HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

November 2017 SBF

Like Tree362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM   #2926

am wondering... If we take grant and don't sell until the day we die. Our children will take over and sell for us. Will our children kena levy?
Haiyoh now u make me think lei. In the first place if we die, confirm our children cn get house or not or hdb take back? Cuz if we buy HPS only for us mah...not our childrens name.
LynR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #2927

I think polytechnic can pay school fee via CPF OA account depends on income ba. Not too sure too. I will update you in another 5 years time after my eldest completed her studies and also provided she can advance to that level.
At least with a secured roof that does not require cash payments monthly, we finally have a chance to save up for education... thats what i feel..
Monday21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #2928

but i don't remember seeing any missing grant status leh.... mine was all the way application received bla bla.... just to be sure, call the hotline and ask, why the grant status is missing?
Wah so now there are 2 possibilities. If got missing status means they give us hint liao grant coming soon. If no missing status means they give us pleasant surprise la like tht. Either way... see both also i happy. Hahahaha
Monday21 likes this.
Old 26-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #2929

Missing status or no missing status, i just hope you get your grant!!!!

Thank you. I hope i get my grant too!
Monday21 likes this.
Old 26-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #2930

I'm also O Level only.. just applied for part time diploma.. will start school in oct which is reno period? Gonna be so busy and distracted!
high five! i just completed my ITE bridging course so im taking mine next year too! hope can juggle with 6 kids...
Erinlmh likes this.
Monday21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 05:27 PM   #2931

Haiyoh now u make me think lei. In the first place if we die, confirm our children cn get house or not or hdb take back? Cuz if we buy HPS only for us mah...not our childrens name.
Better make a will to avoid any issue in future after we passed away.
Erinlmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #2932

I'm also O Level only.. just applied for part time diploma.. will start school in oct which is reno period? Gonna be so busy and distracted!
Wanted to take a part-time diploma course which is about 18 weeks. Using the Garment given fund. Like dat can beautify my cert But my girl take her PSLE this year, so I shall wait and wait....
Erinlmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 05:41 PM   #2933

high five! i just completed my ITE bridging course so im taking mine next year too! hope can juggle with 6 kids...
Wow i was just thinking if i can manage with 2 kids lol.. which poly u applying?

Wanted to take a part-time diploma course which is about 18 weeks. Using the Garment given fund. Like dat can beautify my cert But my girl take her PSLE this year, so I shall wait and wait....
I also want to beautify my cert, will be using psea and skillsfuture credits which means this diploma will be free lol.. when i apply for jobs in jobstreet.. 99% of people got higher education than me.. so sad..
Erinlmh likes this.
heybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #2934

Yes 🤣🤣🤣 the missing line was since yest .. after 9am, the grant letter was attached before the missing line with the amount of grant amount mentioned inside the letter 😇😇😇

So the next thing to look out for is missing grant status line
hashbrownz likes this.
semblady123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #2935

Better make a will to avoid any issue in future after we passed away.
Wait our will HDB dont accept how lei. Hahahaha nvr buy HPS for our kids means if both me n husband dies...house HDB take back lor. If HDB accept will...now i will ask my husband to write will put my name. No need buy HPS. 😂😂😂
Old 27-07-2018, 01:31 AM   #2936

If they give you the grant, just take. Stay and dun sell liao. When got money, buy ang mo house. Rent out this flat to service your ang mo house expenses
Actually it’s best if you don’t sell house. Nowadays house also not an investment. Buy cheap, finish paying and rent out. If you sell, need pay this and that. End up will be possibly out of pocket.
Erinlmh likes this.
zidmosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 01:34 AM   #2937

I think polytechnic can pay school fee via CPF OA account depends on income ba. Not too sure too. I will update you in another 5 years time after my eldest completed her studies and also provided she can advance to that level.
Can use cpf for full time poly studies. But take note it’s a loan hor, not “free money”. Got interest some more hahahaha
Old 27-07-2018, 01:43 AM   #2938

My second daughter studied Diploma in baking n pastry at shatec. The course fees is 4k over. Her PSEA acc only have 1.9k...i wanted to pay for the balance using my edusave account also cannot. Only cn use siblings PSEA account. Hahahah.. too funny lah. My edusave acc 15k park there for more than 25yrs also cannot use for my daughter's educations. Cannot trfr to my cpf acc also. I must die die go back to school then cn use edusave acc i think.
Omg really? Our PSEA cannot use for kids one ah? Siao leh like that your 15k collecting dust. But MOE website states that PDEA should go to your cpf once you turn 31 though. Yo should check that out, will be useful for housing repayment.
Old 27-07-2018, 02:54 AM   #2939

Omg really? Our PSEA cannot use for kids one ah? Siao leh like that your 15k collecting dust. But MOE website states that PDEA should go to your cpf once you turn 31 though. Yo should check that out, will be useful for housing repayment.
Cannot use for my kids lor. Im wayyy over 31 already but my edusave still there lor collecting dust. Not sure if i hv to do anything to trfr my edusave fund to ordinary cpf acc.
Old 27-07-2018, 08:07 AM   #2940

This is interesting. Mind keep us posted on your update?

Levy part I understand, you don't need to paid until you buy another subsidiary house. That's the game rule not they main busuk. It have to be in cash.

But I not quite understand why you can't use your HLe for your 34k. Unless you already hit the life time limit that you can use for your housing.

In short: Gov don't want us to continue taking housing as a sure win investment, change house for the sake of getting the cash capital gain.

If you sell ur house and got a cash profit more worse😂. Hdb will ask u to pay for ur current balance purchased price in cash.

Like mine example... i sold my resale flat and got 60k cash 10yrs ago. Now i want to buy this sbf right...the unit cost me 184k. Both our cpf is 150k. Balance 34k, i cant use HLE to pay. They want me to pay it in cash even tho i got 218k HLE amount. On top of 34k...my levy is 20k. So in short they want 54k cash frm me. Thats why im appealling to let me use my HLE to pay for my balance right now.
haogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.