HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #2026

I also want slow so that we can save more $$ for renovation
Renovation can take loan right? cant pay by cpf right... thinking abt renovation... sighhhhhhhh
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #2027

Salute to you! Hahahaha not easy living with a family that never practically raised us but is suddenly there to determine this and that for us. Out of respect, us DIL always have to shut up and deal with the 'pain' quietly.
Well...... I always remember this. Her daughters can say anything and she will forgive and forget. If I say anything wrong, she will bring it to her grave. Okay lah, am working, my kids with my parents after school, only see her in the night and weekends. One mountain cannot hide 2 tigresses.
Erinlmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 05:35 PM   #2028

Renovation can take loan right? cant pay by cpf right... thinking abt renovation... sighhhhhhhh
yes... can take bank loan, cannot use CPF. That's why the longer the better. But we also can't wait to move in cos we love the new place.
Old 25-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #2029

went to get ID quote yesterday.. all near 30k..
heybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #2030

went to get ID quote yesterday.. all near 30k..
OMG...my budget im trying to have it done in less than 20 k.. some more I wanna hack walls and merge rooms and all they increase GST aredi or what
Old 25-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #2031

OMG...my budget im trying to have it done in less than 20 k.. some more I wanna hack walls and merge rooms and all they increase GST aredi or what
flooring is quite expensive.. i was quoted 8k - 9k with screeding. did u choose a unit with flooring?
heybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #2032

flooring is quite expensive.. i was quoted 8k - 9k with screeding. did u choose a unit with flooring?
My unit had (FF) though I dunno what floor finish means.. any idea? and what is screeding?
Old 26-06-2018, 08:28 AM   #2033

8-9k is very ex. I still remember I did flooring for my present house, laminate floor for hall and 3 bed rooms including hacking and screeding around 7k only. Which type of flooring did you chose?

Last edited by Erinlmh; 26-06-2018 at 08:50 AM..
Old 26-06-2018, 08:35 AM   #2034

My unit had (FF) though I dunno what floor finish means.. any idea? and what is screeding?
If not wrong it means that your unit already provide flooring for all bedrooms, living room, toilet and kitchen. Your kitchen also have partition wall unlike those open kitchen concept. You don't have to do the flooring and spend another sum of money.
Old 26-06-2018, 08:49 AM   #2035

wah so sweet la.. really salute u for being so patient & understanding
maybe we can start a chatgroup and share our "love & hate" being a DIL. Lolz.... My MIL side me more when I discuss with her with regards to the house thing. I find that we share more similar ideas compare with me and my husband. So I will discuss with the reno thing with her and if my husband disagree, my MIL will nag at him. It's better this way then I go head on with my husband. He has no choice but to listen cos it's 2 against 1. Best thing is I have 3 girls, so it's like 5 against 1 if I gather my girls on my side
Old 26-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #2036

If not wrong it means that your unit already provide flooring for all bedrooms, living room, toilet and kitchen. Your kitchen also have partition wall unlike those open kitchen concept. You don't have to do the flooring and spend another sum of money.
WOW..thats nice la...so curious to see inside now So those floor designs is chosen by the previous owner who booked the flat...? Default flooring is like what?
Old 26-06-2018, 08:51 AM   #2037

maybe we can start a chatgroup and share our "love & hate" being a DIL. Lolz.... My MIL side me more when I discuss with her with regards to the house thing. I find that we share more similar ideas compare with me and my husband. So I will discuss with the reno thing with her and if my husband disagree, my MIL will nag at him. It's better this way then I go head on with my husband. He has no choice but to listen cos it's 2 against 1. Best thing is I have 3 girls, so it's like 5 against 1 if I gather my girls on my side
Yeah we shud start a group chat for NOV SBF 2017
Old 26-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #2038

WOW..thats nice la...so curious to see inside now So those floor designs is chosen by the previous owner who booked the flat...? Default flooring is like what?
yes. The type of design which was chosen is done by previous owner who booked and gave up at the last min due to many reason. Actually at HDB hub they did display the tiles for living room and bedrooms. For my area, it's

Kitchen & Bathroom - ceramic tiles
Living/Dining floor : polished porcelain tiles with laminated PVC skirting
Bedrooms floor : resilient (vinyl) strip flooring with laminated PVC skirting

but since my previous owner chosen OK, which is Open Kitchen Concept without Flooring, I am appealing with the department for floor furnishing because the house will be only available after 2 years or more.
Old 26-06-2018, 09:40 AM   #2039

yup..if can use CPF our ministers cry hahahaha...
Erinlmh likes this.
Monday21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #2040

mine also came with floor finishes... i googled up and down to see what kind of finishes my BTO offered during their launch... different projects offer diff kind of floorings...whats I find funny bout mine is that they use porcelain for living room but they finish off with wooden timber skirtings...
Monday21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.