November 2017 SBF

LynR52

Reaction score
Another one came back with quotations late last night... 8.1k but not inclusive of electrical works. I need to contact his sub-con for that . Asked him for an estimation, he quoted me $600. Total amount sam with the second guy but no free gifts... so I need to take into consideration that i have to put aside money for stove, hood, sink and tap...

Ah yes. Mine qouted 15k.

1. 20ft cabinet
2. 9ft tall unit
3. 10ft iquartz worktop
4. 10ft glass backsplash
5. Plumbing
6. Electrical
7. Grilles for whole hs + windows for SY
8. 2x shower screens
9. 6ft wardrobe for MB
10. Wall beadings for living room + hallway
11. Double beadings for tv area
12. Vinyl flooring
13. Haulage + debris removal
14. Chemical wash
15. Foc installations of heater + toilet acessories + lighting points

I think basically that. The price havent include gst. But mine is 3Room flat.

Monday21

Reaction score
Ah yes. Mine qouted 15k.

1. 20ft cabinet
2. 9ft tall unit
3. 10ft iquartz worktop
4. 10ft glass backsplash
5. Plumbing
6. Electrical
7. Grilles for whole hs + windows for SY
8. 2x shower screens
9. 6ft wardrobe for MB
10. Wall beadings for living room + hallway
11. Double beadings for tv area
12. Vinyl flooring
13. Haulage + debris removal
14. Chemical wash
15. Foc installations of heater + toilet acessories + lighting points

I think basically that. The price havent include gst. But mine is 3Room flat.

Mine also 3-room... Wah your toilet can fit in a shower screen ah? So good...:s12:

LynR52

Reaction score
Mine also 3-room... Wah your toilet can fit in a shower screen ah? So good...:s12:

Yahh...just 1 panel shower screen lah without door. U got see hdb mynice home gallery? Something like tht. Lol

Still hv to fork out own money for sink hood n hob.

Last edited:

LynR52

Reaction score
Due to my tight budget, i removed all things that were not really necessary right now... Dunno why but i prefer those nordic TV consol than the feature wall type... Lol... Wardrobe still can use current one... Shoe cabinet also got current one...

Right now only do up the must haves like grill and cabinet... Once moved in, stop paying for rental, then i have a better chance of saving for things that i have in mind....

Ya i also didnt want to do the tv console. ID qoute me 850dlrs. I think i will buy my own tv console 😂. Painting i paint myself also since i wanted everything white for my walls. Easy peasy. Lol

Ichimatsu

Reaction score
Ya i also didnt want to do the tv console. ID qoute me 850dlrs. I think i will buy my own tv console 😂. Painting i paint myself also since i wanted everything white for my walls. Easy peasy. Lol

is it possible to hide the tv cables if using own tv console?

Monday21

Reaction score
Yahh...just 1 panel shower screen lah without door. U got see hdb mynice home gallery? Something like tht. Lol

Still hv to fork out own money for sink hood n hob.

All the time log into hdb page to check grant approval hehe never really took time to look at the gallery until just now lol. How come the showroom look so big leh!!!

My kitchen so cute.....

1502458147324.jpeg.1b504a04ccd0c9d55fd0c71cc55e0edb.jpeg

Monday21

Reaction score
Ya i also didnt want to do the tv console. ID qoute me 850dlrs. I think i will buy my own tv console ��. Painting i paint myself also since i wanted everything white for my walls. Easy peasy. Lol

Initially i wanted to paint myself too but the memory of painting a 2-room flat is already so painful hahahaha so i thought let the experts handle this time...

Plus my husb is not someone who is really precise about details. if he paint he anyhow paint as long got color.... Make me half crazy :s22:

Last edited:

zidmosby

Reaction score
All the time log into hdb page to check grant approval hehe never really took time to look at the gallery until just now lol. How come the showroom look so big leh!!!

My kitchen so cute.....

1502458147324.jpeg.1b504a04ccd0c9d55fd0c71cc55e0edb.jpeg

Looks decent! This is which area you applied?

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score
Reno price is Reno price.need another 3k for whole hse accesorries and lightings one...

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

Amex^1234

Reaction score
What they submit to us in the quotation form and what they use for bank loan is usually the final amount right?

quotation normally without electrical works. i not sure if the electrical works can lump into the quote or not.. cos mine already do over 30k(exclude electrical works) and i use 1 name for reno loan only which is max 30k..

Amex^1234

Reaction score

My kitchen so cute.....

how u get to see photo de... got gallery one mehz?

Monday21

Reaction score
Wah skyline still got units available? I remember it launched in November 2016 when I applied that area and it was limited numbers then.

To be honest it was pure luck. When SBF was open, there was two options for 3-room. One for $6k income ceiling and $12k income ceiling. Though my income was not above 6k, i still tried balloting under the 12k group. They did not say those under 6k cannot try luck in the 12k pool right hehe.

But little did i know that Skyline was considered premium... Dunno whats so premium apart from the window length about it anyway.. So i was abit shocked when they flashed out the prices for Skyline... Lucky my grant can cover otherwise i would have to fork out 20k in cash :o

Monday21

Reaction score
quotation normally without electrical works. i not sure if the electrical works can lump into the quote or not.. cos mine already do over 30k(exclude electrical works) and i use 1 name for reno loan only which is max 30k..

The second quotation i received included electrical works... Could it be because the one that quoted me was a direct contractor?

Amex^1234

Reaction score
The second quotation i received included electrical works... Could it be because the one that quoted me was a direct contractor?

Hmmm no matter what electrical works they need go up and see which point and switch u need before they can quote one lehz.. believe your quote is just a rough quote lo.. like my ID told me, my electrical work will cost about 1.5-1.8k...can only confirm once go up see the pointing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.