many things wanna ask her, but don't dare and cannot get an answer. Maybe also because my house will come later (2 years time).

Saw this on google. Should I get the company to do flooring for us directly or go thru ID?:s11:

Please compare both quotes.. some ID like mine can get better rates .. because they have bulk prices.. i tried went to expo fair walk in ask the same shop.. my price much ex than my ID given..

heybuddy

Reaction score

Ya this is the one.. I'm going to lay whole house with this..
If you getting id for your renovation.. can ask them for this? If get own contractor, u need to supervise

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Please compare both quotes.. some ID like mine can get better rates .. because they have bulk prices.. i tried went to expo fair walk in ask the same shop.. my price much ex than my ID given..

Agreed. But small project ID might want to do. Cos like I mentioned earlier, for my this house, I gotten ID to do the full height wardrobe for us which cost $1320. MIL room same thing only cost us $1200 with mirror inside. Maybe I wanna get the wardrobe manufacturer to install all bedrooms wardrobe for us. ID only do flooring and kitchen and the drilling stuffs

Monday21

Reaction score

Just talked to a fren who got his keys recently. He shared that he spent 25k on what most IDs quoted as 30-35k. He sourced most things individually. With an ID, you can receive updates with photos thru whatsapp. Without ID, own self update by being there physically. But he did complained that it was tiring as compared to when his parents reno their house thru an ID previously.

:s11::s11::s11:
I really have no idea how reno works nor their market price...

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Just talked to a fren who got his keys recently. He shared that he spent 25k on what most IDs quoted as 30-35k. He sourced most things individually. With an ID, you can receive updates with photos thru whatsapp. Without ID, own self update by being there physically. But he did complained that it was tiring as compared to when his parents reno their house thru an ID previously.

:s11::s11::s11:
I really have no idea how reno works nor their market price...

U got it right... u engage contractor.. buy your own things.. u can save 5-10k easily.. but then.. u got so much time anot? plan and buy things all by yourself.. everyday go there monitor..

and hor... Contractor cannot provide you reno loan.. can la.. take the quotation for apply yourself.. not like ID normally got banker ready for you. if you get ID do.. u see not right.. u bang table.. u buy and do yourself.. u bang yourself wor...

Monday21

Reaction score
U got it right... u engage contractor.. buy your own things.. u can save 5-10k easily.. but then.. u got so much time anot? plan and buy things all by yourself.. everyday go there monitor..

and hor... Contractor cannot provide you reno loan.. can la.. take the quotation for apply yourself.. not like ID normally got banker ready for you. if you get ID do.. u see not right.. u bang table.. u buy and do yourself.. u bang yourself wor...

hahahahah *bangs head on the wall*

Erinlmh

Reaction score

Agreed too... have to weighs the pro and con

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Renovation loan usually is for how long?

4-5working days to know. my plan is confirmed which ID already then go down discuss choose color choose material choose paint... once HDB tell u when take keys.. then apply loan same time ID apply permit for reno. next, open door ID go up do last measurement.. Permit approve.. tadahhh start work.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.