November 2017 SBF

zidmosby

Reaction score
Yes.. by right once u see grant approve with amount. by next 2-3working days u can see the amount credited into yours or your spouse CPF account. then confirm can start chasing HDB for appointment on keys collection already.

I don't want to chase :s13: when i paid deposit, they told me keys will be by this year and need to produce marriage certification upon signing of agreement. I asked on appeal - they say fairly subjective.

Did more research and most couples usually did not have any problem once they give proof such as banquet invoice. But also depends on your CRM lor, especially if you take grant or not also.

Me and SO in tricky situation because we not having banquet. Doing mosque wedding and they only allow bookings to be done 3 months in advance. So I got no proof as my wedding planned to have it in February and can only book in December (which is the worse time to do anything since everyone is on leave). After I book mosque and confirm the venue then I can book others things. Better stay quiet for now :s13:

zidmosby

Reaction score
Cannot hack as in the flooring right? some do the left way ma... my bathroom wall tiles i overlay also to make it nice..but flooring i no touch.. no budget liao.. lol..

I thought want to hack everything. Don't think I would be so keen on HDB's design. Can probably close one eye if can overlay but I went to this renovation talk last week - they did tell me some problems with overlay. So now not too sure what to do.

We can still take out the sink/toilet/shower head and replace it right? No need ask HDB permission for it? :s22:

zidmosby

Reaction score
Precisely. I cannot understand too. I told them if the whole project do not have any leftover tiles(which they usually purchase more, much more) I dun mind having other tiles from other project which they can charge to my buying price accordingly. Here's their reply.

We refer to you email of 22 Jun 2018. We also refer to our conversation of 28 Jun 2018.

2 We have considered your appeal to include floor finishes for the booked 4-room flat at XXX XXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX #XXXXXX. but we regret to inform that we are unable to accede to it as we are unable to accommodate further changes at this stage of construction of the flat.

3 We wish to clarify that the option to opt for floor finishes (bedroom/living/dining areas) under the Optional Component Scheme (OCS) is only applicable for new flats offered during initial sale launch under the Build-To-Order (BTO) exercise. For balance flats subsequently sold under our Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) or Re-Offer of Balance Flats (ROF) exercise, the OCS option will no longer be available. This is so as our building contractors would have ordered the materials and made provisions to install the flooring finishes so that there would be no delay in the completion of the flats. Hence we are sorry that we are unable to provide the floor finishes to your new flat.

Usually houses completed faster mah. You went and take a look already to see if the building 3/4 up or 1/2 up?

What I read was that most houses now use PPVC method. They comes standard with sanitary fittings but no flooring for bedroom/living/dining areas. Likelihood is that they have completed payment or fixed a sum with contractor and it will be a hassle on their end with the paperwork for one person's request bah.

casualtraveller

Reaction score

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Usually houses completed faster mah. You went and take a look already to see if the building 3/4 up or 1/2 up?

What I read was that most houses now use PPVC method. They comes standard with sanitary fittings but no flooring for bedroom/living/dining areas. Likelihood is that they have completed payment or fixed a sum with contractor and it will be a hassle on their end with the paperwork for one person's request bah.

We also thought that should be the building department that doesn't approve our appeal. Went to see so many times liao. Latest update is until 21 storey high. Total floor is 25 lvl. Still very raw, not painted. Nothing at all. Just have to wait now. My previous owner chose the unit without kitchen partition and flooring. Nothing much I can do

Nur.Azie

Reaction score
Hdb auto tell me, they take note of my request for early keys collection. But actually I just emailed to ask about flooring & when can I collect keys lor.

My unit keys available. Flat up already. I also think, no grants faster. So weird, they credit the grant in my cpf quite fast lei.

Did u appeal for early key collection?
My area is Punggol and is completed ready to move in flat..
Maybe I no take grant that why faster?

Nur.Azie

Reaction score
Ya.. It's blank. I've been logging in & out hdbpage. Kiasu right. You mean, I can just call up hdb hotline instead of calling my CRM?

When you login to hdb page, it is still blank under the sign of agreement appointment? I think you should be able to call and check with the CSO on when you can expect keys to be issued. That's what the CSO told me that after grant approval, can call in and get estimated month.

zidmosby

Reaction score
We also thought that should be the building department that doesn't approve our appeal. Went to see so many times liao. Latest update is until 21 storey high. Total floor is 25 lvl. Still very raw, not painted. Nothing at all. Just have to wait now. My previous owner chose the unit without kitchen partition and flooring. Nothing much I can do

Quite high liao. I think internal finishing mostly completed. Still need to allocate time for checks, paints etc which might contribute to their decision though.

All the best though. If not, welcome to big spenders club la hahaha

Last edited:

heybuddy

Reaction score
finally spoke to the phone operator.. she said will drop ms S a note and get her to call back latest by tomorrow.. let's see if she calls back

zidmosby

Reaction score
Ya.. It's blank. I've been logging in & out hdbpage. Kiasu right. You mean, I can just call up hdb hotline instead of calling my CRM?

You can do either way lor. You call CRM also doubt they answer - always get voicemail. Might as well call CSO instead where you are guaranteed to speak to someone haha.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Quite high liao. I think internal finishing mostly completed. Still need to allocate time for checks, paints etc which might contribute to their decision though.

All the best though. If not, welcome to big spenders club la hahaha

What the volunteer told me is they will built the whole block, then do the flooring, electricity, plumbing, etc... Since the MP is willing to help us, we will leave it in his good hands then. Keeping fingers crossed.

If really cannot get the flooring done by HDB, then no choice but to join the mini spenders club. Tight budget. :s13::s13:

Nur.Azie

Reaction score
I just did. Hahaha. CSO answered me. So estimated still oct then can collect keys lor. I also managed to hear my CRM voice. "Ms..... Is not available now" :s13: :s13:

You can do either way lor. You call CRM also doubt they answer - always get voicemail. Might as well call CSO instead where you are guaranteed to speak to someone haha.

zidmosby

Reaction score
What the volunteer told me is they will built the whole block, then do the flooring, electricity, plumbing, etc... Since the MP is willing to help us, we will leave it in his good hands then. Keeping fingers crossed.

If really cannot get the flooring done by HDB, then no choice but to join the mini spenders club. Tight budget. :s13::s13:

I also small budget.. Thinking if it is worth it to do one short renovation or should break it down into phases. Now I feel if I choose to do reno after key collection, might commit to vendors or style in a rush and regret in future.

LynR52

Reaction score
Oh. My officer didn't say anything about it. From what I know, unless we buy new unit from HDB and sell it. When we buy new HDB flat for the 2nd time, we will need to pay the levy. I didn't know there's a resales levy

Yup...my previous unit is resale. This is my first time buying new flat. The officer told me 4room flat 40k levy...so the levy is divided between me n my ex 20k each.

Dream catcher

Reaction score
Levy is applicable for resale flat if you had previously taken grant for it even thou it’s your first flat.

Yup...my previous unit is resale. This is my first time buying new flat. The officer told me 4room flat 40k levy...so the levy is divided between me n my ex 20k each.

Amex^1234

Reaction score
I thought want to hack everything. Don't think I would be so keen on HDB's design. Can probably close one eye if can overlay but I went to this renovation talk last week - they did tell me some problems with overlay. So now not too sure what to do.

We can still take out the sink/toilet/shower head and replace it right? No need ask HDB permission for it? :s22:

yes sink n bowl can take out n put back.. but if u overlay the wall u wont want to use back their sink.... so ugly... lol...

zidmosby

Reaction score
yes sink n bowl can take out n put back.. but if u overlay the wall u wont want to use back their sink.... so ugly... lol...

Actually how you find out if the unit you selected got sanitary fittings or not ah before selection? Because on the units available listing, only indication is OF, FF, OK.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Levy is applicable for resale flat if you had previously taken grant for it even thou it’s your first flat.

I see.. scare me die.... We had never have any grant before nor apply for any new flat. So we can be consider very very 1st timer (old couple):s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.