HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #2041

yes. The type of design which was chosen is done by previous owner who booked and gave up at the last min due to many reason. Actually at HDB hub they did display the tiles for living room and bedrooms. For my area, it's

Kitchen & Bathroom - ceramic tiles
Living/Dining floor : polished porcelain tiles with laminated PVC skirting
Bedrooms floor : resilient (vinyl) strip flooring with laminated PVC skirting

but since my previous owner chosen OK, which is Open Kitchen Concept without Flooring, I am appealing with the department for floor furnishing because the house will be only available after 2 years or more.
thanks for the info.. mine didn't mention OK.. just FF.. BUT...when I see floor plan.. for kitchen. half of it is dotted line.. half of it is continuous line.. does it make it a kitchen with partitioning wall?
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #2042

mine also came with floor finishes... i googled up and down to see what kind of finishes my BTO offered during their launch... different projects offer diff kind of floorings...whats I find funny bout mine is that they use porcelain for living room but they finish off with wooden timber skirtings...
Cool.. I will just try to google also... cant imagine how all these floors look like.. hehe porcelain sounds fragile
Old 26-06-2018, 10:16 AM   #2043

thanks for the info.. mine didn't mention OK.. just FF.. BUT...when I see floor plan.. for kitchen. half of it is dotted line.. half of it is continuous line.. does it make it a kitchen with partitioning wall?
Did the officer tell you anything when u book your unit? My floor plan also dotted lines and officer told us it's open kitchen concept

FF - Kitchen with partition walls and floor funishing
OF - Open Kitchen Concept with floor funishing
OK - Open Kitchen Concept with no flooring.

Maybe you can give a call to HDB to double check with them cos once you provide your I/C no. to them, they will know all the details.
Erinlmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 11:08 AM   #2044

8-9k is very ex. I still remember I did flooring for my present house, laminate floor for hall and 3 bed rooms including hacking and screeding around 7k only. Which type of flooring did you chose?
I am planning to do vinyl flooring.. wow yours 7k with hacking and screeding
heybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #2045

I am planning to do vinyl flooring.. wow yours 7k with hacking and screeding
vinyl is good. Laminated is the worse I guess. A bit of water the whole floor swell up already.
Old 26-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #2046

Did the officer tell you anything when u book your unit? My floor plan also dotted lines and officer told us it's open kitchen concept

FF - Kitchen with partition walls and floor funishing
OF - Open Kitchen Concept with floor funishing
OK - Open Kitchen Concept with no flooring.

Maybe you can give a call to HDB to double check with them cos once you provide your I/C no. to them, they will know all the details.
yeah she said FF only she didn't even say what it means I came home to google.. lol.. yeah I think open kitchen also..better cos I wanted to put glass partitioning.. bedroom also gonna merge 2 with glass partititoning.. I love glass...but if cracks or breaks den
Old 26-06-2018, 12:24 PM   #2047

yeah she said FF only she didn't even say what it means I came home to google.. lol.. yeah I think open kitchen also..better cos I wanted to put glass partitioning.. bedroom also gonna merge 2 with glass partititoning.. I love glass...but if cracks or breaks den
We like Open Kitchen Concept too cos we plan to built a tall cupboard and put the oven in the middle, the rest of the space will be free to join the living room so that we can put the dinning table which can also be converted to study area for the kids.
Old 26-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #2048

We like Open Kitchen Concept too cos we plan to built a tall cupboard and put the oven in the middle, the rest of the space will be free to join the living room so that we can put the dinning table which can also be converted to study area for the kids.
wow sounds nice... lately im just seeing bto hdb renovation ideas online.. some are so nice... I like lots of glass inside house.. glass arch/divider..glass doors .. glass bla bla hehe..

My status changed to "We have received your SHG/AHG application".. normally if above 8.5k household income there is no grant is it? hmmm..

I seen some blogs online..some girls received their key collection within 1-2 months from grant application being submitted..
Old 26-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #2049

wow sounds nice... lately im just seeing bto hdb renovation ideas online.. some are so nice... I like lots of glass inside house.. glass arch/divider..glass doors .. glass bla bla hehe..

My status changed to "We have received your SHG/AHG application".. normally if above 8.5k household income there is no grant is it? hmmm..

I seen some blogs online..some girls received their key collection within 1-2 months from grant application being submitted..
Found this website which has lots of renovation designs.

https://qanvast.com/sg/interior-design-singapore

Same status as yours, We have recieved your SHG/AHG application. I also wonder how soon they will let us know the outcome and amount. Yes, first timer above 8.5k will not have any grant.
Old 26-06-2018, 02:51 PM   #2050

Same status as yours, We have recieved your SHG/AHG application. I also wonder how soon they will let us know the outcome and amount. Yes, first timer above 8.5k will not have any grant.
same.. I myself wanted to post that link just now cos I saw it just now.. and u posted it.. its soooooo nice..many ideas...oh above 8.5k not even first timer grant like 10k or anything? 0k? omg... but the calculation for 8.5k also they have their own method...cos for me latest months only above 8.5k and above..previous one is lesser.
Old 26-06-2018, 03:17 PM   #2051

same.. I myself wanted to post that link just now cos I saw it just now.. and u posted it.. its soooooo nice..many ideas...oh above 8.5k not even first timer grant like 10k or anything? 0k? omg... but the calculation for 8.5k also they have their own method...cos for me latest months only above 8.5k and above..previous one is lesser.
By default for (FF) = your floor (HDB Tiles) is already installed with doors, toilet basin & bowl.

Overlaying Vinyl flooring for 8k for living+3bed room??? this is crazy ex.. even the best product which i've seen so far (Evorich) also cost 5k only.
A simple reno for 4room will cost you at least 20k. Reno loan currently lowest interest bank is CIMB, max reno loan is 30k.
Amex^1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 03:19 PM   #2052

Grant is meant for different application group. First timer, 2nd timer, First + 2nd timer, etc...... with different amount.

I think grant is 12 months salary (total household income) then divide by 12 months again to determine how much grant we can get.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/res...-for-hdb-flats
Old 26-06-2018, 03:19 PM   #2053

Heard alot of ppl saying quoting from Qanvast is much higher.. you may wanna compare ah..
Amex^1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 03:20 PM   #2054

By default for (FF) = your floor (HDB Tiles) is already installed with doors, toilet basin & bowl.

Overlaying Vinyl flooring for 8k for living+3bed room??? this is crazy ex.. even the best product which i've seen so far (Evorich) also cost 5k only.
A simple reno for 4room will cost you at least 20k. Reno loan currently lowest interest bank is CIMB, max reno loan is 30k.
I saw an online quotation for 4 rooms flat using Vinyl around 4 - 4.4k, but not sure whether include living room or not.
Old 26-06-2018, 03:22 PM   #2055

Heard alot of ppl saying quoting from Qanvast is much higher.. you may wanna compare ah..
My friend is doing the designing for us. Using Qanvast as guidelines to look see the designs only. As I need to make loft bed for my girls to save space, still need to browse through more designs
genovian likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.