November 2017 SBF

semblady123

Reaction score
What type of defects should we look out for ? I’m gonna check tmr only. I also need to start Reno fast and complete within a month but haven even visit one ID yet

semblady123

Reaction score
Sure la. Been busy. I will contact him. Maybe if got time tmr evening visit him as well. I will contact him in FB

wa.. not confirm ID before collecting keys ah...haha... can try to ask my ID for quote.. he is not bad.. i think finishing my Reno in 2 weeks time. :s12::s12:

zidmosby

Reaction score
I asked my ID to do the checks for me one.. FOC.. lol

Ya I heard can do that but I have not confirmed ID yet. Thinking to DIY most stuff. Kitchen and flooring I went directly to supplier and got a great price compared to ID quotation. Not planning to do much works anyway so will consider taking loose items from IKEA here and there to spruce up the place.

heybuddy

Reaction score
Ya I heard can do that but I have not confirmed ID yet. Thinking to DIY most stuff. Kitchen and flooring I went directly to supplier and got a great price compared to ID quotation. Not planning to do much works anyway so will consider taking loose items from IKEA here and there to spruce up the place.

i'm asking id to do kitchen for me only now since i have problem with the reno loan.. the rest find contractor and ikea for accessories..

Amex^1234

Reaction score
What type of defects should we look out for ? I’m gonna check tmr only. I also need to start Reno fast and complete within a month but haven even visit one ID yet

I shared this before.

I did very simple basic check only..

1) All door close n open
2) Test all keys lock (Dont neglect ur letter box)
3) open and close all windows, try the lock as well
4) bring a pail, fill up water and pour in the toilet floor see whether the water flows off or not.
5) wall/ tiles crack
5) optional: bring a broom to clean your bomb shelter so that you at least hav a clean area to keep your stuff while doing reno.
6) optional: Hand soap n hand towel.. (its very very dusty!)
7) optional: Chairs & Fan...(in case your parents or in law going.. they can sit. end of the day i throw these in the bomb shelter)
8) rubbish bag!! to clear alllllll the brochure etc... real lots!!

For those who rushing to move in one.. try to settle everything on the day when u collect the key..

My scenerio, 9.15am appointment.. finish everything at 11am. went home pack up and go over around 12+pm, do all those pineapple rolling etc etc.. ID came up 2+ explain explain and check defect again.. 4pm i went to HDB hand over the defect list liao. Next day ID applied permit for renovation already

zidmosby

Reaction score
i'm asking id to do kitchen for me only now since i have problem with the reno loan.. the rest find contractor and ikea for accessories..

How come your reno not approved? If you cannot taking ID like I am, I suggest you look for vendors who have in house loans or those that accept credit card instalments.

My SO and I not keen to take loan as we feel we should not start our future together in debt (aside from the monthly CPF la). Furthermore ID really anyhow charge leh. I ask many different ID and some give me itemised quotes and some just quote me 70k off hand :s11:

Think I will only take ID for coordination works like hacking and light works around the house. Cut down the cost significantly. Flooring and kitchen I save about 4k in total by taking contractor instead of ID.

Amex^1234

Reaction score
How come your reno not approved? If you cannot taking ID like I am, I suggest you look for vendors who have in house loans or those that accept credit card instalments.

My SO and I not keen to take loan as we feel we should not start our future together in debt (aside from the monthly CPF la). Furthermore ID really anyhow charge leh. I ask many different ID and some give me itemised quotes and some just quote me 70k off hand :s11:

Think I will only take ID for coordination works like hacking and light works around the house. Cut down the cost significantly. Flooring and kitchen I save about 4k in total by taking contractor instead of ID.

wa 70k.. is either you really do a lot or those ID wanna chop you. :s13:

My ID was quite reasonable pricing..

kitchen: Hack semi open + do window + kitchen door + 25ft cabinets in total
all 3 room with at least 5ft wardrobe
master room high storage platform bed
master + living feature wall
Living + 3 room Vinyl overlay
2 toilet with fix glass panel + Vanity
Dining area: false ceiling
living + master room: coves lights
Full height 5ft shoe cabinet
whole house painting: 6 colors

My reno done up is about 40k + - only... + my ID drove me to JB purchase lighting and toiletries..

i think his price is really reasonable and he did quite a great job for my unit.

Last edited:

zidmosby

Reaction score
wa 70k.. is either you really do a lot or those ID wanna chop you. :s13:

My ID was quite reasonable pricing..

kitchen: Hack semi open + do window + kitchen door + 25ft cabinets in total
all 3 room with at least 5ft wardrobe
master room high storage platform bed
master + living feature wall
Living + 3 room Vinyl overlay
2 toilet with fix glass panel + Vanity
Dining area: false ceiling
living + master room: coves lights
Full height 5ft shoe cabinet
whole house painting: 6 colors

My reno done up is about 40k + - only... + my ID drove me to JB purchase lighting and toiletries..

i think his price is really reasonable and he did quite a great job for my unit.

Yours seem to be quite a fair bit hor? I not doing much. Really simple works. I had one vendor told me its around 70k "based on their previous works" and another vendor told me they will only take a project with a minimum of 60k value or they are not interested.

I'm leaving most of my house empty some more. Even excluding kitchen carpentry and flooring yet.... :s22:

I am asking for hack two walls (kitchen + bedroom), toilet vanity, master bedroom head board with side tables, and open concept wardrobe. That's all. It's really not much compared to most couples but don't know why I am still getting sky high prices.

zidmosby

Reaction score

Important is to do flooring la imo. No flooring = cannot even move in. I went to IDs and they quote me 10k. I went contractor, got less than half price with better material.

semblady123

Reaction score
Yes that someone is me. Always blur hehe..
When is ur due babe? Good luck la

Hi !! Long time no visit this thread hehe. Busy with work and pregnancy pain hahah. Anyway, I saw someone asking bout the return of the deposit right? It took mine bout... 3 weeks..

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Important is to do flooring la imo. No flooring = cannot even move in. I went to IDs and they quote me 10k. I went contractor, got less than half price with better material.

Contractor sure cheaper.. but cannot loan ma..further more contractor do things u really need to be there to supervise lo, where got so much time...lol.

heybuddy

Reaction score

We got rejected by ocbc because me and hubby got no credit rating.. anyway, we have decided to take up cimb reno loan.. they are offering the loan at a higher interest rate due to our rating so we just take the minimum amount @ 10k coz dont want to repay so much every month.. so we have decided to do kitchen with the id and the rest will get contractor to do it. :(

semblady123

Reaction score
What u mean rejected cos of no credit rating?
If I have many credit card bills my loan will be rejected ? Hmmm

We got rejected by ocbc because me and hubby got no credit rating.. anyway, we have decided to take up cimb reno loan.. they are offering the loan at a higher interest rate due to our rating so we just take the minimum amount @ 10k coz dont want to repay so much every month.. so we have decided to do kitchen with the id and the rest will get contractor to do it. :(

heybuddy

Reaction score
What u mean rejected cos of no credit rating?
If I have many credit card bills my loan will be rejected ? Hmmm

Means we dont have credit cards and they dunno if we are reliable enough. If you have been a good girl repaying your cc bills on time then no problem :s13:

william lek

Reaction score
Can anyone share bom shelter cabinet feature wall dimension drawing. I’m would like DIY by myself ( my bom shelter locate just main door area)

LynR52

Reaction score
Yay !!!
Finally collected my keys today!!! Wooohioo

Now need to start contacting IDs and sourcing for one.

Anyways how Long u all took to get the 2K credited into ur bank account ? Thanks

Wahhh congrats!.... everybody seems to have collected keys n doing reno already. I sure last one lahhh... 😅😅 my crm on leave since last week. Will be back today only. Hopefully she faster approve my appeal lahh.

Monday21

Reaction score
Yes that someone is me. Always blur hehe..
When is ur due babe? Good luck la

Hehe.. Baby suppose to pop out ard 10 October. I hope he'll arrive at 10am/pm too hahahaha. Anyway, to those having difficulties securing bank loan, you may wanna try seeing what TCC can help you with... Downside is they need sureties with certain income requirements depending on your loan amount... But i heard from someone here that CIMB loan interest for those without credit ratig is 5%. TCC offering at 4%...

https://www.tcc.org.sg/Renovation-Loan

Amex^1234

Reaction score
Can anyone share bom shelter cabinet feature wall dimension drawing. I’m would like DIY by myself ( my bom shelter locate just main door area)

116cm x 210cm.... However please have your own measurement will be much safer.. every project dimension is different.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.